Outcry in South America over US milit...

Outcry in South America over US military base pact

There are 9 comments on the Guardian Unlimited story from Sep 1, 2009, titled Outcry in South America over US military base pact. In it, Guardian Unlimited reports that:

Deal to increase access to Colombia bases angers neighbours and damages Obama's attempts to mend relations with region Venezuela's president, Hugo Chavez, claims US aggression is 'blowing winds of war'. Photograph: Howard Yanes/AP South American leaders are due to square off tomorrow over a plan to increase US access to military bases in Colombia , ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Guardian Unlimited.

su gente

Freeport, FL

#1 Sep 1, 2009
is it possible that one day you will be wishing for the gringo presence in south america when you are fighting the radical islamists who are slowly worming there way into your countries even now as you denounce the terrible gringos? and perhaps chavez should have persuaded his puppet in ecuador to renew the lease for the one small base in manta rather than have several in colombia.
BillyHewitt

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Sep 3, 2009
It is better that the American forces with their torture squads and assassination snipers are forced to live in the country Colombia that has doomed it's population to 70% poverty ans starvation. FARC simply captures some gringos and tortures the mercenaries according to the Bush manual until they confess and that should be a great recruiting tool.
su gente

Freeport, FL

#6 Sep 7, 2009
dear bill, american torture squads and assasination snipers? by the way, farc has been in business for a lot longer than either president bush. oh yeah, why not stop by your local state capitol, turn in your passport, renounce your gringo citizenship and move to any convenient barrio in south america. preferably venezuela, ecuador or colombia. and if you're ever a guest of the farc you will be begging for a gringo special operations rescue.
mike lonergan

Red Bank, NJ

#7 Sep 9, 2009
I love America and many other countries also, However the American epitaph was written in the Book of Revelations Chapters 17 and 18. Our sins in the face of knowledge and in spite of unprecedented blessings and opportunities will make 9-11 look like a fender bender.Check that out for yourself.
su gente

Freeport, FL

#8 Sep 13, 2009
mike lonergan wrote:
I love America and many other countries also, However the American epitaph was written in the Book of Revelations Chapters 17 and 18. Our sins in the face of knowledge and in spite of unprecedented blessings and opportunities will make 9-11 look like a fender bender.Check that out for yourself.
dear mike, that's lovely. but the chaos is brewing in south america and it'll make iraq and afghanistan look like a kiddie playground. also, i see you're from neptune. please stop in kelly's and have one of their famous reubens for me and a couple cold beers. sincerely, su gente
su gente

Freeport, FL

#9 Sep 18, 2009
hasta la vista manta fol! but we'll be waiting and we'll be watching. call us when you need us, and you will. too bad uncle hugo didn't keep this one small base. now he has several to worry him in colombia. i can't wait to get there. muchas gracias tio hugo!
rick bourne

Vancouver, Canada

#10 Mar 17, 2010
The problem is the cocaine and the money cocaine makes and what countries will do for it.The one reason cocaine is so popular is the people like it their not addicted they like it they like the money and they like to party and have sex with it.So it don't matter how many laws their is how much it costs and how many are willing to die or who die for it.
Gringo

United States

#13 Mar 29, 2010
There certianly a lot of colorful fellows in this thread.
No pinko commie comments???
su gente

Crestview, FL

#14 Apr 1, 2010
while you amigos are worrying about colombia and the terrible gringos setting up camp (because correa was too greedy and wanted more dinero from the gringos than they wanted to offer for manta), are you also watching the daily flights from Tehran to Caracas? i know venezuela has beautiful women but somehow i doubt the iranians are flying to venezuela for a good piece of ass. so, when the iranians are running around your towns and cities what do you intend to do about it? that's right: call uncle sam. and like the idiots we are, we will come. and it'll be TO YOUR BENEFIT that we are in colombia and we could be in your towns and cities within minutes. es verdad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bogota, Colombia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Inconsistency among Dictators Nov '16 elephant1941 1
News Colombian leader Juan Manuel Santos wins Nobel ... Oct '16 Marek 1
News Weird science: 3 win Nobel for unusual states o... Oct '16 Ex Senator Santpo... 1
Detailed Examination Reveals That All Human His... Sep '16 fukuda 1
News Colombian peace deal could mark rare victory fo... Aug '16 Go Blue Forever 1
War to end in Colombia! Aug '16 Tony 1
News Colombia to deport 33 Venezuelans after border ... Aug '16 Wildchild 2
More from around the web