A cupcake sellout at 'inherently racist' bake sale by UC Berkeley Republicans

There are 17 comments on the Sep 27, 2011, WFMZ-TV Allentown story titled A cupcake sellout at 'inherently racist' bake sale by UC Berkeley Republicans. In it, WFMZ-TV Allentown reports that:

A provocative bake sale designed to satirize affirmative action resulted in no fisticuffs Tuesday, but it did prompt a sellout of 300 cupcakes and some heated debate at the University of California at Berkeley, the bake sale organizer said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ-TV Allentown.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“Romney 2012”

Since: Feb 11

philadelphia, pa.

#146 Oct 2, 2011
APV wrote:
<quoted text>
After seeing GAM going into depression before the Red Sox won the World Series, I learned the importance of not getting caught up into sports...
I feel ya on that, BTW this years Boston Flop sox spend a ton of $$$$ on players and didn't make it into the playoffs for the 2nd straight year.

APV

“You were saying about bp aging”

Since: Apr 08

still busy trolling??

#147 Oct 2, 2011
jimmy_is_back wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel ya on that, BTW this years Boston Flop sox spend a ton of $$$$ on players and didn't make it into the playoffs for the 2nd straight year.
Red Sox has a history of racial discrimination, so I don't feel too bad for them.

I'm just glad this dang 'reverse the curse' excuse is done.

“Romney 2012”

Since: Feb 11

philadelphia, pa.

#148 Oct 2, 2011
APV wrote:
<quoted text>
Red Sox has a history of racial discrimination, so I don't feel too bad for them.
I'm just glad this dang 'reverse the curse' excuse is done.
The red sox were the very last team to hire a black player, i think the guys name was 'pumpsie Green' he was sign in 1959 and played for boston till 1962.
He played 2nd base from what i heard.
Boston is not like that now, the Celtics are almost all black, even there coach Doc Rivers is black, times and people have changed.

“Shove your "Warnings"”

Since: Jul 11

where da sun don't shine....

#149 Oct 2, 2011
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly, but you'll be hard pressed to find whites discussing it. It's like a well kept secret. Instead, they want to focus on Blacks and Hispanics while meth decimates the mid-west amongst poor whites. The problem has reached epedemic porportions and you read nothing on this forum about it. It's that projecting crap again.
This is the BLACK forum, dumbfk. The only people discussing 'white' issues here,
... are you stupid negroes.

APV

“You were saying about bp aging”

Since: Apr 08

still busy trolling??

#150 Oct 2, 2011
jimmy_is_back wrote:
<quoted text>
The red sox were the very last team to hire a black player, i think the guys name was 'pumpsie Green' he was sign in 1959 and played for boston till 1962.
He played 2nd base from what i heard.
Boston is not like that now, the Celtics are almost all black, even there coach Doc Rivers is black, times and people have changed.
Yeah, the Red Sox were known for a prime example of why the Good Ol' Boy network doesn't work.

Boston is improving but they still have a ways to go...
PTBW Forever

Louisville, KY

#151 Oct 2, 2011
MasterOfPuppets wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! Not again!
Yes, it's wrong that this system of politics and society in America has largely flourished under pro-white bias and anti-non-white racist discrimination. We can't deny that American history is deeply steeped in bloodshed and discriminatory practice where anyone different than a rich male WASP are the politicians and sizeable share of workplace and educational preferential treatment, admission, and hiring. In fact, one of our biggest problems in the past was being too super white in many aspects.
BUT, a solution like affirmative action does not help matters as well meaning as many of it's supporters. In fact, it creates more problems than solutions, especially in the long run.
As much as it may even the playing field a bit, many people on all sides don't like it...
There are minorities who are confused as to whether they got in because of their abilities or because of their skin color. It's really not changing much because it's still judging their college admission or job hiring on the basis of their skin color only now in favor of it instead of against it.
Now more white people are getting the other end of the stick which will only help set up a system more and more that says if you're white, then you're f***ed, and over upcoming years only means a system where we are at a disadvantage.
As a melting pot society, we should be moving towards an egalitarian society of whose tolerance is based on racial ignorance in the context of not so much not perceiving difference as it's part of our animal instinct to differentiate between different organism and differences amongst our own, but morever in the context of seeing it, but it's not a really big deal.
By favoring non-whites, you discriminate against whites. A system which is designed to favor non-white people is not giving a fair and equal hand as many would believe, but giving non-white the upper hand. An upperhand is not equality, which is surprising a society where we're often encouraged to ignore race and therefore gives a very confusing mixed message, and over a long period of time it would help to create a society where white people are underfavored and essentially the racist system, much like a teeter totter, gets tilted in a different direction.
And think about this... With this teeter totter, it tilts every couple of decades or perhaps much longer, which if this racism stays constant means, that one group gets priveledged up to to a time, others get POed, new social change occurs to change that and the system starts to get tilted the other way, the previously more priveledged group gets POed, then social change occurs again to tilt it again, now have switched around again. It's just a constant cycle of alternation every so much of a period of time that in the long run is just going through the motions and not doing anything. Do the ends here really justify the means when the ends seem non-existent and the means are just stupid?
The point is that the racism is still there, regardless of who's more priveledged, and in the end we really didn't solve anything, just rearranged the prejudices.
We should be working to a system where the superficiality of skin pigmentation becomes a moot point, but the United States is too RACE OBSESSED for that to be easily attainable. We first need to heal racial understanding and subsequent reaction to where this thing called "race" doesn't matter.
Affirmative action generally works against this needed equality and further maintain and widen social gaps between us.
It looks like you finally understand(to a point).
lmao

United States

#152 Oct 2, 2011
PTBW Forever wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks like you finally understand(to a point).
Peanut BUTTER and JELLY!!!! lmbaOOO!!!!

What a pathetic whinny azz LOSER!!! lol!!!

“Shove your "Warnings"”

Since: Jul 11

where da sun don't shine....

#153 Oct 2, 2011
Jesus H. Christopher, blacks are illiterate....smh.....
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

#154 Oct 2, 2011
oh _ ReaIIy ___ wrote:
<quoted text>This is the BLACK forum, dumbfk. The only people discussing 'white' issues here,
... are you stupid negroes.
It's the Berkeley College Forum and an article about Republicans who set up an affirmative action cupcake sale. Trolls came and predictably blathered on ignorantly about black gangs as evidence of racial inferiority. The truth was established and then people moved on while you still grunt and scratch in your disorientation.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#155 Oct 3, 2011
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>Stupid! How can 13% ruin the country?
Doesn't take much poison to ruin the well.
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

#156 Oct 3, 2011
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>What are you doing, playing troll games? You stated in a post on this thread that Blacks and Hispanics were criminals, violent, lazy, etc. Now you're saying they never did anything to you, but whites have and Blacks and Hispanics are your friends?
Wow, and you're saying something is wrong with me? At least I am consistent and have my story straight! lol.
Whatís wrong now you just choose to ignore because you are wrong??? You should at the very least apologize to me... You claim I was racist and on here calling blacks and Spanish people lazy I ask you to show me where I said that and of course you cannot since I never did. Cant admit when you are wrong??
Let me give you some advice donít bother with Typical he really is what you claimed I was. Perhaps you were reading what he said and just thought it was me.
Typical

Chicago, IL

#157 Oct 3, 2011
KeepGitmoOpen wrote:
<quoted text>Whatís wrong now you just choose to ignore because you are wrong??? You should at the very least apologize to me... You claim I was racist and on here calling blacks and Spanish people lazy I ask you to show me where I said that and of course you cannot since I never did. Cant admit when you are wrong??
Let me give you some advice donít bother with Typical he really is what you claimed I was. Perhaps you were reading what he said and just thought it was me.
All this coming from the closet racist. You have got to be sick of being such a hypocrite.
Typical

Chicago, IL

#158 Oct 3, 2011
Let's get a Topix bus trip to New York going! I heard there is a place selling Obama Fried Chicken.

“I'm out hunting”

Since: Jan 10

For your mind and soul

#160 Oct 3, 2011
CaptainBliss wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't take much poison to ruin the well.
Asilly excuse for a retarded mind.
Typical

United States

#162 Oct 4, 2011
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text> Asilly excuse for a retarded mind.
No matter how silly it sounds, the truth behind it is very evident in established cities with well known histories.

Reading was a great city at one time. Introduce a huge influx of blacks and spanish.... Well look at it now!

The only thing "retarded" is the jaded view of people like you who can't see the real problem.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#163 Oct 4, 2011
Typical wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how silly it sounds, the truth behind it is very evident in established cities with well known histories.
Reading was a great city at one time. Introduce a huge influx of blacks and spanish.... Well look at it now!
The only thing "retarded" is the jaded view of people like you who can't see the real problem.
A very dark problem.
auntie bee

Mount Vernon, IA

#164 Oct 4, 2011
lmao wrote:
<quoted text>
Peanut BUTTER and JELLY!!!! lmbaOOO!!!!
What a pathetic whinny azz LOSER!!! lol!!!
peanutbutter?, do yousz have one of those made into spaceships too homie?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Berkeley College Honors Elizabeth Student At Gr... (May '12) May '12 Evelyn Lyte 1
News Latino Republicans 'Point to History,' Look to ... (Feb '12) Feb '12 tomin cali 4
News Legal California students will compete with ill... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Atl 2
News UC Berkeley engineering school to address sexism (Nov '11) Nov '11 Ronald 2
News Some thoughts on a half-baked idea (Oct '11) Oct '11 Gary47 3
News 'Racist' bake sale by UC Berkeley GOP set for T... (Sep '11) Oct '11 Chavo del eight 201
News Racist Event to Expose a Racist Bill? (Sep '11) Sep '11 Martin Luther King 2
More from around the web