Women At Black Colleges Targeted For ...

Women At Black Colleges Targeted For Business

There are 7 comments on the WXIA-TV Atlanta story from Sep 17, 2009, titled Women At Black Colleges Targeted For Business. In it, WXIA-TV Atlanta reports that:

Spelman College and Clark Atlanta University are among eight historically black colleges that will participate in an initiative aimed at training female students for careers in business and as entrepreneurs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA-TV Atlanta.

JrB

Dahlonega, GA

#1 Sep 17, 2009
I think the whole idea of Black Colleges is Racist. What ever happened to the dream? We are all suppose to be equal!!! I admit there are alot of racist whites still out there, But there are alot of racist blacks also. The NAACP is full of them. I think of and treat everyone the same, no mater if they are White, Black, Brown, Red or any other color. I know all the injustices done to black people in the past, However until the racists of all colors decide to leave it in the past, The "DREAM" will never come true.

Since: Aug 09

United States

#2 Sep 17, 2009
Interesting, black women are 2x as likely than a white woman, and 4x as likely than a latina to start a business. This great news for moving forward!
JrB

Dawsonville, GA

#4 Sep 17, 2009
Whitey is racist wrote:
The white man wants to keep Strong Black Men and Women in slavery.Now we have a Strong Black Man in the White House.It's our turn now whitey.You racists honkies get ready,your white bitches are going to be making us money now.
It's not hard to see who the dumb ass racist is here!!!!
JrB

Dawsonville, GA

#5 Sep 17, 2009
Noir in Seattle wrote:
Interesting, black women are 2x as likely than a white woman, and 4x as likely than a latina to start a business. This great news for moving forward!
So we are for segragation now?
JrB

Dawsonville, GA

#7 Sep 17, 2009
Whitey is racist wrote:
Here's a racist whitey sticking his pointy,white robe wearing head up.JrB,go back to your cross burning and lynching.The Black Man is top dog now and we're going to put your racist,mayonaise eating,slave owning cracker ass to work for us.You don't like the fact that Blacks are intellectually and genetically superior to racist whiteys.Life as you know it is over,you racist honkie.Learn to like it.
If Blacks were intellectually and genetically superior......What happened to you? Go cash in your food stamps and get another bottle of wine you idiot!!! LMAO

Since: Aug 09

United States

#8 Sep 19, 2009
How is empowering someone to better in life segregation? Maybe if more black people understand that money can be made beyond entertainment and sports it will produce quality and realistic goals for one to attain. Not to mention we can better support our own neighborhoods, when a korean opens a business in black areas the money goes back to their neighborhood. When blacks open a business in black neighborhood it supports that area. Everyone else understands this, go to a latino, east indian asian area and you will see most of the businesses dry cleaners, investment office, travl agent etc will be owned and operated by the people from that area!

Since: Sep 09

El Dorado Springs, MO

#9 Sep 19, 2009
If there were something called a 'white college', would that be racist? Yep.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bennett College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bennett Center sold (Mar '14) Jun '15 Huh 58
News Four consistent concerns from African Americans... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Mike 3
News Red White & Boom will feature "The Last Ride" (Jul '13) Jul '13 Dexter 1
News Local NAACP plans King celebration (Jan '13) Jan '13 Cutter 2
News Maya Angelou hosts Black History Month special (Feb '12) Feb '12 rider 1
News Laurel County Homecoming (Aug '11) Oct '11 darlene 4
News After the March (Oct '10) Oct '10 Anonymous 3
More from around the web