Texas Bill Would Protect College Prof...

Texas Bill Would Protect College Professors Who Question Evolution

There are 3 comments on the Freerepublic.com story from Mar 20, 2011, titled Texas Bill Would Protect College Professors Who Question Evolution. In it, Freerepublic.com reports that:

A new Texas bill would make it illegal for colleges to fire or refuse jobs to professors based on their research on intelligent design or other theories on the origin of life that question evolution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Freerepublic.com.

“I am evolving as fast as I can”

Since: Jan 08

Brooklyn, in Dayton OH now

#1 Mar 21, 2011
So much for education in Texas.

In all honesty, there are already academic freedom laws in Texas that would protect anyone who brings in valid science that is in conflict with an established theory. The problem with this law is it allows anyone to bring in anything they wish regardless of source.

I figure what;s next is protection for students who refuse to answer evolution questions on tests because of their religion. What they should get is an 'F', but I guess not in Texas.

This 'law' is not only unnecessary, but damages education.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#2 Mar 21, 2011
TedHOhio wrote:
So much for education in Texas.
In all honesty, there are already academic freedom laws in Texas that would protect anyone who brings in valid science that is in conflict with an established theory. The problem with this law is it allows anyone to bring in anything they wish regardless of source.
I figure what;s next is protection for students who refuse to answer evolution questions on tests because of their religion. What they should get is an 'F', but I guess not in Texas.
This 'law' is not only unnecessary, but damages education.
Texas/Texans are utterly determined to live up to the stereotype

“I am evolving as fast as I can”

Since: Jan 08

Brooklyn, in Dayton OH now

#3 Mar 21, 2011
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Texas/Texans are utterly determined to live up to the stereotype
More's the pity. I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel when they finally booted Don McLeroy off the State School Board. Oh well!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baylor University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News a Why white women shouldna t date black mena fl... Nov '16 madoff syndrome 3
News More (May '16) May '16 Reagan spirit 1
News Westboro Baptist Church heading to West for fir... (Apr '13) Mar '16 RePUBLIC 40
News Waco-area news briefs: Feb. 28, 2016 (Feb '16) Feb '16 Breaking fart wind 1
News Lillian Brodnax Wallace (Oct '15) Oct '15 Agreed farts 7
News 'Homosexual acts' no longer taboo at Baylor? (Jul '15) Aug '15 DoesntMaTTeRdoeBAE 13
News Dallas Episcopal Bishop Says No Gay Weddings He... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Buford 41
More from around the web