China certifies first aircraft carrier pilots

There are 20 comments on the Free Republic story from Jul 4, 2013, titled China certifies first aircraft carrier pilots. In it, Free Republic reports that:

China has certified its first pilots deck crew for aircraft carrier operations following a 25-day training deployment by the nation's first aircraft carrier, the Liaoning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

First Prev
of 31
Next Last
Gary

Columbus, OH

#1 Jul 4, 2013
Okay, so China has just recently certified its first aircraft pilots ? America has been doing this for decades.
Gary

Columbus, OH

#2 Jul 4, 2013
Excuse me,it's first arcraft carrier pilots. America has been doing this for more than 70 years.
AZN

Toronto, Canada

#3 Jul 4, 2013
Gary wrote:
Excuse me,it's first arcraft carrier pilots. America has been doing this for more than 70 years.
Doesn't necessarily mean all American pilots are as good as Tom Cruise in Top Gun.
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#4 Jul 4, 2013
We had our first aircraft carrier 100 yrs ago, we are way ahead of China as far as number of ACs are concerned. But the Chinese with their info gathering and their superb use of high performance computers may have narrowed the gap on their design and construction of ACs. I like to see what the 2nd AC would look like. Don't listen to Gary, the man is full of misinformation. WE made our first flight takeoffs and landings on ACs 100 yrs ago. The Captains were certified then too. Captains not pilots. If you are talking about ppl who stear the ship or guide the ship they are called navigators.
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#5 Jul 4, 2013
The USS Langley was launched in 1912 and had its flight decks put in on 1920 and was commissioned in San Diego in 1922. We had ACs for a long long time.
Gary

Columbus, OH

#6 Jul 5, 2013
AZN wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't necessarily mean all American pilots are as good as Tom Cruise in Top Gun.
That's right ! They are better !
Gary

Columbus, OH

#7 Jul 5, 2013
Snowflake wrote:
The USS Langley was launched in 1912 and had its flight decks put in on 1920 and was commissioned in San Diego in 1922. We had ACs for a long long time.
You are part of the CCP's propaganda machine . America is #1 in AC warfare for some time to come.
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#8 Jul 5, 2013
I doubt that Gary is American, he sounds more like Miro from Canada. He said that America had ACs for only seventy yrs when actually we had them for over 100 yrs.
Gary

Columbus, OH

#9 Jul 5, 2013
Snowflake wrote:
I doubt that Gary is American, he sounds more like Miro from Canada. He said that America had ACs for only seventy yrs when actually we had them for over 100 yrs.
Did not write that. Re-read my post. I wrote , "at least 70 years". What does that mean ? It means "at least 70 years and maybe more".
The point is that America has plenty of Aircraft Carrier experience, including real warfare.
TehO

Concord, CA

#10 Jul 5, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>Did not write that. Re-read my post. I wrote , "at least 70 years". What does that mean ? It means "at least 70 years and maybe more".
The point is that America has plenty of Aircraft Carrier experience, including real warfare.
What's the point of aircraft carrier? High maintenance, looks intimidating but sitting duck to hypersonic/supersonic cruise or satallite ballistic anti-ship missiles.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#11 Jul 5, 2013
Gary, surely you must realise you are being trolled?

Smegflake/old jew claimed the4 US has been flying from carriers for over 100 years but also claims you laid your first carrier deck in 1920.

Do the math. He's bullshitting.

However you've been here long enough not to need to do the math.

Look at his screen name and location. That should also tell you he is lying.
amcummer

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jul 5, 2013
Gary wrote:
Okay, so China has just recently certified its first aircraft pilots ? America has been doing this for decades.
What's a aircraft carrier but a moving base so big and easy target for runway bombs the carrier aircrafts won't be able to land. There's nothing like having no enemy it saves you trillions of Yuans in procurements purchases operating cost and maintenance. A carrier can put a province in a big hole in their pockets.
Captain Ching Chong

Villejuif, France

#13 Jul 5, 2013
LMAO... they are just 70 years behind America on this one :p By the way, they still don't have any planes for the vessel :o
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#14 Jul 5, 2013
The pilots certified were flying the J15 that looks very similiar to the SU-33 not the SU-35.USA,France and Brazil, three countries with the most advanced landing and launching systems on an AC. China is behind but with this info gathering that we called hacking the playing level can be even out fast.
Gary

Columbus, OH

#15 Jul 5, 2013
I can read wrote:
Gary, surely you must realise you are being trolled?
Smegflake/old jew claimed the4 US has been flying from carriers for over 100 years but also claims you laid your first carrier deck in 1920.
Do the math. He's bullshitting.
However you've been here long enough not to need to do the math.
Look at his screen name and location. That should also tell you he is lying.
Yes,it's part of the professional propaganda game. Snowflake Smurf is trained by CCP as a professional provocateur to get me to hand out useful information for China's Ministry of State Security.
Gary

Columbus, OH

#16 Jul 5, 2013
amcummer wrote:
<quoted text> What's a aircraft carrier but a moving base so big and easy target for runway bombs the carrier aircrafts won't be able to land. There's nothing like having no enemy it saves you trillions of Yuans in procurements purchases operating cost and maintenance. A carrier can put a province in a big hole in their pockets.
I agree. Aircraft carriers in my opinion are designed for retro style military conflicts against lesser world powers. They don't have much place in hi-tech warfare.

America should put their dollars to better use.
amcummer

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Jul 5, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. Aircraft carriers in my opinion are designed for retro style military conflicts against lesser world powers. They don't have much place in hi-tech warfare.
America should put their dollars to better use.
I agree it is more effective to be used against lesser powers or a mediocre nasty offensive powers it is an equalizer of distant missions. You a china man?
Gary

Columbus, OH

#18 Jul 5, 2013
TehO wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the point of aircraft carrier? High maintenance, looks intimidating but sitting duck to hypersonic/supersonic cruise or satallite ballistic anti-ship missiles.
As you can see, I agree with you up to a point. They also can be a deterrent.
Gary

Columbus, OH

#19 Jul 5, 2013
TehO wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the point of aircraft carrier? High maintenance, looks intimidating but sitting duck to hypersonic/supersonic cruise or satallite ballistic anti-ship missiles.
Don't worry, the US is very capable.
amcummer

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Jul 5, 2013
Maybe china needs aircraft carrier to launch and project power in Asia, Africa or south America or even in north America. Who knows what goes on to the minds of the high IQ Chinese?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 31
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shenyang, China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News China non-standard pressure vessel market value... Apr 14 Rose Henderson 1
News 5 Money-Saving Tips For Visiting China Feb '15 RayH 1
News China Obliged by Its 'Internet Sovereignty' Pol... Dec '14 TehO 2
News What we know about North Korea's cyberarmy Dec '14 TehO 4
News Proposed China rail expansions to stretch throu... (Jun '13) Dec '14 Muhammedkaly 8
How to improve spoken English? Dec '14 Pavel Sun 1
News China buries more than 400 Korean War dead retu... (Oct '14) Oct '14 RayH 1
More from around the web