Bin Laden's death prompts celebration for Appalachian State students

May 2, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

It began with cheers of "Osama's dead!" and waving of sparklers. In a matter of minutes, a large crowd of students on the campus of Appalachian State University in Boone North Carolina had assembled to mark the death of terrorist leader, Osama Bin Laden.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated May 10, 2011
JOE

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Nice shooting ...
pepper

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

I wouldn't be jumping up in the air clicking my heels just yet. For every rat you see and kill there's a hundred more that you didn't. Bin Laden's replacement could be just as crazy and dangerous (or even more so).
TheBeesKnees

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Yes and you can bet he already had some one trained and ready to fill his shoes ..... The USA is liable to see something horriffic in retaliation to his killing. I wouldn't get too comfortable yet.

“TFA FTW!”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2011

So much for "home of the brave".
pepper

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Judged:

There's home of the brave and then there's home of the stupid. Guess which house you occupy.

“TFA FTW!”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

pepper wrote:
There's home of the brave and then there's home of the stupid. Guess which house you occupy.
These things are not mutually exclusive. One can be both brave and stupid.

I think we, as a nation, enjoy a good boogeyman. I think we enjoy the idea that some great evil lurks out there that we must confront. There rarely is, so we must create one.

With a rare exception (the result of a wild fluke), these terrorist organizations are not nearly as threatening as we'd like to believe. More often, the Columbine kids were more effective than the vast majority of attacks carried out by Al-Qaeda.
pepper

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

-----sound of crickets-----

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Appalachian State University Discussions

Search the Appalachian State University Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Never too old to rock 'n roll Jun '14 David Young 1
Junaluska Heritage Association donates books to... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
Spirituality: Bhagavan Das (Oct '13) Oct '13 BW Haring 1
ASU to regain polling place, still loses early ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Britt 4
Combining Boone's voting precincts could be pro... (Aug '13) Aug '13 BOO 3
North Carolina election officials chipping away... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Sheik Yerbouti 10
Watauga Election Board erases meeting minutes (Aug '13) Aug '13 randy 1
•••
•••