Evangelicals Becoming More Accepting of LGBTs, Study Finds

Aug 25, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

Evangelical Christians are becoming more tolerant of gays and lesbians and supportive of civil unions, according to a new study by Baylor University.

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Sep 30, 2013
Rainbow to the Angels

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 26, 2013
 
If you are here to ask for forgiveness from the Gay Lesbian Community; we are here to bless you my homophobic child

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 26, 2013
 
Rainbow to the Angels wrote:
If you are here to ask for forgiveness from the Gay Lesbian Community; we are here to bless you my homophobic child
Putting lipstick on a pig doesn't change the character of the pig.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 26, 2013
 
I do see a glimmer of hope though. I think some of these churches who are thinking of kicking out scout troops are going to have to take a deep look inside and decide if they want to follow what is going on now in Russia.

And it is a big step forward that they are now seeing this as a civil issue and are moving toward understanding that makes this a civil rights issue.

When it comes to what a Church does internally that is none of my business really. But when those beliefs are used to deny anyone their rights benefits and protections under the law that is religious discrimination, and is wrong.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 26, 2013
 
I can understand the push for religious exemptions. These people are afraid they are being stripped of their religious freedoms. We MUST insure they see that we will always protect their 1st Amendment rights within their own houses of worship.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 26, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

DNF wrote:
I can understand the push for religious exemptions. These people are afraid they are being stripped of their religious freedoms. We MUST insure they see that we will always protect their 1st Amendment rights within their own houses of worship.
The problem remains that many want to extend their "religious freedoms" into the public square, and discriminate in public accommodations and businesses based on those beliefs. They wish to return us to a time when segregation and apartheid were legal.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 26, 2013
 
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem remains that many want to extend their "religious freedoms" into the public square, and discriminate in public accommodations and businesses based on those beliefs. They wish to return us to a time when segregation and apartheid were legal.
And that can NOT be allowed.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 26, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>And that can NOT be allowed.
Agreed.

They can still discriminate in any way they choose in their homes, churches, and private clubs. Just not in the public square. Don't choose to operate a public business if you aren't prepared to deal with the public.
Chance

Grove City, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Black market rising. Watch for underground word-of-mouth, personal referral businesses to grow. Oh wait, you won't be able to watch them. They'll be underground. They won't have the government breathing down their necks, and they won't pay taxes.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Chance wrote:
Black market rising. Watch for underground word-of-mouth, personal referral businesses to grow. Oh wait, you won't be able to watch them. They'll be underground. They won't have the government breathing down their necks, and they won't pay taxes.
People will form illegal businesses just because they don't want to take money from their gay neighbors?

That seems pretty silly.

They won't be Christian, though, since not paying the required taxes goes directly against Jesus' teachings. They would be unrepentant sinners - the very thing they accuse gay people of being.

I suppose it's would be kind of funny. You know, like the people who proclaim "I'm for God and Guns" in the same sentence.

Goldstone Report

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 30, 2013
 
Lipstick on Bill Rafogel Kristol , Bill Gertz Rapfogel , Tony Weiner Embriano , Jon Pollard , Jon Pollard Becht , Peter Becht , Ogjava Becht , Aldrich Ames Becht , Peter Madoff Becht and the AIPAC fifth column , does not excuse the zio-imperialist treason that took over the Fusion Center wolfpacks.........see BY WAY OF DECEPTION , Operation Greylord and ATTACK OF THE ZIO-THEOCRATS.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 30, 2013
 
Is 'Goldstone Report' speaking in tongues?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••