A cupcake sellout at 'inherently racist' bake sale by UC Berkeley Republicans

Sep 27, 2011 Full story: WFMZ-TV Allentown 157

A provocative bake sale designed to satirize affirmative action resulted in no fisticuffs Tuesday, but it did prompt a sellout of 300 cupcakes and some heated debate at the University of California at Berkeley, the bake sale organizer said.

Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
chazzman

Seattle, WA

#1 Sep 27, 2011
This is 2011, not 1811. Heck ya'll when will this merde end?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2 Sep 28, 2011
chazzman wrote:
This is 2011, not 1811. Heck ya'll when will this merde end?
When blacks stop screaming victim.
Typical

United States

#3 Sep 28, 2011
CaptainBliss wrote:
<quoted text>
When blacks stop screaming victim.
But their relatives were slaves.......

“I love being a Black Man”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#4 Sep 28, 2011
"We agree that the event is inherently racist, but that is the point,"
Typical

United States

#5 Sep 28, 2011
So the cupcakes were made of dark chocolate and had bright red lip icing?
learn how to read

Salt Lake City, UT

#6 Sep 28, 2011
It was done to try to end affirmative action, by republicans, not people of color. If Affirm Action is ended, WW will be in BIG trouble.

Those republicans say that we are all equal regardles of race, gender, ethnicity, and should all be treated equally.

We know they are lying, but hey.......

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#7 Sep 28, 2011
Glad you admit you are not as equal, ...
learn how to read

Salt Lake City, UT

#9 Sep 28, 2011
Big Time wrote:
Glad you admit you are not as equal,...
For the illiterate, I meant we know they DONT want equality, we know they DONT think we are equal, we know that they are just saying these things to promote their own ignorant agenda

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#11 Sep 28, 2011
learn how to read wrote:
<quoted text>
For the illiterate, I meant we know they DONT want equality, we know they DONT think we are equal, we know that they are just saying these things to promote their own ignorant agenda
Unlike the NAACP, Black Caucus, Southern Poverty Law, Southern Christian Leadership, Negro universities, fraternities, beauty pagents, television channels, topix forums....

“Do me a favor”

Since: Nov 09

And don't do me no favor

#12 Sep 28, 2011
I didn't know cupcakes were racists too. ;^(
learn how to read

Salt Lake City, UT

#13 Sep 28, 2011
CaptainBliss wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike the NAACP, Black Caucus, Southern Poverty Law, Southern Christian Leadership, Negro universities, fraternities, beauty pagents, television channels, topix forums....
These orgs wouldn't exist if there was equality in the first place.... end of story
Pocahontas

Northampton, PA

#14 Sep 28, 2011
"baked goods were sold to Native American men for 25 cents. All women received 25 cents off."

Heap good cupcakes. Cost no wampum.
Klaus

Toronto, Canada

#16 Sep 28, 2011
Blacks and other lesser racial types can hack it without lower standards and special treatment, period! Racial equality is a MYTH, period!

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#17 Sep 28, 2011
Well it appears the blacks got cheaper prices for their cupcakes
Wow

United States

#18 Sep 29, 2011
MumRa wrote:
"We agree that the event is inherently racist, but that is the point,"
Yes, because they're making the point of RACISM concerning whites having to pay more for things, even when they did not commit any crimes today; yet blacks, who did NOT go through slavery or discrimination today get things easier than whites.

They're showing how it's REVERSE racial discrimination now! And that "Two wrongs don't make a RIGHT!"

That's the whole point of their little example.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#19 Sep 29, 2011
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because they're making the point of RACISM concerning whites having to pay more for things, even when they did not commit any crimes today; yet blacks, who did NOT go through slavery or discrimination today get things easier than whites.
They're showing how it's REVERSE racial discrimination now! And that "Two wrongs don't make a RIGHT!"
That's the whole point of their little example.
Yep, it's not fair. You guys only got 100s of years of preferential treatment (even the new comer whites, lol) at the expense of the native born blacks. Decades of preferential treatment is enough! It's simply not fair!

Bawawah!
Wow

United States

#20 Sep 29, 2011
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, it's not fair. You guys only got 100s of years of preferential treatment (even the new comer whites, lol) at the expense of the native born blacks. Decades of preferential treatment is enough! It's simply not fair!
Bawawah!
In that silly line of thinking: Europeans should send you back to Africa since even WHEN you were enslaved and discriminated against, you had it MILES better in America than in your native lands where you were ALSO enslaved, yet living in total primitive squalor and poverty compared to advanced European society with all its technology.

So I guess Europeans NOT shipping you back to Africa and LETTING you live in advanced European-American society is more than payback for what your ancestors went through, and the "advantages" whites today have over blacks.

Consider yourselves lucky, and shut the whiny mouth up, or you can move back to Africa! See how that goes for you.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#21 Sep 29, 2011
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
In that silly line of thinking: Europeans should send you back to Africa since even WHEN you were enslaved and discriminated against, you had it MILES better in America than in your native lands where you were ALSO enslaved, yet living in total primitive squalor and poverty compared to advanced European society with all its technology.
So I guess Europeans NOT shipping you back to Africa and LETTING you live in advanced European-American society is more than payback for what your ancestors went through, and the "advantages" whites today have over blacks.
Consider yourselves lucky, and shut the whiny mouth up, or you can move back to Africa! See how that goes for you.
Yep, let it all out, lol. Who's going to send me back to Africa? You, a piece of trash whose parents probably immigrated here to escape poverty? Seems a lot of you didn't have it so good in Europe or your azzes wouldn't be here either, right?

This country belonged to the natives, not you pieces of trash! They're the only ones that can tell someone to go back to their own country, not YOU!

And you wonder why blacks don't vote Republican or think like you, you racist, foul, sewer rat.

“Romney 2012”

Since: Feb 11

philadelphia, pa.

#22 Sep 29, 2011
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
In that silly line of thinking: Europeans should send you back to Africa since even WHEN you were enslaved and discriminated against, you had it MILES better in America than in your native lands where you were ALSO enslaved, yet living in total primitive squalor and poverty compared to advanced European society with all its technology.
So I guess Europeans NOT shipping you back to Africa and LETTING you live in advanced European-American society is more than payback for what your ancestors went through, and the "advantages" whites today have over blacks.
Consider yourselves lucky, and shut the whiny mouth up, or you can move back to Africa! See how that goes for you.
That is uncalled for !
Blacks have been here for over 400 years and were severely mistreated, read your history you moron !

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#23 Sep 29, 2011
Points for skin color, still can't compete it seems,...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Berkeley College Honors Elizabeth Student At Gr... (May '12) May '12 Evelyn Lyte 1
Latino Republicans 'Point to History,' Look to ... (Feb '12) Feb '12 tomin cali 4
Legal California students will compete with ill... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Atl 2
UC Berkeley engineering school to address sexism (Nov '11) Nov '11 Ronald 2
Some thoughts on a half-baked idea (Oct '11) Oct '11 Gary47 3
'Racist' bake sale by UC Berkeley GOP set for T... (Sep '11) Oct '11 Chavo del eight 201
Racist Event to Expose a Racist Bill? (Sep '11) Sep '11 Martin Luther King 2
More from around the web