Scientology grows with new center

Mar 22, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Daily News Journal

The Church of Scientology is expanding in Nashville, opening what the religion calls a "celebrity centre" at the historic Fall School Business Center on 8th Avenue South and Chestnut Street.

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Mar 30, 2009
KevinSal

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

"millions of member"

Better do some re-calculations!

“Proud SP since 2003”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

KevinSal wrote:
"millions of member"
Better do some re-calculations!
LOL! Claims $cientology!!

Ya big dope.
KevinSal

Union, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

Judged:

This was written by the Daily News Journal.

And once I post the big announcement from the LRH birthday event, there will be over a million Scientologists all from one country!! Hint hint!

I know you all cant wait!

“Proud SP since 2003”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

KevinSal wrote:
This was written by the Daily News Journal.
And once I post the big announcement from the LRH birthday event, there will be over a million Scientologists all from one country!! Hint hint!
I know you all cant wait!
Post it now Kev. Come on post it, or are you still photo shopping?

You couldn't even get a measely 14,000 at this event:

http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/washi...

Is it common for $cientologists to be headless? LOL!(Mindless yes, but headless?)

“Proud SP since 2003”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

Here's a better view Kev!

http://www.lermanet.com/PhotoLIES.htm
KevinSal

Union, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

Judged:

You cant wait huh?

Why don't you tell your "handlers" of the forum to stop deleting good news from the site? lol

“Proud SP since 2003”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

KevinSal wrote:
You cant wait huh?
Why don't you tell your "handlers" of the forum to stop deleting good news from the site? lol
You got it? Post it. What's the hold up? Again, not done photo-shopping?

You are, in a word, HILARIOUS.

“Slick | Just Bill”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

A little clue from reality for you Kevin: Press releases are NOT NEWS.

More: Press releases from the Church of Scientology are NOT TRUE.

End of clue.
pac

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

There are several things about this situation that are odd.

One is that the article says cos has been here in Nashville since the 80's and cos says there's a couple hundred members here. cos has had a presence here for over 20 years and yet there's just a couple hundred members? Doesn't sound like a lot of growth to me. That's what - 10 or 15 members a year? Pretty poor showing...

Also because there were so few members here they couldn't raise the funds for the new building, so they had fund drives from all over the country. There's a thread on wwp showing a letter from a 13 year old girl in CA who talks about her family donating money to put up the Nashville org, and she also says how she sold her toys to help fund it.

Not much growth when children have to sell their toys in another state to support a new church here...

A large building does not mean large amounts of members here. I've never seen more than half a dozen people in the current cc building. All this means is cos has money to burn to buy buildings because of what they charge for their "services", and by having their children sell their toys.

“Proud SP since 2003”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

pac wrote:
There are several things about this situation that are odd.
One is that the article says cos has been here in Nashville since the 80's and cos says there's a couple hundred members here. cos has had a presence here for over 20 years and yet there's just a couple hundred members? Doesn't sound like a lot of growth to me. That's what - 10 or 15 members a year? Pretty poor showing...
Also because there were so few members here they couldn't raise the funds for the new building, so they had fund drives from all over the country. There's a thread on wwp showing a letter from a 13 year old girl in CA who talks about her family donating money to put up the Nashville org, and she also says how she sold her toys to help fund it.
Not much growth when children have to sell their toys in another state to support a new church here...
A large building does not mean large amounts of members here. I've never seen more than half a dozen people in the current cc building. All this means is cos has money to burn to buy buildings because of what they charge for their "services", and by having their children sell their toys.
Interesting observations. As one who lives there you can see first hand that Co$ claims of "expanding" are absurd. They can't even fill the buildings they have.
Anonymous

Waterloo, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

Anonymous is Legion!!!1!

“Slick | Just Bill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

Real businesses grow by expanding customers and expanding sales -- and from those expanded sales and profits, expand their infrastructure when they outgrow it.

The Church of Scientology is all about facade. They "grow" by increasing their facade, not membership, not sales, just how they look to the outside world. Big empty buildings are "growth". Yeah, sure.
Old Mother Hubbard

Homeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

I only wish Lafayette could have lived to see this.
Unanimous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

Judged:

Interesting. So why concern yourself at all, when you don't see things to object to? For example, the millions of scientologists. No one is rubbing your nose in it, obviously, since you can't even find one. So what difference could it possibly make to you how many the Church claims? What prompts the ongoing, potty mouthed, reactionary double babble?

“Slick | Just Bill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

@Unanimous

I have your solution. Don't read the SCIENTOLOGY forum and you won't be disturbed by the conversations here. Go away. Stay away.

Since: Jan 07

Jellystone Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

Unanimous wrote:
the millions of scientologists.
millions?

only scientologists believe there are more than a few thousand

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Belmont University Discussions

Search the Belmont University Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Music industry's impact on Nashville is to tune... (Jul '13) Jul '13 steamdry 3
New Ollie's discount store opens in Morristown (Jun '13) Jun '13 curious 11
Tennessee's Episcopal Bishop blesses historic b... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Listen to the Word 1
'Les Miserables' comes to Belmont, Cumberland C... (Mar '13) Apr '13 wltg 5
American Idol Continues Cuts (Mar '13) Mar '13 Amen 17
law (Jan '13) Jan '13 Richard Stripling 1
Miss Black Tennessee USA Natalie Newbill encour... (Mar '12) Mar '12 blakes mom 1
•••
•••