What's Up With The White House Not Re...

What's Up With The White House Not Responding To Black College Invite Query?

There are 11 comments on the eurthisnthat.com story from Jun 1, 2009, titled What's Up With The White House Not Responding To Black College Invite Query?. In it, eurthisnthat.com reports that:

Seasoned journalist DeWayne Wickham posed the question to the White House, “Did the President get any invitations to speak at any HBCU’s?” and the White House acted as though that information was on some sort of gag order.

The President spoke at the Naval Academy, Notre Dame and Arizona State University.

April Ryan a white house correspondent for American Urban Radio Networks said that Howard University asked him, but the date conflicted with Notre Dame’s. Which would mean Notre Dame asked first right?

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said he didn’t know what schools asked or didn’t ask. So, now what?

Join the discussion below, or Read more at eurthisnthat.com.

Trufax

Manhattan, IL

#1 Jun 1, 2009
Obama hates haznigs, I've told you this. Class trumps race and you aren't in his class.
pual

Ilford, UK

#2 Jun 2, 2009
In their agency your organisation is on the bottom of the list..

YourMomsPole

“YourDadsHole”

Since: Apr 09

Caribbean

#4 Jun 3, 2009
Mr Milky Whiteman wrote:
Obama thinks of himself as African, not black.
lol whut?

Since: May 09

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Jun 3, 2009
Obama may have a black wife but that is as far as his blackness goes. He was raised by a white mother and later by a older white grandma and grandpa. So think about it. He has the mindset and allegiances to the white people first and foremost. He has lead a pretty much Ivy League existence. So it makes perfect sense that he accepted the invitations to the Ivy league colleges and dissed the black college.
Real Talk

Waldorf, MD

#7 Jun 3, 2009
Whitegirlrocks wrote:
Obama may have a black wife but that is as far as his blackness goes. He was raised by a white mother and later by a older white grandma and grandpa. So think about it. He has the mindset and allegiances to the white people first and foremost. He has lead a pretty much Ivy League existence. So it makes perfect sense that he accepted the invitations to the Ivy league colleges and dissed the black college.
What does his mother and grandparents have to do with his choice to visit Notre Dame? I don't this had anything to with his decision.

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Jun 3, 2009
Real Talk wrote:
<quoted text> What does his mother and grandparents have to do with his choice to visit Notre Dame? I don't this had anything to with his decision.
Because he has the mindset of a white man and makes decisions as one. He is not black orientated because of his white upbringing.

YourMomsPole

“YourDadsHole”

Since: Apr 09

Caribbean

#10 Jun 3, 2009
Mr Milky Whiteman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Obama will reveal his Muslim background soon, to compliment his African race. Obama does not identify with American blacks. He sees himself as better than the American black.
You said he didn't see himself as black, not "American black"...

“Male Dog!!”

Since: Mar 08

Ellicott City, MD

#11 Jun 3, 2009
Maybe because he knows politicatlly. Black Americans would get their panties in a bunch if he didn't speak at HBCU's.

If he did, I'm sure Rush, and Hannity would have spent weeks calling him the Black Peoples President.

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Jun 4, 2009
WrningSgn wrote:
Maybe because he knows politicatlly. Black Americans would get their panties in a bunch if he didn't speak at HBCU's.
If he did, I'm sure Rush, and Hannity would have spent weeks calling him the Black Peoples President.
Funny but true.

spikewebbe

Since: Oct 07

Boston, MA

#14 Jun 4, 2009
Whitegirlrocks wrote:
<quoted text>Funny but true.
Obama has the next 11 years to speak at a HBCU. Are you an Obama supporter?

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Jun 4, 2009
spikewebbe wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has the next 11 years to speak at a HBCU. Are you an Obama supporter?
No

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arizona State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News ASU Autism Professor Promotes Anti-Vaccine Film... Apr 26 CDC Rep 1
News Racial differences seen among fitness levels in... (Apr '15) Mar '16 DapperDave 52
News Johnny Depp Describes GOP Frontrunner Donald Tr... Mar '16 wild child 1
News Tewksbury must drop Feb '16 hammerhead 2
News Are depressed kids bully magnets? (Feb '12) Jan '16 Good Times 39
News King: Parties mocking black culture prove racis... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Drilling for the ... 4
News The association between sleep disturbances and ... (Apr '10) Oct '15 RudolphMCasey 4
More from around the web