Governor Brewer's gun veto emboldens ...

Governor Brewer's gun veto emboldens college students

There are 5 comments on the Arizona Republic story from Apr 27, 2011, titled Governor Brewer's gun veto emboldens college students. In it, Arizona Republic reports that:

Gov. Jan Brewer's veto last week of a bill that would have allowed guns on university and community-college campuses has emboldened students on both sides of the debate over public safety.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Arizona Republic.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#1 Apr 28, 2011
Police Chief wrote:
"I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. I can assure you if I thought (this bill) would make our campuses safer I would support it," he said. "The reality is that police know the drinking ... the day to day fights in dorm rooms ... the fistfights on campus. Do we really want to add a gun to that equation?"
Sounds like college campuses are dangerous places (high crime areas).

Maybe we should ban the police from carrying guns on college campuses.

Gun control brings out all the con-artists (politicians, college administrators, nazis, and police).
Governor Brewer wrote:
... worried that the bill did not exclude K-12 campuses. Federal laws ban guns on K-12 campuses.
The Gun Free Safe School Zone Act bans guns IN any school zone UNLESS the gun possessor has a gun permit. Brewer probably lied and didn't want more guns after the Gabby Gifford shooting.

Since: Dec 10

Seattle

#2 Apr 29, 2011
She is simply trying to repair the image of her state, currently it is viewed as an insane rightwing state that is hostile to brown people :/

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#3 Apr 29, 2011
-Farah- wrote:
She is simply trying to repair the image of her state, currently it is viewed as an insane rightwing state that is hostile to brown people :/
The number one problem (on the planet) is overpopulation. America is becoming overcrowded too. Border control is important. The Lefties want massive immigration because they want votes for demorat politicians.

Since: Dec 10

Seattle

#4 Apr 29, 2011
I have never voted for the Democratic Party and never plan to! There is nothing leftist about a pro war pro corporation crap party like the Democratic Party!

The Democratic Party is completely inept and corrupt! Just look at what they have done to California! On the state level the gop is slightly better and on the federal level they are the same!

Since: Jan 10

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Apr 29, 2011
What's so wonderful about this country is its diversity. We have insane right wing states that are hostile to brown people. We have insane leftwing states that love brown people. We have everything in between. And we can live in anyone of them. I love America.

Tomorrow, I'm going to an unsupervised part of the desert to discharge a weapon. Simply because we can do that here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arizona State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheist Student Organization Faces Revolt From ... Oct '17 Opium for dummies 7
News Former UF provost Betty Capaldi Phillips dies Sep '17 Roddy Roediger 1
News Five Times Arizonans Got Scammed - and One New One Sep '17 Solarman 1
News Tainted water plagues many black communities Sep '17 What 5
News Study finds pay for public college presidents u... Jun '17 anonymous 24
News ASU 'dreamer's' viral Facebook post about payin... (Mar '17) Mar '17 tomin cali 4
News Vote for it or money goes away: Arizona lawmake... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Predator Harm In ... 1
More from around the web