Catholicism no longer seen as roadblock to high office

Full story: National News
For the first 50 years of the Supreme Court, there were no Roman Catholics on the bench, and for years after that, there was generally a single ''Catholic seat.'' But over the last two decades the number of Catholics on the court has dramatically increased, and now, if Judge Sonia Sotomayor is confirmed as a Supreme Court justice, there will be six ... Full Story
tomas

United States

#1 May 31, 2009
The RC church hierarchy craves power and money. It hides behind a pose of arrogant superiority and self-righteous smugness in spite of it's gross pedo-scandals around the globe. I doubt if Sotomayor is a true believer, but I think we can have pause about 3 others on the supreme court. We are just lucky, I guess, we don't have any kooky mormons?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boston College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Comm. Ave. redesign lacks adequate plans for bikes Aug '14 reality is a crutch 1
Boston foot tickler strikes again: 'Serial tick... (Jun '14) Jun '14 reality is a crutch 1
Global warming: the 97% fallacy (May '14) May '14 litesong 2
Kerry calls on U.S. college graduates to face d... (May '14) May '14 Responsibility 26
Study: Catholic Church has fallen short in serv... (May '14) May '14 Nulli Secundus 1
Gerry Adams arrest threatens Northern Ireland p... (May '14) May '14 Red coventry 3
Major victory for BC in court battle over Belfa... (Jun '13) Apr '14 rock white 21
More from around the web