2 former vice majors in eastern China...

2 former vice majors in eastern China executed following bribery convictions

There are 5 comments on the Penticton Herald story from Jul 18, 2011, titled 2 former vice majors in eastern China executed following bribery convictions. In it, Penticton Herald reports that:

Two former vice majors in eastern China who were convicted of bribery have been executed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Penticton Herald.

hello03

Oaklands, Australia

#1 Jul 19, 2011
This is why I have a lot of respect for China. Could never happen in Germany, where the political class is never prosecuted for corruption. Just does not happen. Prosecutors take their instructions from the political class and anybody who would dare to follow up corruption by the political class will need to emigrate.

Corruption is not a victimless crime. Go China, go!

“I'm From the USA, 5 Years Here”

Since: May 10

Haungshi, China

#2 Jul 19, 2011
hello03 wrote:
This is why I have a lot of respect for China. Could never happen in Germany, where the political class is never prosecuted for corruption. Just does not happen. Prosecutors take their instructions from the political class and anybody who would dare to follow up corruption by the political class will need to emigrate.
Corruption is not a victimless crime. Go China, go!
That would be vice Mayor, not major, major is a military rank, Mayor is the leader of a village, town or city. Vice mayor, of course, being second in command.

President Hue made a pledge to remove corruption. It has proven to be a long uphill battle. While corruption in China is not in your face, like the Philippines, nevertheless it is widely done and scorned by the public. It's going to take a long time to make corruption manageable in China. It will never be eliminated, anymore than it would anywhere. Where there is money and power, influence and corruption is a natural byproduct.
American Israeli Cabal

Aledo, IL

#3 Jul 19, 2011
Just think if we did that here in America we would decimate The Ruling Class and Business Community!
Roosevelt

Mcintosh, MN

#4 Jul 19, 2011
Is the United States much worse for corruption than in China?

Should the United States implement the anti-corruption punishments as meted out by China or look the other way when people in Business and Government are corrupt here to the detriment of the county?

“I'm From the USA, 5 Years Here”

Since: May 10

Haungshi, China

#6 Jul 19, 2011
Roosevelt wrote:
Is the United States much worse for corruption than in China?
Should the United States implement the anti-corruption punishments as meted out by China or look the other way when people in Business and Government are corrupt here to the detriment of the county?
The USA is corrupt in a different way, much of it because of our election process and lobbyists. I'm not sure which system has the worst corruption because I believe that our corruption has resulted in a huge military machine that costs more than all the other militaries combined, responsible for 1/3 of the world wide sales of arms (which helps feed a more dangerous world, thus a larger military), funding of projects to nowhere, funding for things we have no business funding -- much of it to get themselves elected and reelected.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Suzhou, China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Impotence may point to heart problems (Aug '12) Jan '16 Benavides 18
How to use vacuum cleaner to prolong life? (Jul '15) Jul '15 dolphinwong 1
News Skyscraper mania grips China (Jul '14) Jul '14 RayH 1
News That 'unique' experience [China Daily: Africa W... (Jun '14) Jun '14 passfine1 1
Output AVCHD to DVD/CD/USB flash and external d... (Jan '14) Jan '14 vipchenyingsoft 1
How to switch GY-HM650 MXF to better Prores 444... (Dec '13) Dec '13 vipchenyingsoft 1
News Freight Train Zooms Between China and Poland (Oct '13) Nov '13 Pesky army 147
More from around the web