China suspends 2 of 5 fake Apple stores in one city

Full story: USA Today

Chinese officials found five fake Apple stores in a southwestern city and ordered two of them to suspend business while they're investigated, a local government website said Monday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

A local newspaper (run by the Chinese government) claimed that government officials couldn't shut down the other three stores because the couldn't find bogus Apple products being sold in them! I call Bullshyte! Being "officials", all they had to do was ask the store manager for a copy of Apple's business license as proof of authenticity! It would've taken seconds to check this on their laptops. But, then again, considering the Chinese government's collusion in these schemes don't expect anything remotely resembling "fair trade".

http://www.doingbusiness.org/data/exploreecon...

Since: Mar 08

Long Island City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

Apple's business license? In China only the government issued business license has legal validity.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

Zsari wrote:
Apple's business license? In China only the government issued business license has legal validity.
The link covered applying for a license from the Chinese government. Dur.
It's not like anybody can swat a fly in China without permission. Those fake shops had prior gov't permission to peddle their fake wares and now their gov't claims it's all a "local" thing. Puhleeze!
blocked

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

I challenge someone in China to post something on this thread.

Blocked in China.

Since: Mar 08

Long Island City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The link covered applying for a license from the Chinese government.
Duh, its called reseller license, and that has nothing to do with Apple.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••