Blair Mountain march continues in Boo...

Blair Mountain march continues in Boone County

There are 11 comments on the Coal Valley News story from Jun 8, 2011, titled Blair Mountain march continues in Boone County. In it, Coal Valley News reports that:

Hundreds of people taking part in the March to Save Blair Mountain gathered at Danville in Boone County on Tuesday afternoon to eat lunch and gear up for the next leg of their journey to historical Blair Mountain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Coal Valley News.

cjb

Lubbock, TX

#1 Jun 12, 2011
Screw them tree huggers
Growing

Peach Creek, WV

#2 Jun 12, 2011
Keeps growing stronger. They have a voice too.
AS2M

Hansford, WV

#3 Jun 12, 2011
cjb wrote:
Screw them tree huggers
Is that the best you can come up with genius ??
get a clue

United States

#4 Jun 12, 2011
AS2M wrote:
<quoted text>Is that the best you can come up with genius ??
How about "F@&k the tree huggers", is that better?
get a clue

United States

#5 Jun 12, 2011
AS2M wrote:
<quoted text>Is that the best you can come up with genius ??

or"Smelly hippies"? Maybe, "Get a life you stinky, nasty, dirty, trouble making low lifes"? Better???
Well

Gilbert, WV

#6 Jun 12, 2011
lets put it like this, my husband has lost wages now because of these tree huggers and if he losses any more, we will have no choice but to get a lawyer and demand the person who is over this bunch of stupid followers that don't know how to think on there own to pay back our wages. If any of you all want to really know why they are marching now and didn't march and will never march between the months of Sept-April is because the leader over this bunch is a teacher at a local college brain washing our childern and would never give up his wages for no cause.
paid

United States

#8 Jun 12, 2011
did the umwa really pay these people 2000 dollars to march
cjb

Charleston, WV

#10 Jun 21, 2011
Theyre paid a wage but its all a scam. After protesters go to jail the man claims he needs "bail money" to get them out so people all over the country send him money to pay some idiots 500 dollar bail. After his mountains of donations come in he has enough to bail them out and then some. People think the coal industry is the bad guy in this fight but they need to look at the other players in the game as well. Theres corruption on both sides of the fight people, you need to open your eyes and quit listening to all of the brain washed tree hugger cult!!!!
cjb

Charleston, WV

#11 Jun 21, 2011
AS2M wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the best you can come up with genius ??
Read my most recent post and we will see who the genius is!!!
just my 2 cents

Charleston, WV

#12 Jun 21, 2011
Just a bunch of twig pickers living off everything we earn. Get a life and a job!!

If all I had to do was make my way around the country and protest men and women's lively hoods, and yes this includes you stuttering Kennedy. Then I would jump on board. But I don't gave that luxury, "I" mine the coal that keeps you cool in the summer and warn in the winter. Get a life you bunch of fools!!
Friend of Coal

Logan, WV

#13 Jun 21, 2011
I agree, if alternative energy is the way to go why don't the great enviro Robert Kennedy have a windmill in his back yard and solar panels on that big house in Martha'a Vineyard and yes I have seen it. Some of us hillbillies get out of WV. He is a hypocrite as is all treehuggers. I expect since they are so against coal that they live off candlelight and ride bicycles everywhere. Electricity comes from coal and trees cut down can be replanted. We won't have to worry long, soon we will belong to China and they have NO regulations. Maybe we will be pumping out 6 million tons a year and all that carbon just like China. Why regulate one part of the world and let others do what they want. Do we not all share the ozone layer? They are the dumbest people on this planet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appalachian State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News HOLD Boone Police continue drug probe (Dec '15) Dec '16 justwondering 4
News Our view: Call, don't beep, for rides (Oct '16) Nov '16 Bob Is An Idiot 2
News Songs from the Mount: Youth minister to release... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Janet 1
News AppalCART seeks solutions to overcrowded buses,... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Frank 1
News Police apprehend driver after chase through Boone (Jun '16) Jun '16 Bob 1
News Doctors prescribed man 145 opioid pills. Nine d... (May '16) May '16 Hostis Publicus 1
News Provost says meeting planned after Appalachian ... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Abrahammock Relig... 1
More from around the web