6 vie for 2 seats on City Council in ...

6 vie for 2 seats on City Council in HawaiianGardens

There are 2 comments on the Press-Telegram story from Nov 5, 2011, titled 6 vie for 2 seats on City Council in HawaiianGardens. In it, Press-Telegram reports that:

The candidates are incumbents Victor Farfan and Mike Gomez, and challengers Janeth Arias, Mauricio Arroyo, Adrian Avelar and Kathy Trimble.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press-Telegram.

Aaron Trimble

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Nov 9, 2011
Well, I guess all the lies and evil tricks about Kathy Trimble worked. Kind of sad this couldn't be a fair competition. But I guess it just shines the light on characters. All I have to say is what goes around comes around.
Voter at Lee Ware Rec Cen

Long Beach, CA

#2 Nov 9, 2011
Aaron Trimble wrote:
Well, I guess all the lies and evil tricks about Kathy Trimble worked. Kind of sad this couldn't be a fair competition. But I guess it just shines the light on characters. All I have to say is what goes around comes around.
I voted yesterday afternoon at Lee Ware Rec Center in Hawaiian Gardens. Trimble and Arroyo's election staff were electioneering steps away from the entrance of the polling place; saying to passers-by to vote for #17 and #21. Once inside, at the booth, I overheard another voter tell an elderly voter to vote for #17 and #21 in Spanish.(The polling people only understood English).

When I made the polling people aware of what had happened, I was informed that Trimble and Arroyo's election staff had been doing that all morning and could not get them to back away the requisite 100 feet of the polling place.

As I left the polling place the same people were still going up to others and telling them to vote for Trimble and Arroyo, when I confronted them for engaging in electioneering so close to the polling place (about 25 ft. from the door), I was heckled all the way to my car until I told them that I would report the illegal activity.

I can't believe the extent to which these candidates have gone to ensure election to the council. I hope that you will investigate this. As for me I have already reported this to the city clerk and the registrar's office.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cal State Long Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News All learning relies on literacy May '15 Apex 1
News Long Beach homes a hard buy for todaya s middle... May '15 RealRealtor 3
News Middle class minorities face unique challenges ... Apr '15 Billy Bob 7
News Why the Getty is giving Cal State Long Beach's ... Apr '15 Spanky 4
News California State University Long Beach: Illegal... Mar '15 paps 3
News Minority science students motivated by altruism Mar '15 tourist 3
News Study shows bias between the terms a blacka and... Feb '15 Savant 1
More from around the web