Teacher arranges fake trip to Europe, takes students' money

Full story: C & G Newspapers

A history and geography teacher who promised to show his students the world ended up giving them the run-around. The teacher, an adjunct faculty member at Baker College of Clinton Township, collected money from at least 12 people in exchange for the promise of a trip to Europe that never departed, police said.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Sep 3, 2009
Angelique

Roseville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2009

I have been a student at Baker College for a few years, and have a statement concerning this fake European trip. The trip was well-spoken about around Baker College, however; I am concerned that Baker had hired Mr. Boury in the first place. The article clearly states that he was on probation for passing bad checks...the hiring faculty surely knew of this and never disallowed this teacher from promoting this trip???? While they are not responsible for Mr. Boury's thievery, they hired him, and students trust the hiring staff...therefore, why not question why Mr. Boury was hired at Baker in the first place, and why no one was alarmed about this well-publicized trip being sponsored by a convicted thief???????
No More

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2009

Must be why someone already filed suit against the teacher and included Baker as one of the other three defendants.
Angelique

Roseville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2009

No More wrote:
Must be why someone already filed suit against the teacher and included Baker as one of the other three defendants.
Yeah, I saw that when I pulled up the case through Macomb County Court Records. I intend to go to the hearings, because alot of those people were in class with me and deserve support. I know the person who filed the complaint too, and he has all my best wishes, and I am also glad he included other Baker staff.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Baker College Discussions

Search the Baker College Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Baker College Scholarships! (Jul '11) Jul '11 Melissa Pitchford 1
Baker College of Muskegon graduation ceremony J... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Darren 1
Guest column: Jackson Legacy scholarship can ch... (May '10) May '10 Helo 1
Film Studio Planned For Macomb County (Jan '10) Jan '10 Frank Germaine 1
Celebrating the tax man (Dec '08) Dec '08 minority power 1
As more homeschool, state could track kids (Sep '08) Sep '08 The People 4
•••
•••