4. Mummies found in China shed some of their political sensitivity

Oct 25, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Boulder Weekly

What gets the most attention is her nose: high-bridged, slightly hooked, the sort of nose that reminds you of Meryl Streep .

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Captain Vancouver

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

Just like the Europeans who colonized the Americas, the Han Chinese colonized this area too.

No difference. Both were conquerers.
Rong

Seremban, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

Recently I saw a national Geographic program on this subject. When the DNA report came back it turned out that these people had very mixed heritage from Europe, Middle east, India and Siberia.

The main point this story teller tries to convey is that there is a conspiracy ... something sensitive...blah blah blah.

Ancient Chinese history recorded the presence of a western people with large beard from in west. They were called "hu ren". Nothing new. Nothing to be sensitive about.
If anything it is annoying to read the same story every other month.
Captain Vancouver

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

Yes, nothing to be sensitive about. So the government of China should not be so sensitive and try to hide the scientific evidence, thanks Rong. Glad you agree.
smallville

Shanghai, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

sensitive? These are well know fact since 500BC. This region became a part of China 2100 years ago. Government of China did not hide, do not care too much does not means hide.

By the way, Captain Vancouver, are you an Anglo-Saxon? Where was Anglo-Saxon 2100 years ago? Already colonized Germany jungle and fought with Roman?
Rong

Taiping, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

Captain Vancouver wrote:
Yes, nothing to be sensitive about. So the government of China should not be so sensitive and try to hide the scientific evidence, thanks Rong. Glad you agree.
The Government build a museum for it in Urumqi, Xinjiang and hope a lot of blond hair tourists will turn up and visit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••