Boone considers time limits for relea...

Boone considers time limits for release of towed vehicles

There are 36 comments on the Watauga Democrat story from Sep 19, 2012, titled Boone considers time limits for release of towed vehicles. In it, Watauga Democrat reports that:

Following a disagreement between Boone Police officers, an area towing company and an out-of-town resident whose vehicle had been towed, the Boone Town Council on Thursday will consider a town code amendment requiring towing companies to respond to vehicle owners' calls and arrange for payment within a half-hour of towing the vehicle.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watauga Democrat.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 12

Boone, NC

#21 Sep 20, 2012
Pop, was either of those tragedies the result of either woman parking illegally then having her car towed thus leading to their abduction and rape ?
Funker

Morganton, NC

#22 Sep 20, 2012
Pop wrote:
I don't think Bob is delusional. Do you remember Jeni Gray and Leigh Wallace? Both were abducted while walking/joging, both were raped and Ms. Gray was murdered. All this in our small town.
http://www2.wataugademocrat.com/News/story/A-...
I knew and worked with Jeni Gray. She was jogging. Her story has nothing to do with this thread about towed vehicles. Yes, people who have had their vehicle towed are left with little or no options, but comparing it to Jeni Gray is not appropriate.

Boone, NC

#23 Sep 20, 2012
Pop, please remind me how either of those tragedies was the result of the women getting their car towed from parking illegally causing those crimes to occur?
Funker

Morganton, NC

#24 Sep 20, 2012
Opoib wrote:
Pop, please remind me how either of those tragedies was the result of the women getting their car towed from parking illegally causing those crimes to occur?
Like I said.
Golly

Charlotte, NC

#25 Sep 21, 2012
It would be really nice if we could judge on the spot who was parked illegally because they were lazy or who was parked there because there was no other option. Wake up! There aren't enough parking places in Boone to accomodate the parking needs for visitors, students, workers and shoppers. I have to side with the Town Council on this issue but I wish they had a plan for the problem of not having enough parking. This is just a band-aid for a Town problem.
Bob

Carolina Beach, NC

#26 Sep 21, 2012
What Pop was trying to say is that crime can happen in Boone. It is possible for someone walking or jogging to become the victim of a crime. And, if your car is towed, it looks like you're going to be walking. So, if someone has their vehicle towed, they may become more vulnerable.
Pop

Boone, NC

#27 Sep 21, 2012
As far as I know neither of the women was parked illegally. However, both were picked up from the sidewalk.
You were saying that this type of thing could or would not happen. Your words were,
"Your in a delusional state with these rape fantasies."
I am just asking you to get you head out of the sand and relize the longer someone is left vulnerable on a sidewalk, something like this could or might happen.

Boone, NC

#28 Sep 21, 2012
Pop I do not understand this statement from you. It is one of the other but not like this

"You were saying that this type of thing could or would not happen"

what is it your trying to say ?
Funny

Carolina Beach, NC

#29 Sep 23, 2012
BAAAHAAAHAAA! Opoib must live in a bubble if he doesn't think someone can get raped or murdered up here! He's living in his circle jerk fantasy land!
Jeff

Charlotte, NC

#31 Dec 7, 2012
Opoib wrote:
Do not park illegally and you will not get towed. Seems a simple enough problem to avoid.
I had a business on King St for over a decade and every day was a constant battle to have parking available for customers when it was constantly taken by students at the university.
Clearly you've never tried to park in Boone. The repair/tow shops are ruthless vultures. They'll tow you even if you aren't illegally parked.
student

Brea, CA

#32 Dec 15, 2012
Opoib which business do you own? Post it on topix to remind ppl not to park in your spot... If it's street parking I guess that's not your private lot...So stfu

Of course the tow companies should respond to vehicle owners in a timely manner because they are holding other people's properties...

Why the tow company charge extra for illegal parking tows? That is just like a tow company can fine people...
Bob

Carolina Beach, NC

#33 Dec 15, 2012
Opoib hasn't been around lately. Tom has been rather busy with his buddies in the republican party.
Bob

Carolina Beach, NC

#34 Dec 15, 2012
I had my Jeep towed one night, after it broke down. I went later that night to get it so I could put the part in. I called the guy on call, and he said he couldn't get in until morning. I bitched at him, and he said he'd remember that the next morning. I called about an hour later asking for a tow, pretending to be someone else, he said he'd be there in 20. WTF? They're in a hurry to come get your car, but not to let it go. This was Hampton's, by the way.
Lamont

Linville, NC

#35 Dec 16, 2012
Bob wrote:
Because a lot of college kids park there to go to the falls. It has been a big issue, because recently the troopers had multiple vehicles towed leaving the owners stranded.
The solution to the problem is do not park illegally.
Bob

Carolina Beach, NC

#36 Dec 16, 2012
Well, if only we had Lamont a few years ago. All of our problems would have been solved! Please tell me where in Downtown Boone you can legally park?
Lamont

Linville, NC

#37 Dec 16, 2012
Bob wrote:
Well, if only we had Lamont a few years ago. All of our problems would have been solved! Please tell me where in Downtown Boone you can legally park?
That's not the issue. The places where you can't park are marked pretty well. Just don't park in those spots. If you do, you may get towed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appalachian State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police apprehend driver after chase through Boone Jun 29 Bob 1
News Doctors prescribed man 145 opioid pills. Nine d... May '16 Hostis Publicus 1
News Provost says meeting planned after Appalachian ... Apr '16 Abrahammock Relig... 1
News HOLD Boone Police continue drug probe (Dec '15) Apr '16 goalie 3
News Heartless Bastards announce live Canadian dates... Feb '16 huey goins 3
News Oakes named Watauga Democrat editor (Jan '16) Jan '16 truth 2
News Campbell joins The Jefferson Post (Dec '15) Dec '15 Bob 1
More from around the web