Alabama legislator seeks to block sam...

Alabama legislator seeks to block same-sex benefits

There are 93 comments on the www.newsday.com story from Nov 14, 2009, titled Alabama legislator seeks to block same-sex benefits. In it, www.newsday.com reports that:

Alabama legislator is picking up support for his bill to stop the state's public universities from offering employee benefits to same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.newsday.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Curteese

Long Beach, CA

#128 Nov 16, 2009
Dave wrote:
Please! Not all the states will EVER pass smae sex marriage. The PEOPLE of California, yes California turned it down so I think we are good here in the SOUTH! As for the supremecourt forcing things on me I doubt it. I can still believe the way I choose to. By the way I was busy working in the middle east. Not that I would have voted for the local election anyway, I said earlier that I don't care if you mary someone who is green or purple. I don't care. I will never live any where than the good ole US of A. So don't get your hopes up. Have a wonderful rest of the night. It was great to talk with you. However misled you may be.
OK, we GET it, you were in the service. Thank you very much. Now stop crowing about it. Good deeds lose power if you bring them up to others.

“TMA&CRR One Love One Marriage ”

Since: Sep 09

port orange

#129 Nov 16, 2009
Dave wrote:
The difference between most hetro people and most gay people is that we (HETRO) don't try to FORCE our lifestyle on you. I really don't give a SH*T if you are a pillow biter or not! DO NOT TRY TO FORCE ME TO AGREE WITH YOUR CHOICE! I have lived in MANY states and there are good and bad people in each. I have GAY friends too the difference between them and you pepole is they live their lives and don't care what other people think of them! Have a great day!
how is wanting to marry forcing anything on you?

“TMA&CRR One Love One Marriage ”

Since: Sep 09

port orange

#130 Nov 16, 2009
Dave wrote:
Seeing as how I was deployed to the middle east in 2000 protecting your rights, I didn't get to vote. Oh congratulations on your state's economy. You guys sure know how to give a shining example of responsibility. What is the median home price in Detroit now around 7500. EXCELLENT! HA HA!
Oh yeah back to your question...I would have voted to repeal the ban. As I have continually said I DON'T CARE WHO YOU LOVE. They can be green or purple for all I care. I don't agree with being a homosexual. I live in a state that agrees with me. Thank you Alabama! If the state changes it's laws to those that I don't think my tax dollars should support, then I am free to choose another state to live in and I will do so!
being gay isn't something you can agree or disagree with because its something that people are born with...thats like saying i don't agree with people being black....

“TMA&CRR One Love One Marriage ”

Since: Sep 09

port orange

#131 Nov 16, 2009
Dave wrote:
Please! Not all the states will EVER pass smae sex marriage. The PEOPLE of California, yes California turned it down so I think we are good here in the SOUTH! As for the supremecourt forcing things on me I doubt it. I can still believe the way I choose to. By the way I was busy working in the middle east. Not that I would have voted for the local election anyway, I said earlier that I don't care if you mary someone who is green or purple. I don't care. I will never live any where than the good ole US of A. So don't get your hopes up. Have a wonderful rest of the night. It was great to talk with you. However misled you may be.
for someone whom was or is idk in the military you are really unamerican i find it sad:(

for someone whom was or is idk in the military you are really unamerican i find it sad:(
Rose

Panorama City, CA

#132 Nov 16, 2009
Wildfire wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is the same: There is no need for a “Hate Crime Law”, PERIOD.
Simply treat EACH CRIME as a CRIME by HONEST “Blind Justice”.
Each crime? Treat rape the same as petty theft?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#133 Nov 16, 2009
That's okay, I don't give a crap about what you think either; I certainly don't care how you feel about me or any other gays.

And I have had hetero paradigms crammed down my throat all my life. You don't notice them because they fit in with your particular orientation. Gays, on the other hand, recognize that a lot of the things you take for granted aren't relevant to them.

Being gay is not a choice. No matter how often you say it, it won't change.
Dave wrote:
The difference between most hetro people and most gay people is that we (HETRO) don't try to FORCE our lifestyle on you. I really don't give a SH*T if you are a pillow biter or not! DO NOT TRY TO FORCE ME TO AGREE WITH YOUR CHOICE! I have lived in MANY states and there are good and bad people in each. I have GAY friends too the difference between them and you pepole is they live their lives and don't care what other people think of them! Have a great day!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#134 Nov 16, 2009
I hate to burst your bubble, but we weren't fighting anyone in 2000 that was in any way a threat to this country or our freedom.
Dave wrote:
Seeing as how I was deployed to the middle east in 2000 protecting your rights, I didn't get to vote. Oh congratulations on your state's economy. You guys sure know how to give a shining example of responsibility. What is the median home price in Detroit now around 7500. EXCELLENT! HA HA!
Oh yeah back to your question...I would have voted to repeal the ban. As I have continually said I DON'T CARE WHO YOU LOVE. They can be green or purple for all I care. I don't agree with being a homosexual. I live in a state that agrees with me. Thank you Alabama! If the state changes it's laws to those that I don't think my tax dollars should support, then I am free to choose another state to live in and I will do so!
Dave

Madison, AL

#135 Nov 17, 2009
Cpeter for some one who has such a high IQ you sure don't know much about protecting our freedom do you. when was the USS Cole bombed again.

Being Gay is a choice period. I don't care what you have to tell yourself to make you feel better. I guess the criminals don't have a choice when they rob, rape or steal. good arguement.

Have a great day hope you don't catch AIDS that would be a shame :)
Wildfire

Marana, AZ

#136 Nov 17, 2009
Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Each crime? Treat rape the same as petty theft?
No Rose, I said: "Blind JUSTICE", not "blind stupidity".

Each crime should be treated like it was a crime against a HUMAN BEING; gay, straight, black, white, brown shouldn’t matter.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#137 Nov 17, 2009
Dave wrote:
Cpeter for some one who has such a high IQ you sure don't know much about protecting our freedom do you. when was the USS Cole bombed again.
Being Gay is a choice period. I don't care what you have to tell yourself to make you feel better. I guess the criminals don't have a choice when they rob, rape or steal. good arguement.
Have a great day hope you don't catch AIDS that would be a shame :)
Lets not do the slippery slope argument of rob, rape, steal, bs.

“STFU”

Since: May 07

Atlanta, GA

#138 Nov 17, 2009
Dave wrote:
Being Gay is a choice period.
Have a great day hope you don't catch AIDS that would be a shame :)
No, it is not a choice. Period. And your thinly-veiled wish shows just how hate-filled, evil, and immoral you truly are, you don't deserve any respect. Just because you are in the military doesn't make you worthy of anything and that last sentence you wrote only means you are deserving of spit in the face.

“TMA&CRR One Love One Marriage ”

Since: Sep 09

port orange

#139 Nov 17, 2009
Dave wrote:
Cpeter for some one who has such a high IQ you sure don't know much about protecting our freedom do you. when was the USS Cole bombed again.
Being Gay is a choice period. I don't care what you have to tell yourself to make you feel better. I guess the criminals don't have a choice when they rob, rape or steal. good arguement.
Have a great day hope you don't catch AIDS that would be a shame :)
debating with you is a wast of time cause you'd rather be ignorant than learn something...

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#140 Nov 17, 2009
The Cole bombing, sad as it was, did not threaten this nation; it threatened our troops in the mideast. You need to separate military maneuvers from homeland security.

I don't have to "tell myself" anything regarding being gay; I know the facts. You don't. Decades of research show that being gay--or straight--is not a choice. But feel free to post your research into the matter; just because it contradicts the research AND the experience of every gay person I have ever known shouldn't daunt you at all. Surely you can prove your contention that being gay is a choice.

I taught safe sex for years; I am in no danger of catching AIDS. It's amazing what you can do when the facts are on your side.
Dave wrote:
Cpeter for some one who has such a high IQ you sure don't know much about protecting our freedom do you. when was the USS Cole bombed again.
Being Gay is a choice period. I don't care what you have to tell yourself to make you feel better. I guess the criminals don't have a choice when they rob, rape or steal. good arguement.
Have a great day hope you don't catch AIDS that would be a shame :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Auburn University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Did Alabama have its own Free State of Jones du... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Jason 1
News Alabama readies itself for Zika prevention afte... (May '16) Aug '16 FloridaPete 2
News City of Auburn working to bring Uber back (Jun '16) Jun '16 Ryan McLeod 1
News Assemble might have a Turner Prize, but the Lon... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
News Tupelo scholars: Rotary Club honors 182 Tupelo ... (Apr '16) Apr '16 1984 today 1
News Seasonal affective disorder - genuine sickness ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 HumanSpirit 1
News McGowan, Nall to wed (Jul '15) Feb '16 Guest 3
More from around the web