AMERICA/COLOMBIA-The Bishops ask for ...

AMERICA/COLOMBIA-The Bishops ask for a serious structural reform of the health care system

There are 2 comments on the Fides News story from Jul 6, 2011, titled AMERICA/COLOMBIA-The Bishops ask for a serious structural reform of the health care system. In it, Fides News reports that:

During the second working day of the Plenary Assembly of the Colombian Bishops' Conference, being held in Bogota , the Bishops have strongly confirmed the complaints of the nation's Attorney general, Alejandro Ordonez, according to which the health care system needs serious structural reform.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fides News.

rick bourne

Vancouver, Canada

#1 Jul 6, 2011
nothing like medicine to help the body to be healthy

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

#2 Jul 7, 2011
Our evangelical-fundamentalist posters still think that sickness is the result of sin. It has to be because it is written in The Bible. Let them die. They are poor sinners and it is the "Will of God'!

Even Christ Jesus seems to have preached that illness=sin. Hummm....

Matthew 9

Jesus Forgives and Heals a Paralyzed Man

1 Jesus stepped into a boat, crossed over and came to his own town.

2 Some men brought to him a paralyzed man, lying on a mat. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the man,“Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven.”

3 At this, some of the teachers of the law said to themselves,“This fellow is blaspheming!”

4 Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said,“Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts?

5 Which is easier: to say,‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say,‘Get up and walk’?

6 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the paralyzed man,“Get up, take your mat and go home.”

7 Then the man got up and went home.

8 When the crowd saw this, they were filled with awe; and they praised God, who had given such authority to man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bogota, Colombia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colombia rebels cancel unilateral cease-fire af... May 22 L I G E R 1
News DEA chief tells House committee she can't fire ... Apr '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 5
News Wynton Marsalis cancels Venezuela shows Mar '15 loganclaws6 2
News Crocodile found in New Jersey basement during d... Mar '15 wichita-rick 7
News El Paso police arrest flasher suspect Mar '15 huey goins 1
News Open Streets event to emphasize use of pavement... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Big Johnson 2
News "Don't make children fight your war:" ex-child ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Comanche 2
More from around the web