MADCAP Theaters breathe life into dow...

MADCAP Theaters breathe life into downtown Tempe

There are 1 comment on the Arizona Republic story from Mar 21, 2010, titled MADCAP Theaters breathe life into downtown Tempe. In it, Arizona Republic reports that:

What do grindhouse movies, indie bands, poetry, a comedy troupe, Disney and a fifth-grade play have in common? The eclectic collection has made the entertainment menu at downtown Tempe's MADCAP Theaters since the venue opened last summer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Arizona Republic.

“One voice is enough.”

Since: Jul 07

Tempe, AZ

#1 Mar 26, 2010
This development, I applaud. Mill Ave really needs some sort of draw to entertain and retain visitors. Even before the economy fell into the pit-of-doom numbers have been dwindling due to a total lack of things to do and things to see.

Even the nightclubs suffer right now, barely any lines in the streets; but I am always happy to see the hip dressed shuffling in and out of places like the Library. On the surface, numbers do seem to have increased somewhat like a tide (I do not have statistics for this, just passing observation) but something must really be done to establish more rolling venues at either side of the Ave to draw and keep interest.

Right now, too much of it is draining away, leaving retail in the wind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arizona State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Study finds pay for public college presidents u... Jun 30 anonymous 24
News ASU 'dreamer's' viral Facebook post about payin... Mar '17 tomin cali 4
News Vote for it or money goes away: Arizona lawmake... Feb '17 Predator Harm In ... 1
News APS Partners with ASU, PayPal to Add More Solar... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Solarman 1
News Hillary Clinton in Arizona: Will the state go b... (Nov '16) Dec '16 kyman 2
News The looming clash on Trump's immigration plan (Nov '16) Nov '16 spytheweb 3
News Racial differences seen among fitness levels in... (Apr '15) Nov '16 T-BOS 66
More from around the web