Obama misspeaks on computer inventor

Obama misspeaks on computer inventor

There are 55 comments on the www.washingtontimes.com story from Oct 8, 2008, titled Obama misspeaks on computer inventor. In it, www.washingtontimes.com reports that:

The Democrats appear to need another refresher course in the history of technology. At Tuesday night's presidential debate at Belmont University in Nashville, Tenn., Mr. Obama, in talking about environmental innovation, incorrectly described the invention of the computer as a government project.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.washingtontimes.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sunny

Toccoa, GA

#46 Oct 8, 2008
Concerning the Presidential Debate

Looks like the questions were spoonfed to the audience, not their questions, as they had a hard time reading the questions. Hhhmm Tom Brokaw or ...
ellie

Willow Grove, PA

#47 Oct 8, 2008
Obama incorrectly describes a lot of things and very important issues as well.
Maybe he's not as well trained as I thought.
GO HOME OBAMA!!!
Just An Observer

Oscoda, MI

#48 Oct 8, 2008
ellie wrote:
Obama incorrectly describes a lot of things and very important issues as well.
Maybe he's not as well trained as I thought.
GO HOME OBAMA!!!
Now, now ellie. Don't want to be working in those coal mines all your Pennsylvanian life, do you? Pennsylvanians need the opportunity to get a college education, changing to green jobs, and a future for their families. Obama is the answer, not another Republican. Look how many mine disasters happened under Bush. Pennsylvania, vote for Obama.
livewire is tha man

Lisle, IL

#49 Oct 9, 2008
will somebody make a comment that isn't written by an internet script....
!!!
i want somebody to challenge the statement!!!
this column is entirely false if not prove otherwise.
evidence is Wikipedia...
you follow a republican leader who is lieing to you through the media!!!!
media owned by their friends!!!
Obama the terrorist

Clairton, PA

#50 Oct 9, 2008
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not unreasonable to call a government-funded project a "government project" even if the work is done at a private institution.
I was going to vote for Obama. Not anymore, I can't vote for someone who has their head up their a$$.

Since: Jul 08

Harlan

#51 Oct 9, 2008
Just An Observer wrote:
<quoted text>Now, now ellie. Don't want to be working in those coal mines all your Pennsylvanian life, do you? Pennsylvanians need the opportunity to get a college education, changing to green jobs, and a future for their families. Obama is the answer, not another Republican. Look how many mine disasters happened under Bush. Pennsylvania, vote for Obama.
I've heard it all....Bush caused the mine collapses....OMG.
MR AL

Seattle, WA

#52 Oct 9, 2008
Just An Observer wrote:
<quoted text>Now, now ellie. Don't want to be working in those coal mines all your Pennsylvanian life, do you? Pennsylvanians need the opportunity to get a college education, changing to green jobs, and a future for their families. Obama is the answer, not another Republican. Look how many mine disasters happened under Bush. Pennsylvania, vote for Obama.
Obama the answer huh? Because you said so. Obama is the answer to ALL? Get real..
stpd ppl r evreywhere

Boynton Beach, FL

#53 Oct 9, 2008
i watched the debate and he meant to say "internet". it was an honest mistake because we normally associate the internet with computers.
MR AL

Seattle, WA

#54 Oct 9, 2008
stpd ppl r evreywhere wrote:
i watched the debate and he meant to say "internet". it was an honest mistake because we normally associate the internet with computers.
Average dumb people yes I see that. Most knows that a computer and the internet are different.
michael

Marquette, MI

#55 Oct 10, 2008
Well if Obama wins, Dems control Senate and House this country will be in a depression and in 2010 elections the Republicans will win control of the Senate and the House.
Grumpy

Hicksville, NY

#56 Oct 10, 2008
Just more GIGO from Rev. Moon.
1) Al Gore did not say he invented the internet.
2) If you read the column ,you will see it was an Army funded endeaver. These people were working for the government.
However, if you want to quibble about terminology, OK.
Grumpy

Hicksville, NY

#57 Oct 10, 2008
Item 2 refers to Obama's statement.

“Love of $ is the Root of Evil”

Since: Sep 08

Gotham City

#58 Oct 10, 2008
The Internet...
AND Computers were invented from government spending dollars.

Those who think otherwise are ignorant of facts (look them up)... and are being fooled by a corrupt spokesperson.

This article is ENTIRELY FALSE.

BOTH... Internet & Computers were the direct result of government funding.

!!!

Get an education.

Since: Aug 08

United States

#59 Oct 10, 2008
The Army funded & orgainized the work by Iowa & Pennsylvania Universities for computer development during WWII. So the federal gov't had something to do with computer development.

Most people think the U.S. gov't got us to the moon. However, NASA only funded & organized private companies that built the gear to get us to the moon.

“Love of $ is the Root of Evil”

Since: Sep 08

Gotham City

#60 Oct 10, 2008
^^^

Very true...
Government spending and funding of "pet-projects" is what pushes forth innovation in the USA.

For the past 30 years, we have had the technology to take us into the new millennium... The CIA is keeping it secret from the population. They then sell these secrets to companies that they deem deserve to reap the profits from them.

The gas free car is already reality.

They are just making too much profit from charging you at the pump to allow it to be mass-produced...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belmont University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alberto R. Gonzales: Trump has a right to ask i... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Rev Don Wildmoan 24
News Pound it out (Apr '15) Apr '15 ZUGZWANG 1
News Music industry's impact on Nashville is to tune... (Jul '13) Jul '13 steamdry 3
News New Ollie's discount store opens in Morristown (Jun '13) Jun '13 curious 11
News Tennessee's Episcopal Bishop blesses historic b... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Listen to the Word 1
News 'Les Miserables' comes to Belmont, Cumberland C... (Mar '13) Apr '13 wltg 5
News American Idol Continues Cuts (Mar '13) Mar '13 Amen 17
More from around the web