Debunking parents' stubborn fear of vaccines

Sep 4, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

My introduction to anti-vaccine thinking came six years ago during a natural birth class.

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Sep 5, 2013
ITS WARRANTED

Winnipeg, Canada

#1 Sep 4, 2013
Why is there a National vaccine injury compensation program if there are no issues? Why do many countries have them? Think about it then do some research on vaccine ingredients and their side effects. The FDA. CDC, IOM have claimed no connection to autism then compensate them. Its a con.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#2 Sep 4, 2013
Since everything carries risk, of course there's National vaccine injury compensation program just as there is car insurance and mal practice insurance.
The main part of the article was Thimerosal and how parents were still unaware it hasn't been in vaccines about 10 years.
And debunked. As of today all the science available shows vaccines do not cause autism. Just another anti vaxxer spreading more fear factor. Autism of course pre dates vaccines.
Vaccines Maim Kill

Winnipeg, Canada

#4 Sep 4, 2013
friend wrote:
Since everything carries risk, of course there's National vaccine injury compensation program just as there is car insurance and mal practice insurance.
The main part of the article was Thimerosal and how parents were still unaware it hasn't been in vaccines about 10 years.
And debunked. As of today all the science available shows vaccines do not cause autism. Just another anti vaxxer spreading more fear factor. Autism of course pre dates vaccines.
What a gigantic lie. Every word of it.

Location hidden

#5 Sep 5, 2013
July, 1999: Public-health officials announce that thimerosal will be phased out of vaccines.

November, 2002: The FDA has estimated this as the final expiration date for thimerosal-containing HepB, Hib, and DTaP vaccines.

'Continuing increases in autism reported to California's developmental services system: mercury in retrograde.'
The data do not show any recent decrease in autism in California despite the exclusion of more than trace levels of thimerosal from nearly all childhood vaccines.

Location hidden

#7 Sep 5, 2013
Try taking a science class, being it's 2013, it's never too late. Until you do, at least you're in the right place so prepare to be debunked. Ready??

Thimerosal and aluminum serve two different purposes. One is a preservative, the other is an adjuvant. One could not have nor did replace the other. One was in vaccines years prior to the other. Both aren't or never were in all vaccines and I bet you don't even know which ones they are. Some vaccine makers never even used Thimerosal in their vaccines, but then you'd have to had researched to realize this and anti vaxxers deny that as they do everything else.
Let me just debunk this for you while I'm at it. Thimerosal nor aluminum were ever in the MMR.
Exposure to aluminum is daily, it happens to be the most abundant substance of the crust of the earth. Give that some thought the next time you dig in the dirt. But that aluminum isn't the same as what is in vaccines. You need that science class to figure that out.

Not one case has been compensated for autism in vaccine court. You can repeat it all you want, but you cannot change the facts. What has been compensated in vaccine court is the same side effects that one can get had they contracted the actual virus. Maybe a biology class is in order as well.

Location hidden

#9 Sep 5, 2013
Yes you did, and as much as you deny, you simply cannot change the facts. But like I said, everyone already knew anti vaxxers would deny the facts! Thanks for the example!

Location hidden

#11 Sep 5, 2013
You wrote it, not me. Maybe you need to comprehend what you wrote. Who cares anyway. You gave a great example of the misinfo anti vaxxers spread. Thanks for stepping up to the plate like that! Consider yourself debunked.
Ray

Brossard, Canada

#12 Sep 5, 2013
friend wrote:
vaccines are causing all sort of diseases including autism. just read about how many parents lost their kid to vaccines after vaccination. and that wasnt month prior to or after vaccination, it is more like days AFTER VACCINATION. inform yourselves. these bozos have as objectif to describe vaccines as harmless so they can keep selling and profiting.

Location hidden

#13 Sep 5, 2013
For one, you have no evidence of any of that. Two, scare tactics and three if vaccine makers were so into profit there wouldn't be vaccine choice. Hello.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baylor College of Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jen Arnold, of TLC's 'Little Couple,' discusses... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Sharon Cooper 1
There's no evidence to support parental fears a... (Nov '13) Nov '13 MORE VACCINE VICTIMS 27
Autism: Grant Aims to Accelerate Development of... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Vaccine injury 1
China reports more bird flu cases (Apr '13) Apr '13 2faces 1
Birth control pill for men being tested in mice (Feb '13) Feb '13 hypedude 1
Rat models on the rise in autism research (Nov '11) Dec '11 A W was right 4
Van Andel Institute researchers join fight agai... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Morgan 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Baylor College of Medicine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••