A cupcake sellout at 'inherently raci...

A cupcake sellout at 'inherently racist' bake sale by UC Berkeley Republicans

There are 157 comments on the WFMZ-TV Allentown story from Sep 27, 2011, titled A cupcake sellout at 'inherently racist' bake sale by UC Berkeley Republicans. In it, WFMZ-TV Allentown reports that:

A provocative bake sale designed to satirize affirmative action resulted in no fisticuffs Tuesday, but it did prompt a sellout of 300 cupcakes and some heated debate at the University of California at Berkeley, the bake sale organizer said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ-TV Allentown.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#24 Sep 29, 2011
jimmy_is_back wrote:
<quoted text>
That is uncalled for !
Blacks have been here for over 400 years and were severely mistreated, read your history you moron !
Thank you Jimmy. It won't register to people like him. I guess people like him think they can change our mindset by insulting us, go figure, lol.

“Romney 2012”

Since: Feb 11

philadelphia, pa.

#25 Sep 29, 2011
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you Jimmy. It won't register to people like him. I guess people like him think they can change our mindset by insulting us, go figure, lol.
Idiots like him ruin it for other whites.
I shouldn't allow myself to even respond to people like him, but someone has to. i detest people like him.
Enjoy your day sweetie.

Location hidden

#26 Sep 29, 2011
jimmy_is_back wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiots like him ruin it for other whites.
I shouldn't allow myself to even respond to people like him, but someone has to. i detest people like him.
Enjoy your day sweetie.
Thanks again, Jimmy. Enjoy your day also.
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

#27 Sep 29, 2011
The bigger story might be republicans going to berkeley?
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

#28 Sep 29, 2011
jimmy_is_back wrote:
<quoted text>
That is uncalled for !
Blacks have been here for over 400 years and were severely mistreated, read your history you moron !
Blacks were sold out by there own people. The mistreatment started in Africa.
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

#29 Sep 29, 2011
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, it's not fair. You guys only got 100s of years of preferential treatment (even the new comer whites, lol) at the expense of the native born blacks. Decades of preferential treatment is enough! It's simply not fair!
Bawawah!
stop acting like a child screaming itís not fair. The sins of our father are not of our own... Yes white people in the PAST mistreated Blacks and its deplorable. BUT two wrongs donít make a right and all this does is create racism and empower white supremacists and help them recruit.
It wasnít right when white people did it and itís not right if any other race does it.
Oh and vote for Herman Cain for president!
Typical

Chicago, IL

#30 Sep 29, 2011
The mistreatment was 400 years ago. Get over it!! Try and redeem your race instead of being a bunch of sue happy apes.

“I love being a Black Man”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#31 Sep 29, 2011
Typical wrote:
The mistreatment was 400 years ago. Get over it!! Try and redeem your race instead of being a bunch of sue happy apes.
This is another short sighted mantra.

Slavery Officially ended in 1865. In Actually. It was probably over 5-7 years after that. 100 years later. There was the Civil Rights Act. That basically ended systematic government mistreatment of Blacks. But socially. Black still faced mistreat from Whites. While Police Officers hosing down little girls might seem to be a fun day at the park for you. I personally see that as mistreatment. In fact, Lawrence Russell Brewer was executed last week for the dragging death of a Black man.

Now, I'm not Blind. I realize that things for Black Americans are better than they have ever been in this country. I also realize that the majority of issues affecting Black Americans are mainly self inflicted. But this notion of "it was 400 years ago. Get over it." That does seem a little ridiculous. Black people should never forget. We should understand, and not allow past transgressions to be a crutch. But get over it no.
Typical

Chicago, IL

#32 Sep 29, 2011
Tap-dance around it all you want, they are no longer slaves to anyone but themselves. They want equality, they want respect, they want racism abolished? How about cleaning up your act? How about acting like a human instead of concerning yourself with slavery?

How about the idiotic lawsuit to obtain monies for the relatives of former slaves? Greed drives their every being.

They are nothing more than trash, like every other minority. Prove to the world you are worth the oxygen you take up and maybe the rest of the world will accept you.
Kick

Detroit, MI

#34 Sep 29, 2011
Eagle Eye Smith wrote:
Wonder how many blacks tried to use food stamps.
LOL

Location hidden

#35 Sep 29, 2011
KeepGitmoOpen wrote:
<quoted text>stop acting like a child screaming itís not fair. The sins of our father are not of our own... Yes white people in the PAST mistreated Blacks and its deplorable. BUT two wrongs donít make a right and all this does is create racism and empower white supremacists and help them recruit.
It wasnít right when white people did it and itís not right if any other race does it.
Oh and vote for Herman Cain for president!
You people are completely and totally deranged. Me, screaming it's not fair? Can you read? A whiny white person created this thread. Whites are the ones not only whining on this thread but all over the forum! Stop acting like spoiled and entitled children who can't understand what they've done wrong and why people are pissed off at them!

Location hidden

#36 Sep 29, 2011
Typical wrote:
Tap-dance around it all you want, they are no longer slaves to anyone but themselves. They want equality, they want respect, they want racism abolished? How about cleaning up your act? How about acting like a human instead of concerning yourself with slavery?
How about the idiotic lawsuit to obtain monies for the relatives of former slaves? Greed drives their every being.
They are nothing more than trash, like every other minority. Prove to the world you are worth the oxygen you take up and maybe the rest of the world will accept you.
Aren't you the humble one now, lol. Taking up space and using up the Oxgen? Earth to so called superior white person, your race is only 13% of the population. Therefore, in my estimation, what you just posted means as much to the world as a fly taking a dump.

Wrap your egostical mind around that concept if you have enough grey matter.
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

#37 Sep 29, 2011
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>You people are completely and totally deranged. Me, screaming it's not fair? Can you read? A whiny white person created this thread. Whites are the ones not only whining on this thread but all over the forum! Stop acting like spoiled and entitled children who can't understand what they've done wrong and why people are pissed off at them!
Does what I say sound unfair....NO! Blacks do wrong all the time and here is a key factor PEOPLE do wrong all the time and by ur comments I see that you are still blinded by race and think you are entitled to something which is BS I donít care what color you are people who think they are entitled to something are just ignorant POS.

Yes I read you whining perfectly fine.

You were never a slave or know a slave. I never owened a slave nor did my parents grandparents or anyone else in my family. In fact the North where i am from helped free the slaves.

You are obviously a bigot. "You people" are derranged.

Look at some of the stupidty...
Blacks file Class Action Racial Discrimination Suit Against Obama & Democrats
Perryman said President Obama was named as a defendant not only because he is the official leader of the Democratic Party, but because of certain statements he made about his own party in his book, Dreams from My Father. In 2009, the President was asked to issue an apology to blacks on behalf of his party, but he refused. Unlike other reparations lawsuits, this lawsuit merely asks for a public apology, but no monetary damages.

http://www.federalobserver.com/2011/09/14/bla...

Location hidden

#38 Sep 29, 2011
MumRa wrote:
<quoted text>
This is another short sighted mantra.
Slavery Officially ended in 1865. In Actually. It was probably over 5-7 years after that. 100 years later. There was the Civil Rights Act. That basically ended systematic government mistreatment of Blacks. But socially. Black still faced mistreat from Whites. While Police Officers hosing down little girls might seem to be a fun day at the park for you. I personally see that as mistreatment. In fact, Lawrence Russell Brewer was executed last week for the dragging death of a Black man.
Now, I'm not Blind. I realize that things for Black Americans are better than they have ever been in this country. I also realize that the majority of issues affecting Black Americans are mainly self inflicted. But this notion of "it was 400 years ago. Get over it." That does seem a little ridiculous. Black people should never forget. We should understand, and not allow past transgressions to be a crutch. But get over it no.
Once again you displayed class and tact that these functionally illiterate posters cannot display. They rant and rave over things they have little understanding of so convinced of the things they've been told or read.

The American educational system is really lacking when it puts out people with such limited cognitive skills.
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

#39 Sep 29, 2011
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Once again you displayed class and tact that these functionally illiterate posters cannot display. They rant and rave over things they have little understanding of so convinced of the things they've been told or read.
The American educational system is really lacking when it puts out people with such limited cognitive skills.
funny considering he basically said the same thing i did...is it because you know he is black that you accept it? so you are racist and a hypocrite.. that sounds llike a winning combination.

Location hidden

#40 Sep 29, 2011
KeepGitmoOpen wrote:
<quoted text>funny considering he basically said the same thing i did...is it because you know he is black that you accept it? so you are racist and a hypocrite.. that sounds llike a winning combination.
Yeah, you all are getting good at parroting the same old refrains. Disagree with you and we're racists and hypocrites, LOL!

I suggest you take a long look in the mirror. There you will see the face of the racist and the hypocrite.
Typical

Reading, PA

#41 Sep 29, 2011
KeepGitmoOpen wrote:
<quoted text>funny considering he basically said the same thing i did...is it because you know he is black that you accept it? so you are racist and a hypocrite.. that sounds llike a winning combination.
Rarely do I agree with you but I do here. Blacks want white to accept them as equals, on THEIR terms.

Wanna know why? Because some long lost ancestor was a slave. GET OVER IT!!!

Location hidden

#42 Sep 29, 2011
KeepGitmoOpen wrote:
<quoted text>Does what I say sound unfair....NO! Blacks do wrong all the time and here is a key factor PEOPLE do wrong all the time and by ur comments I see that you are still blinded by race and think you are entitled to something which is BS I donít care what color you are people who think they are entitled to something are just ignorant POS.
Yes I read you whining perfectly fine.
You were never a slave or know a slave. I never owened a slave nor did my parents grandparents or anyone else in my family. In fact the North where i am from helped free the slaves.
You are obviously a bigot. "You people" are derranged.
Look at some of the stupidty...
Blacks file Class Action Racial Discrimination Suit Against Obama & Democrats
Perryman said President Obama was named as a defendant not only because he is the official leader of the Democratic Party, but because of certain statements he made about his own party in his book, Dreams from My Father. In 2009, the President was asked to issue an apology to blacks on behalf of his party, but he refused. Unlike other reparations lawsuits, this lawsuit merely asks for a public apology, but no monetary damages.
http://www.federalobserver.com/2011/09/14/bla...
Look, you'll have to work out your racial angst and frustrations on some other blacks. Maybe a Black therapist. I don't recall anything in my post about slavery, or being a slave or you owning one. Most whites were lower class and were serfs themselves. The upper class southern whites did. Perhaps your ancestors were sharecroppers or overseers, matters not to me. I will not allow you to make yourself feel superior and act as if you have some kind of beef, you don't.

Last time I looked, this is an opinion forum and I am sharing mine. When I read the constitution, it guaranteed freedom of speech. If you don't like what I post don't read them. However, this is an AA Forum for and about AA issues and no one said you had to personally like them, agree with them or read them. Trust and believe I will express my opinions and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Enjoy your day....I am enjoying mine.
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

#43 Sep 29, 2011
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Look, you'll have to work out your racial angst and frustrations on some other blacks. Maybe a Black therapist. I don't recall anything in my post about slavery, or being a slave or you owning one. Most whites were lower class and were serfs themselves. The upper class southern whites did. Perhaps your ancestors were sharecroppers or overseers, matters not to me. I will not allow you to make yourself feel superior and act as if you have some kind of beef, you don't.
Last time I looked, this is an opinion forum and I am sharing mine. When I read the constitution, it guaranteed freedom of speech. If you don't like what I post don't read them. However, this is an AA Forum for and about AA issues and no one said you had to personally like them, agree with them or read them. Trust and believe I will express my opinions and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.
Enjoy your day....I am enjoying mine.
Stay ignorant!
Typical

Reading, PA

#44 Sep 29, 2011
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't you the humble one now, lol. Taking up space and using up the Oxgen? Earth to so called superior white person, your race is only 13% of the population. Therefore, in my estimation, what you just posted means as much to the world as a fly taking a dump.
Wrap your egostical mind around that concept if you have enough grey matter.
More Tap dancing. Listen, blacks and PR's have little to no meaning in this world and they are still considered minorities. They are also associated with ghetto behavior, drug dealing, gangs, get my drift?

So by your estimation, my race takes up far less space in America, but isn't associated with all of the above criminal activities. Sure, they are in the game, but when someone thinks of a gang banger, they picture a black or PR or even an asian. IF someone thinks of a drug dealer, or a car jacker, black, PR or asian.

If I were a part of one of those races, I would be embarrassed. I'm proud of my race, I would be proud to be associated with other races, if they could stop acting like animals.

They are too hung up on being "oppressed" to clean up their act. It's the white mans fault that their relative was a slave and now they are a criminal? Yeah right...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ben Shapiro's Berkeley Speech Goes Peacefully Sep 17 C Kersey 1
News Berkeley College Honors Elizabeth Student At Gr... (May '12) May '12 Evelyn Lyte 1
News Latino Republicans 'Point to History,' Look to ... (Feb '12) Feb '12 tomin cali 4
News Legal California students will compete with ill... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Atl 2
News UC Berkeley engineering school to address sexism (Nov '11) Nov '11 Ronald 2
News Some thoughts on a half-baked idea (Oct '11) Oct '11 Gary47 3
News 'Racist' bake sale by UC Berkeley GOP set for T... (Sep '11) Oct '11 Chavo del eight 201
More from around the web