NBC's Brokaw Asks No Questions on Ira...

NBC's Brokaw Asks No Questions on Iraq, Immigration, Abortion or Same-Sex Marriage

There are 5 comments on the www.CNSNews.com story from Oct 8, 2008, titled NBC's Brokaw Asks No Questions on Iraq, Immigration, Abortion or Same-Sex Marriage. In it, www.CNSNews.com reports that:

Neither Tom Brokaw of NBC News, who moderated Tuesday night's presidential debate, nor any of the "townhall" audience members Brokaw pre-selected to ask questions of the two presidential candidates asked a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.CNSNews.com.

Since: Oct 07

United States

#1 Oct 8, 2008
"The pretext of the debate was that the questions would come from a “townhall” audience and from Americans all across the nation sending in questions via the Internet. All issues would be inbounds."

It was a "phony debate"! One station even talked about how the questions are screened, microphones are cut off after the "Prescripted Questions" are ask. No follow up questions are allowed. The audience is carefully selected & placed. Can we say dog & pony show? SCAM/ Sham?

United States

#2 Oct 8, 2008
Agent of Chaos posted this information in another forum.

The Commission on Presidential Debates, although it claims to be a nonpartisan organization, was created by the Republican and Democratic parties for the Republican and Democratic parties. By design, it was established to submit and conceal the wishes and demands of the Democratic/Republican nominees.
The Commission on Presidential Debates, whose name sounds like a government commission, it sounds like a lovely agency that was commissioned or chartered by Congress.
The Commission is in fact a private corporation, founded by the chairmen of the Republican and Democratic national parties.

Memoranda of Understanding is a binding contract that both the Republican and Democratic parties agree to that
dictates who will participate, who will ask the questions, the heights of the podiums, every detail conceivable.

It's a glorified bipartisan press conference. They get a question from a moderator that they selected and they can predict… they've memorized the response to. They issue a memorized sound bite which fits a very nice perfect 90-second response slot that has been stipulated in the contract.

Their opponent cannot challenge their answer because they're prohibited by the contract. The moderator can't challenge their answer because they can't ask follow-up questions.

Something else the public doesn't know: the secret contracts gave the Republican and Democratic candidates veto power over other participants.

But questions concerning debate format and debate schedule are ultimately resolved behind closed doors between negotiators for the Republican and Democratic nominees.
Because if the candidates were forced to be confrontational, if the candidates were forced to engage in spontaneous discourse, if the candidates were forced to confront issues they were uncomfortable with, they might make a mistake.

The audience participants are bound by the following rule. They shall not ask follow-up questions or otherwise participate in the extended discussion. And the questioner's microphone will be turned off after he or she completes asking the question.

The audience members are just there as props.
The candidates are increasingly controlling whatever they can control to avoid mistakes

United States

#3 Oct 8, 2008
I watched the "debate" prior to this one, after reading what Agent of Chaos wrote. Sure enough, the moderator said something like, "We will go to our next question."

Guess what, McCain TURNED THE PAGES IN FRONT OF HIM--- BEFORE the next question was asked.

He then proceeded to answer that question, and at least to me, it looked like he was READING his answer from the page in front of him.

Did anyone else notice that?
Speeders are Murderers

United States

#4 Oct 8, 2008
I'm sure both obama and mccancer agreed to the "no questions on immigration" rule since they both are for the illegal invasion while 90% of americans oppose it.

United States

#5 Oct 8, 2008
Speeders are Murderers wrote:
I'm sure both obama and mccancer agreed to the "no questions on immigration" rule since they both are for the illegal invasion while 90% of americans oppose it.
Speeders are Murderers, I am sure you are correct.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belmont University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alberto R. Gonzales: Trump has a right to ask i... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Rev Don Wildmoan 24
News Pound it out (Apr '15) Apr '15 ZUGZWANG 1
News Music industry's impact on Nashville is to tune... (Jul '13) Jul '13 steamdry 3
News New Ollie's discount store opens in Morristown (Jun '13) Jun '13 curious 11
News Tennessee's Episcopal Bishop blesses historic b... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Listen to the Word 1
News 'Les Miserables' comes to Belmont, Cumberland C... (Mar '13) Apr '13 wltg 5
News American Idol Continues Cuts (Mar '13) Mar '13 Amen 17
More from around the web