Debate stakes higher for McCain as in...

Debate stakes higher for McCain as insults mount

There are 1 comment on the The Times story from Oct 6, 2008, titled Debate stakes higher for McCain as insults mount. In it, The Times reports that:

Running short on time, John McCain has the most riding on the second presidential debate, though Barack Obama will be out of his scripted comfort zone in the town hall-style confrontation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times.

“All Politics, All the Time”

Since: Aug 08

Spartanburg, SC

#2 Oct 6, 2008
A McCain staffer was quoted today as saying that if they had to address the economy, McCain would lose (so presumably, they are opting for Rovian dirty poltics instead).
Oh YEH...that's someone I want as President; a person who can't address the most important issue facing the American people (economic crisis)
because he sees it as a losing proposition? The only people "losing" are the American citizens and McCain can't lead us out of it. He can't even talk about it. Has no clue how to address it. McCain is more interested in McCain, and winning, than he is any suffering of Americans.
Poor McCain, his lies have gotten so deep, he needs a pitchfork to dig through all his BS. It must really suck to know you have no hope of winning unless you lie, cheat, avoid the issues in favor of mud-slinging when Americans are hurting so badly and want answers, and keep reverting to the old Rovian fear tactics to keep the uneducated sufficiently frightened of imaginary spectres so they will vote for you, all the way catering to a religious right that you don't ever intend to humor by entertaining their demands.
I guess when you're as ancient as he is, and has no hope of ever running again after this if he loses, you would do absolutely anything to win, no matter the cost....country and People be damned.
It's not about Right and Left. It's about Right and Wrong...and McCain is so very wrong for this country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belmont University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alberto R. Gonzales: Trump has a right to ask i... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Rev Don Wildmoan 24
News Pound it out (Apr '15) Apr '15 ZUGZWANG 1
News Music industry's impact on Nashville is to tune... (Jul '13) Jul '13 steamdry 3
News New Ollie's discount store opens in Morristown (Jun '13) Jun '13 curious 11
News Tennessee's Episcopal Bishop blesses historic b... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Listen to the Word 1
News 'Les Miserables' comes to Belmont, Cumberland C... (Mar '13) Apr '13 wltg 5
News American Idol Continues Cuts (Mar '13) Mar '13 Amen 17
More from around the web