Turkey calls for end to violence

Turkey calls for end to violence

There are 702 comments on the The Taipei Times story from Jul 9, 2009, titled Turkey calls for end to violence. In it, The Taipei Times reports that:

Turkey s prime minister called for an end to savagery in the western Chinese region of Xinjiang that has killed at least 156 people, including many minority Uighurs who share ethnic bonds with Turks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Taipei Times.

First Prev
of 36
Next Last

“And what's YOUR problem?”

Since: May 07

Country life - USA

#1 Jul 9, 2009
The only way that will happen, is ending the persecution of the Uighur minority, and giving religious freedom to the people.
Rong

Puchong, Malaysia

#2 Jul 9, 2009
Turkey has never given up hope of becoming a super-power, even though it may seems laughable at this point in time. They still dream of having a large empire extending from Europe to China.

After 1949, CIA brought Isa Yusuf Alptekin to Germany to run the Uyghur languages services for Radio Liberty and Radio Free Asia. He was also the head of the CIA funded Xinjiang Separatist movement.
He spent the later part of his life in Turkey.
When he died he was buried next to two former Turkish Presidents. It just go to show that Turkey very much consider Isa Yusuf Alptekin one of their national hero. This in a way revealed the real ambition of Turkey.
Rong

Puchong, Malaysia

#3 Jul 9, 2009
US Citizen 07 wrote:
The only way that will happen, is ending the persecution of the Uighur minority, and giving religious freedom to the people.
Why don't USA open her door to more Uyghur immigrants? That way u can show the world by example.
Uighur people

Charlotte, NC

#4 Jul 9, 2009
Free at last! Free at last!
East Turkistan for Uighur people.
Chinese are the land robbers.
Get out of our land.
We, Uighur people will fight against Han Chinese until we die.
Observer

Ipoh, Malaysia

#5 Jul 9, 2009
Uighur people wrote:
Get out of our land.
Very soon. Turkey will be free of Kurdish like you!
Leonard I

San Diego, CA

#6 Jul 9, 2009
The only thing Turkey needs to do is stopping sponsor terrorist groups.
Rong

Puchong, Malaysia

#7 Jul 9, 2009
Uighur people wrote:
Get out of our land.
hi mirotard,

The "East Turkistan" that u referred to is home to 40 ethnic groups. U are too retarded to understand of this, too bad!
Leonard I

San Diego, CA

#8 Jul 9, 2009
US Citizen 07 wrote:
US and Europe just won't give a shit to Turkey and Muslim terrorists. That's why! It's nothing wrong to persecute criminal terrorists who are not ordinary Uygurs. Don't speak shit just because of your Turkish background!
Uighur people

Charlotte, NC

#9 Jul 9, 2009
Leonard I wrote:
Turkey does not sponsor any terrorists.
Only your Han Chinese sponsors North Korean terrorists with nuclear bombs.
Beijing uses North Korea as a bargain chip for themselves.
Someday when North Korean knew the truth about China using them, North Korea will turn their nuclear bombs against China.
Turk 187

Sydney, Australia

#10 Jul 9, 2009
Take your own advice Yankee...
Leonard I wrote:
Turk 187

Sydney, Australia

#11 Jul 9, 2009
Sounds like English, but I just can't understand a word you're saying.
Leonard I wrote:
<quoted text>
US and Europe just won't give a shit to Turkey and Muslim terrorists. That's why! It's nothing wrong to persecute criminal terrorists who are not ordinary Uygurs. Don't speak shit just because of your Turkish background!
Turk 187

Sydney, Australia

#12 Jul 9, 2009
Did you have a point or you just shooting blanks...?
Rong wrote:
Turkey has never given up hope of becoming a super-power, even though it may seems laughable at this point in time. They still dream of having a large empire extending from Europe to China.
After 1949, CIA brought Isa Yusuf Alptekin to Germany to run the Uyghur languages services for Radio Liberty and Radio Free Asia. He was also the head of the CIA funded Xinjiang Separatist movement.
When he died he was buried next to two former Turkish Presidents. It just go to show that Turkey very much consider Isa Yusuf Alptekin one of their national hero. This in a way revealed the real ambition of Turkey.
Leonard I

San Diego, CA

#13 Jul 9, 2009
Uighur people wrote:
<quoted text>
Turkey does not sponsor any terrorists.
Only your Han Chinese sponsors North Korean terrorists with nuclear bombs.
Beijing uses North Korea as a bargain chip for themselves.
Someday when North Korean knew the truth about China using them, North Korea will turn their nuclear bombs against China.
Sorry to make you disappointed,I am not a Han Chinese. There are around 20 terrorist groups in Turkey and less than 10 in Afghanistan.Why not you go back your claimed land to fight now? I can tell you now, It is terrorists from foreign countries started this brutal crimes. Let's wait and see. Are you one of them?
Leonard I

San Diego, CA

#14 Jul 9, 2009
Turk 187 wrote:
Sounds like English, but I just can't understand a word you're saying.
<quoted text>
Who gives a shit about what you can understand or not.
Turk 187

Sydney, Australia

#15 Jul 9, 2009
I bet your mum does...
Leonard I wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gives a shit about what you can understand or not.
Turk 187

Sydney, Australia

#16 Jul 9, 2009
Would you be so kind as to name all these so called terror networks in Turkey sir?
Leonard I wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to make you disappointed,I am not a Han Chinese. There are around 20 terrorist groups in Turkey and less than 10 in Afghanistan.Why not you go back your claimed land to fight now? I can tell you now, It is terrorists from foreign countries started this brutal crimes. Let's wait and see. Are you one of them?
banana man

Jakarta, Indonesia

#18 Jul 9, 2009
Rong wrote:
Turkey WERE a world power, haven't you heard about the Seljuks and the Ottoman empire?

This Isa Yusuf Alptekin guy you talked about, it is no surprise if Turkey or any other moslem country considers him as their hero, don't you know that all moslems are brothers? For Moslems, their one true religion comes first, should China and Pakistan went to war, Chinese moslems will take side with Pakistan.
Leonard I

San Diego, CA

#19 Jul 9, 2009
Turk 187 wrote:
I bet your mum does...
<quoted text>
should I get your family member involved in my comments? What a low life
Leonard I

San Diego, CA

#20 Jul 9, 2009
Turk 187 wrote:
Would you be so kind as to name all these so called terror networks in Turkey sir?
<quoted text>
http://www.turkistanim.org/

Not all in this websites. Some are small groups but very violent.
Leonard I

San Diego, CA

#21 Jul 9, 2009
The Eastern Turkistan Islamic Movement
The Eastern Turkistan Liberation Organization
The World Uygur Youth Congress
The East Turkistan Information Center

These are 4 major terrorist groups. Turkey government did not directly sponsor these groups, but they get donations indirectly through Turkey's donations. 80% are from al-Qaeda.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 36
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Urumqi, China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bir erge ikki ashna Jun '16 pazil 1
duq nizamnamisining izzet hörmiti nede Jun '16 pazil 1
rabiye qadirning 11 türlük jinayiti Jun '16 pazil 1
rabiye xanimning tetürligi mana bu Jun '16 maihemuti 1
News Triple explosions in China's Xinjiang... (Jan '14) Dec '15 jason 4
News Massive carbon sinks detected beneath worlds de... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Earthling-1 4
News Peace, harmony prevails in Xinjiang during Ramazan (Jul '15) Jul '15 Une petite Francaise 5
More from around the web