Should police carry firearms on campu...

Should police carry firearms on campuses?

There are 5 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Feb 11, 2012, titled Should police carry firearms on campuses?. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

So, should campus police officers be armed? This very legitimate public policy controversy is playing out not only on the Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts campus but nationwide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

Dave Doughty

Bellingham, WA

#1 Feb 14, 2012
If the Police Officers are properly trained and supervised, then of course they should be armed. Police weapons are tools of the trade, identified as 'tools' because history has shown they are needed to properly perform the tasks - especially including the ability to protect their community and themselves. A campus community should not be less protected than its surrounding municipality.

Since: Aug 11

North Adams, MA

#2 Feb 14, 2012

Chicopee, MA

#3 Feb 15, 2012
they already do carry fire arms at WNEC SPFLD COLLEGE and others.. you are a day late and a dollar short as always!Does anyone know anyone in other local governments besides northadams seems the city needs to be more in touch with the outside world..just sayin

North Adams, MA

#4 Feb 15, 2012
They Should Be carrying firearms! Check out the Beacon before you make your mind! They just recently have several break-ins in the town house area!Read the article and then make up you mind!
Campus police chief

Wilburton, OK

#6 Feb 20, 2012
As long as the officer is certified in the state in which they work I would say a profound YES! Active shooters are a real threat now days and you want immediate response to engage these people.
I want my college children faculty and staff as well protected as possible, why would anyone want anything else?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bard College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Godzilla in the mirror (Sep '10) Nov 19 NSAISWATCHING 2
News Dr. John H. Antosh, German professor at Fredonia (Apr '12) Feb '14 Anonymous 4
News Administrator looking forward to new challenge ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Old man- Bville 1
News Giffords, husband address graduates at Bard (May '13) May '13 serfs up 5
News Chinua Achebe, who wrote of Nigeria's ills, dies (Mar '13) Mar '13 Madangyison 1
News VARGA Gallery Presents "Mikey Teutul: Unleashed... (Nov '11) Dec '11 ateddybearj 7
News Mia Farrow and Woody Allen's prodigy son Ronan ... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Ron 1
More from around the web