China's economic influence is muting ...

China's economic influence is muting its critics

There are 4 comments on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation story from Dec 30, 2009, titled China's economic influence is muting its critics. In it, Australian Broadcasting Corporation reports that:

British man Akmal Shaikh is pictured in Poland in 2007. Shaikh, 53, from London, was executed in China on December 29, 2009, after being convicted of smuggling four kilograms of heroin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

Since: Dec 09

FuJian,China

#1 Dec 31, 2009
Only cash speaks.
Oh, don’t foget military expenditure :)
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Quezon, Philippines

#2 Dec 31, 2009
I like this part, who needs innovation when you can keep the other countries from innovating

"The country has become the biggest impediment to a global deal on climate change yet it is now the main recipient of venture capital money in clean technology."
Pragmatist

Columbus, OH

#3 Dec 31, 2009
"Perhaps while its consumers are feeding the global financial recovery, world leaders will continue to express their disappointment while looking the other way."

As a consumer, I can categorically tell you that there are many ways to avoid buying Chinese products with a little effort. China quickly forgets that its citizens would still be living on a bowl of rice per day without the innovation and lending hand of the west. We don't want this mass of medieval barbarians dictating to the world.
Pragmatist

Columbus, OH

#4 Dec 31, 2009
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE wrote:
I like this part, who needs innovation when you can keep the other countries from innovating
"The country has become the biggest impediment to a global deal on climate change yet it is now the main recipient of venture capital money in clean technology."
You're essentially praising China for impeding world progress. You're location says Philippines, but I suspect you're Chinese.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Urumqi, China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Urumqi parliament bans burqas in China's Xinjia... (Dec '14) Dec '14 tom_ 12
News China's ethnic region's capital to ban veiled r... (Dec '14) Dec '14 azbob14 3
News China jails seven students of Uighur scholar fo... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Fargo Joe 1
News China opens first leg of high-speed railway in ... (Nov '14) Nov '14 RayH 1
News Is China's grand ethnic experiment working? (Nov '14) Nov '14 RayH 1
News China Sentences Peaceful Uyghur Scholar Ilham T... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Jennie PC Chiang 1
News Economic model in Xinjiang must be modified to ... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Bob Burns 1
More from around the web