Palestinians learn about the Holocaus...

Palestinians learn about the Holocaust in Israel

There are 10 comments on the Reading Eagle/Reading Times story from Aug 19, 2010, titled Palestinians learn about the Holocaust in Israel. In it, Reading Eagle/Reading Times reports that:

Growing up in the West Bank, Mujahid Sarsur knew next to nothing about the Holocaust and saw little ground to sympathize with a people he saw as his occupier.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reading Eagle/Reading Times.

Dave

Lehigh Acres, FL

#1 Aug 19, 2010
education is always a good place to start. perhaps it would be good for a next step to start an outreach on population demographics to show the palestinians that some of their ancestors migrated to the area that is now israel for jobs in the late 19th and early 20th century from syria, lebanon, jordan, and egypt, and most of the rest came in the late 1930's into the runup to the war of independence as brittain and the surrounding arab states tried in vain to prevent the re-emergence of a jewish state.
at least the 20 muslims who came to yad vashem now know something about the truth.
P Smith

Taiwan

#2 Aug 19, 2010
It's too bad Israeli kids aren't told about the Nakba holocaust, the one perpetrated by jews against Palestinians.

Unfortunately, school books in Israel are full of whitewashes of history, holocaust denial that claims the Palestinians villages were never there, rather than admitting that innocent civilians murdered en masse by Israeli terrorists making "lebensraum" for jews.

.
fenster

Windsor, CT

#3 Aug 19, 2010
P Smith wrote:
It's too bad Israeli kids aren't told about the Nakba holocaust, the one perpetrated by jews against Palestinians.
Unfortunately, school books in Israel are full of whitewashes of history, holocaust denial that claims the Palestinians villages were never there, rather than admitting that innocent civilians murdered en masse by Israeli terrorists making "lebensraum" for jews.
.
didn't you know that war is good for business? the arms makers whistle all the way to the bank, eh?
Dave

Lehigh Acres, FL

#4 Aug 19, 2010
if palestinians were to try to compare their situation with the hundreds of years that jews were forced to live in ghettos, this would not be accurate, but would at least be closer to it than their cry that they are the victims of a holocaust. every time they say that, it just makes them look stupid.
if you are a muslim who thinks that the situation of the palestinians has anything in common with the holocaust, you're an idiot.

“Proud Southerner”

Since: May 07

Israel, betach b'HaShem!

#5 Aug 19, 2010
P Smith wrote:
It's too bad Israeli kids aren't told about the Nakba holocaust, the one perpetrated by jews against Palestinians.
Unfortunately, school books in Israel are full of whitewashes of history, holocaust denial that claims the Palestinians villages were never there, rather than admitting that innocent civilians murdered en masse by Israeli terrorists making "lebensraum" for jews.
.
The Israeli schools teach history as it is, not twisting it like the Hamas does in Gaza.

How will you know what Israeli schools teach anyway?

“Pardon my nosiness ”

Since: May 07

London, England

#7 Aug 20, 2010
Lipush wrote:
<quoted text>
The Israeli schools teach history as it is, not twisting it like the Hamas does in Gaza.
How will you know what Israeli schools teach anyway?
Israeli school textbooks as well as children’s storybooks, according to recent academic studies and surveys, portray Palestinians and Arabs as “murderers,”“rioters,”“suspici ous,” and generally backward and unproductive. Direct delegitimization and negative stereotyping of Palestinians and Arabs are the rule rather than the exception in Israeli schoolbooks.

http://www.wrmea.com/backissues/0999/9909019....

Is this story of Jewish hatred against Arab children typical in Israel?

Israel’s school apartheid highlighted by court case - Arab family sue Jewish mum over ‘racist incitement’

http://atlanticfreepress.com/news/1/11012-isr...
fenster

Windsor, CT

#8 Aug 21, 2010
reza june wrote:
<quoted text>
Israeli school textbooks as well as children’s storybooks, according to recent academic studies and surveys, portray Palestinians and Arabs as “murderers,”“rioters,”“suspici ous,” and generally backward and unproductive. Direct delegitimization and negative stereotyping of Palestinians and Arabs are the rule rather than the exception in Israeli schoolbooks.
http://www.wrmea.com/backissues/0999/9909019....
Is this story of Jewish hatred against Arab children typical in Israel?
Israel’s school apartheid highlighted by court case - Arab family sue Jewish mum over ‘racist incitement’
http://atlanticfreepress.com/news/1/11012-isr...
the problem is that the jews and the arabs are closely related, so, that makes the interfamilial hatred the worst kind. think of it as a vicious civil war, with no end

“Proud Southerner”

Since: May 07

Israel, betach b'HaShem!

#9 Aug 21, 2010
reza june wrote:
<quoted text>
Israeli school textbooks as well as children’s storybooks, according to recent academic studies and surveys, portray Palestinians and Arabs as “murderers,”“rioters,”“suspici ous,” and generally backward and unproductive. Direct delegitimization and negative stereotyping of Palestinians and Arabs are the rule rather than the exception in Israeli schoolbooks.
http://www.wrmea.com/backissues/0999/9909019....
Is this story of Jewish hatred against Arab children typical in Israel?
Israel’s school apartheid highlighted by court case - Arab family sue Jewish mum over ‘racist incitement’
http://atlanticfreepress.com/news/1/11012-isr...
You can say whatever you want, my class learned about the Nakba in 12th gread, it's in the program study.

Haven't changed since

“Pardon my nosiness ”

Since: May 07

London, England

#10 Aug 21, 2010
fenster wrote:
<quoted text>the problem is that the jews and the arabs are closely related, so, that makes the interfamilial hatred the worst kind. think of it as a vicious civil war, with no end
You could be right, fenster.
Even the religions are similarly related with more of a connection than Jews and Christians.
Both have almost the same dietary laws, the Shariah laws are really the Talmud plagiarised, and both are monotheistic with Islam borrowing heavily from the Ancient Bible and NT minus the Trinity.
belzecfuncenter

Zanesville, OH

#11 Aug 23, 2010
why not teach them about the pack of nkvd jews who wiped out 2 million farmers in ukraine

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bard College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Troy Simon's journey from tap dancing on Bourbo... May '16 kelly dj 1
News Outgoing Pittsfield city councilor's 12-year ru... (Dec '15) Apr '16 Mike B 14
News Godzilla in the mirror (Sep '10) Nov '15 JUSTIN TRUDEAU ERA 3
News Dr. John H. Antosh, German professor at Fredonia (Apr '12) Feb '14 Anonymous 4
News Administrator looking forward to new challenge ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Old man- Bville 1
News Giffords, husband address graduates at Bard (May '13) May '13 serfs up 5
News Chinua Achebe, who wrote of Nigeria's ills, dies (Mar '13) Mar '13 Madangyison 1
More from around the web