Parents tend to ill, demand answers

Parents tend to ill, demand answers

There are 6 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Sep 18, 2008, titled Parents tend to ill, demand answers. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Hundreds of Chinese parents, some cradling infants, converged on the company at the heart of the tainted baby formula scandal Thursday, demanding refunds and asking what they can safely feed their children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

My 2 Cents

Dallas, NC

#1 Sep 19, 2008
Why can't we have "Product of China" in big letters on anything we consume. I want to know it came from China. They seem to have no regulations and we seem to have no way to monitor them. At least, we would have our own choice.

Since: Sep 08

Shenzhen, China

#2 Sep 19, 2008
Because.....your big greedy American Companies like Walmart don't want you to know. They want to screw the Chinese down to the last yuan and then screw the last cent out of you.
My 2 Cents wrote:
Why can't we have "Product of China" in big letters on anything we consume. I want to know it came from China. They seem to have no regulations and we seem to have no way to monitor them. At least, we would have our own choice.
Concerned Parent

Abbotsford, Canada

#3 Sep 19, 2008
China's businesses and government kill their own people and foreign customers(by manufacturing poison food and censoring critical stories), and the USA is to blame?

Is there something wrong with your head?

Or, is there NO ONE in China with the COURAGE to take responsibility for ANYTHING?
Avenger

Lynwood, CA

#4 Sep 19, 2008
More and more bad products will come out of China. It is inevitable because the system allows no accountability for anything. We already went through this before with bad dog food, bad toys, lead paints, etc.

Since: Sep 08

Shenzhen, China

#5 Sep 19, 2008
Yes correct !!!!
Your system.

I will say it again.

If American companies sell under their own brand name and subcontract to the Chinese they have a duty of care and are legally liable. Ask them why they are trying to cut Q.C corners for more profits. Try looking in your own back yard first.
Avenger wrote:
More and more bad products will come out of China. It is inevitable because the system allows no accountability for anything. We already went through this before with bad dog food, bad toys, lead paints, etc.
Concerned Parent

Abbotsford, Canada

#6 Oct 2, 2008
dingocn wrote:
Yes correct !!!!
Your system.
I will say it again.
If American companies sell under their own brand name and subcontract to the Chinese they have a duty of care and are legally liable. Ask them why they are trying to cut Q.C corners for more profits. Try looking in your own back yard first.
<quoted text>
What a surprise! Your usual, predictable response: The CCP bears no responsibility for anything bad; even if it is in their jurisdiction and on their watch and even if it is extensively substantiated by proven facts. It is always the fault of some foreign enemy or another, and the guilty corrupt officials must always be blameless for "patriotic" reasons. Quality control applies to foreign companies and governments, but not to Chinese ones who have no duty of care and no legal liability.

That is very, very sad. When will Chinese people be free of this horrible system of lies?

An irresponsible and unaccountable government.
Mirolyuba's "criminal regime" is not an opinion, but a statement of fact. You prove that every time you dodge the issue this way. You are obviously a very loyal servant, but you do not even have a basic sense of justice or morality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shijiazhuang, China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Please Help Us! (Sep '14) Sep '14 Frances 1
News China airline sued for rejecting HIV carriers (Aug '14) Aug '14 Crush Em 2013 1
News Chambersburg teachers experience the Chinese ed... (Jul '14) Jul '14 RayH 1
Internet fraud (Jan '14) Jan '14 Dale 1
News Profile: Wang of China hit hard by inflation (Oct '13) Nov '13 CCP is USELESS an... 26
News As developed countries improve, the BRICs stumble (Oct '13) Oct '13 FREE CHINA NOW 11
News China hit with back to work anxiety blues (Oct '12) Oct '12 New China 2
More from around the web