Happy Birthday, Coretta Scott King, F...

Happy Birthday, Coretta Scott King, First Lady of Civil Rights

There are 3 comments on the www.findingdulcinea.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Happy Birthday, Coretta Scott King, First Lady of Civil Rights. In it, www.findingdulcinea.com reports that:

Coretta Scott King was more than just the wife of a legend, she was a singer, an organizer and an activist in her own right, pledging her support to nonviolence, tolerance and equality for all races, genders and classes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.findingdulcinea.com.

Janet

Oregon City, OR

#1 Apr 27, 2009
I never knew how accomplished she was in her own right. Interesting profile.
Ken

New York, NY

#2 Apr 28, 2009
This is a nice picture of her when she was younger... she really did a lot for not just race relations, but other disenfranchised groups.
Meghan

New York, NY

#3 Apr 28, 2009
While I still consider a hero, it was sad for me to read how poorly her husband treated her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antioch College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Governor Corbett Marks Black History Month, Hon... (Feb '11) Feb '11 D and R and I and... 2
News Antioch confronts bad image (Jul '08) Dec '10 mayor of LA 5
News WYSO brings StoryCorps (Apr '10) Apr '10 Philip Greene 1
News Coretta Scott King - More Than Wife and Widow -... (Feb '10) Feb '10 whatever 5
News Susan J. Demas: A party of whiners (Sep '08) Sep '08 ex-repub 1
News Happy Birthday, Stephen Jay Gould (Sep '08) Sep '08 Greg 1
More from around the web