Estranged husband seeks half Betancourt's assets

Full story: El Paso Times
The estranged second husband of Ingrid Betancourt has filed court papers seeking half her fortune just as the world's most celebrated ex-hostage launches a memoir about her six years in jungle captivity. Full Story
Anita

Bogotá, Colombia

#1 Sep 26, 2010
As Colombian, I must say we had the romantic idea of watching husband and wife hug and kiss not leaving each other's hand, but rather found a cold and distant woman. Then, we learned she had fallen in love with one of the americans in the jungle. She didn't even say anything to her then husband, but asked him immediately to send her forty thousand dollars they had to her account, which he did. After that, she filed for divorce. Then, other captives reported she was self-centered, manipulative, and arrogant. She deceived us all, plus she never told us that she had double citizenship and nevertheless ran for president. The straw that hit the camel's back, was to show her ingratitude with our beloved president and army who had rescued her in a mytical deed, by asking the government for money to be reimbursed for her ordeal -money coming out of us taxpayers who had prayed unendlessly for her freedom-. That did it. We don't buy her anymore. Sorry. Keith Stansell, one of the american kidnapped was right in his appreciation about her.
Mike

Sparks, NV

#2 Sep 27, 2010
I hope her ex-husband gets what he is trying to get. She seems to be a real BITCH.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bogota, Colombia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Open Streets event to emphasize use of pavement... Sep '14 Big Johnson 2
"Don't make children fight your war:" ex-child ... Sep '14 Comanche 2
Maite Kropp: Bogota mayor made the right, coura... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Max 2
For the migrants who are coming to the USA! (Jul '14) Aug '14 PAUL SHYKORA arts 3
Is Santos Latin America's new Mr. Right? (Jun '14) Jun '14 UruEuWauWau 2
Q+A:Fifty years on, why are Colombia's FARC reb... (May '14) May '14 WE JUST DONT CARE 2
Pope names six new cardinals with global flavor (Nov '12) Feb '14 misharus 236
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:18 am PST