China slams Dalai Lama in government report

Sep 25, 2008 Full story: Slam Sports 165

China issued a government report Thursday praising its rule over Tibet and accusing the Dalai Lama of wanting to restore a backward feudal system in the Himalayan region.

Full Story
Leonard

Beaverton, OR

#155 Oct 1, 2008
dingocn wrote:
On this issue I agree with you. I would much rather see those pictures taken down and replaced with Deng Xiaoping.
It urks me to see him held up as a hero. However, I think the population is slowly finding out about the past. I think also there is a time and place for China to face it's history. I don't think that time is now for many reasons.
The Chinese people are only just finding their voice and pride in themselves. I think it is premature to go through all that now.
However I do hope in my time to see Mo's portrait replaced by Deng who I feel is the real hero of China.
There is no doubt that Mao took a fragmented country and united it. However, the question is, at what cost.
<quoted text>
very interesting! thanks!
Veritas

Toronto, Canada

#156 Oct 1, 2008
Runaway1956 wrote:
Fact is, Tibet was a feudal system under the Dahlia Lamas. The feudal system says that EVERYONE is a slave or a servant of those few (very damned few) who claim to be aristocracy, or priests.
What little backward medical care was available in Tibet was certainly not wasted on the slaves - while a few very valued servants who had proven their worth MIGHT get some cursory attention.
Schooling? As near as I can determine, it didnīt exist outside the monastery, where all the schooling was geared toward teaching people to worship the DL.
The DL has a lot in common with the little demigod who rules North Korea.(Now THERE is a great idea - why doesnīt China take over North Korea, and eliminate all the nonsense that comes out of that region?!?)
I should make it clear here: I DO NOT SUPPORT THE CHINESE GOVERNMENT. My eyes are open to the atrocities committed by Mao, and the communist party. However, communism is a lesser evil than the sort of repression practiced in Tibet, in the name of some religious figurehead.
The DL oppressed people in the most miserable conditions, for his own benefit. Communism oppressed people in far less miserable conditions, to achieve a goal. We might argue forever about how good or how bad that goal is, and whether that goal might ever be reached, but the INTENTIONS of communism are far loftier than anything the DL ever dreamed of.
Pick your poison. Religous oppression, or political oppresion.
Blind peoples' eyes are open too!
Leonard

Beaverton, OR

#157 Oct 1, 2008
dingocn wrote:
You are talking about Monasteries not hospitals or schools which were non existent. If they had hospitals I wonder how you explain that the average life span was 31 years and over almost 70 now.
There was almost no medical care or education. Certainly none for the slaves of the monks.
No doubt there was injustice by the Chinese. Those were different times. Read about the amputations and eye gouging by our gentle monks when the slaves dared steal food.
I do not dispute that it was a barbarous time.
What I object too is the empty heads that try to make out that life under the monks was some kind of paradise. It was anything but.
What I object too is that the empty heads never ask the DL to explain why such cruelty existed under the monks. I do not blame the current DL who was too young but why are they never questioned about the abject cruelty under their system.
<quoted text>
i never said there were hospitals in Tibet in the late 1940s or early 1950s

yes most all life in Tibet was centered around Mahayana Buddhism and the monasteries were very important in this regard, much schooling, debate, philosophy, etc took place in this regard.

Tibet had great art, writing, some amazing libraries, and the list goes on and on

your beliefs in this entry are a little bit of a train wreck so I'm not going to take the time to straighten it all out,

you say "No doubt there was injustice by the Chinese" That is the understatement of the century
Leonard

Beaverton, OR

#158 Oct 1, 2008
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
He don't have says it, it is!
Because the UN says so and you own govt say so!
And what are you going to do about it.
Go NAKED and say YOU RATHER BE NAKED THEN WEAR CLOTHING MADE IN CHINA like those animal activist!
Tibet is currently part of China but there is no way you can call China's take over of Tibet legitimate-----that is horrendously incorrect and would show you know nothing about the history in this regard
Veritas

Toronto, Canada

#159 Oct 1, 2008
The FACT that studends died and not how many (Kent State) shows what the government will act to maintain Law and Order. Which government is not there for self-preservation? For if the studends in Kent State were in tens of thousands or black students in 100's of thousands....I'd like to see how the American government would respond then. Even insteand of a Million Black Man March included violent, anti-peace march, I'd like to see how the American government respond.

Don't kid yourself.
Leonard

Beaverton, OR

#160 Oct 1, 2008
Runaway1956 wrote:
Fact is, Tibet was a feudal system under the Dahlia Lamas. The feudal system says that EVERYONE is a slave or a servant of those few (very damned few) who claim to be aristocracy, or priests.
What little backward medical care was available in Tibet was certainly not wasted on the slaves - while a few very valued servants who had proven their worth MIGHT get some cursory attention.
Schooling? As near as I can determine, it didnīt exist outside the monastery, where all the schooling was geared toward teaching people to worship the DL.
The DL has a lot in common with the little demigod who rules North Korea.(Now THERE is a great idea - why doesnīt China take over North Korea, and eliminate all the nonsense that comes out of that region?!?)
I should make it clear here: I DO NOT SUPPORT THE CHINESE GOVERNMENT. My eyes are open to the atrocities committed by Mao, and the communist party. However, communism is a lesser evil than the sort of repression practiced in Tibet, in the name of some religious figurehead.
The DL oppressed people in the most miserable conditions, for his own benefit. Communism oppressed people in far less miserable conditions, to achieve a goal. We might argue forever about how good or how bad that goal is, and whether that goal might ever be reached, but the INTENTIONS of communism are far loftier than anything the DL ever dreamed of.
Pick your poison. Religous oppression, or political oppresion.
DL and Kim Jong Ill have a lot in common---OMG! Well, you are entitled to your beliefs

you say "communism is a lesser evil than the sort of repression practiced in Tibet" Oh no!! Tibet was a Buddhist nation and was not provoking China in the slightest. China had no legitimate reason whatsoever to invade Tibet

you do have a few decent points

your entry here is a moderate train wreck--sorry
I know alot about Tibet and some of your views and opinions are a million miles away and so distorted
5mao in da club

Barby, Germany

#161 Oct 1, 2008
you have to understand that the CCP only wanted to liberate the tibetans from the evil slavemasters. just like the USA only invaded iraq to bring democracy to the people and liberate them from the dictator.
Trevor Swistchew

Coatbridge, UK

#162 Oct 1, 2008
Runaway1956 wrote:
Fact is, Tibet was a feudal system under the Dahlia Lamas. The feudal system says that EVERYONE is a slave or a servant of those few (very damned few) who claim to be aristocracy, or priests.
What little backward medical care was available in Tibet was certainly not wasted on the slaves - while a few very valued servants who had proven their worth MIGHT get some cursory attention.
Schooling? As near as I can determine, it didnīt exist outside the monastery, where all the schooling was geared toward teaching people to worship the DL.
The DL has a lot in common with the little demigod who rules North Korea.(Now THERE is a great idea - why doesnīt China take over North Korea, and eliminate all the nonsense that comes out of that region?!?)
I should make it clear here: I DO NOT SUPPORT THE CHINESE GOVERNMENT. My eyes are open to the atrocities committed by Mao, and the communist party. However, communism is a lesser evil than the sort of repression practiced in Tibet, in the name of some religious figurehead.
The DL oppressed people in the most miserable conditions, for his own benefit. Communism oppressed people in far less miserable conditions, to achieve a goal. We might argue forever about how good or how bad that goal is, and whether that goal might ever be reached, but the INTENTIONS of communism are far loftier than anything the DL ever dreamed of.
Pick your poison. Religous oppression, or political oppresion.
What a load of rubbish to compare the Dalai Lama with tyrant from Korea you know nothing of Buddhas teaching if you lie to people about Dalai Lama.He was 16 when China invaded he was young and little experience in politics China murdered many people in Tibet and tried to destroy the religion.^000 monasteries were ruined and CHINA stole millions of pounds in gold image from Tibet .Peaceful Liberation?Go learn about history of China the Murderer of the east.CCP trolls no even guts to tell people their name.CCP are thief who rule with iron fist.
Cili Padi

Klang, Malaysia

#163 Oct 1, 2008
Trevor Swistchew wrote:
<quoted text>Go learn about history of China the Murderer of the east.CCP trolls no even guts to tell people their name.CCP are thief who rule with iron fist.
Trevor Swistchew learned history of CCP from his ancient Buddhist scriptures from past when India is not even call India.
Trevor Swistchew is bigtime liar!
He chant history from his prayer-history book!
Leonard

Beaverton, OR

#164 Oct 1, 2008
Trevor Swistchew wrote:
<quoted text>What a load of rubbish to compare the Dalai Lama with tyrant from Korea you know nothing of Buddhas teaching if you lie to people about Dalai Lama.He was 16 when China invaded he was young and little experience in politics China murdered many people in Tibet and tried to destroy the religion.^000 monasteries were ruined and CHINA stole millions of pounds in gold image from Tibet .Peaceful Liberation?Go learn about history of China the Murderer of the east.CCP trolls no even guts to tell people their name.CCP are thief who rule with iron fist.
you are absolutely right on and I know it for a fact!

I'm glad you are speaking up and being honest
Veritas

Toronto, Canada

#165 Oct 1, 2008
talk about the blind leading the blind....or

shall I say, the moron leading the moron?

Since: Sep 08

Foreman, AR

#166 Oct 2, 2008
Trevor Swistchew wrote:
<quoted text>What a load of rubbish to compare the Dalai Lama with tyrant from Korea you know nothing of Buddhas teaching if you lie to people about Dalai Lama.He was 16 when China invaded he was young and little experience in politics China murdered many people in Tibet and tried to destroy the religion.^000 monasteries were ruined and CHINA stole millions of pounds in gold image from Tibet .Peaceful Liberation?Go learn about history of China the Murderer of the east.CCP trolls no even guts to tell people their name.CCP are thief who rule with iron fist.
Fine. Just point me to a list of hospitals that catered to the peasants, prior to the Chinese invasion. Mental health centers? Schools? Show me something?

That 16 year old boy you mention was the inheritor and caretaker of an ages old system that was designed to oppress the peasants.

If you can show me some of the DLīs social work, maybe I will change my mind. Show me. Barring any institutions established for the betterment (or even the maintenance) of the slave/peasant/serf class, I wonīt be changing my opinion real soon.

Since: Mar 08

Pompano Beach, FL

#168 Oct 2, 2008
Trevor Swistchew wrote:
<quoted text>What a load of rubbish to compare the Dalai Lama with tyrant from Korea you know nothing of Buddhas teaching if you lie to people about Dalai Lama.He was 16 when China invaded he was young and little experience in politics China murdered many people in Tibet and tried to destroy the religion.^000 monasteries were ruined and CHINA stole millions of pounds in gold image from Tibet .Peaceful Liberation?Go learn about history of China the Murderer of the east.CCP trolls no even guts to tell people their name.CCP are thief who rule with iron fist.
Does anyone sense the inconsistency in the writing quality here? Looks like someone is faking it hard. Lol.
Leonard

Beaverton, OR

#169 Oct 2, 2008
Runaway1956 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine. Just point me to a list of hospitals that catered to the peasants, prior to the Chinese invasion. Mental health centers? Schools? Show me something?
That 16 year old boy you mention was the inheritor and caretaker of an ages old system that was designed to oppress the peasants.
If you can show me some of the DLīs social work, maybe I will change my mind. Show me. Barring any institutions established for the betterment (or even the maintenance) of the slave/peasant/serf class, I wonīt be changing my opinion real soon.
your point is moot as you are talking about the late 1940s and early 1950s in a remote area

there were many parts of america that had no mental health infrastructure at that time

also Tibet was a different culture so your assumption that they should have had McDonalds, KFC, JC Penny, etc at the time is ridiculous.

Tibet would have modernized anyway
Leonard

Beaverton, OR

#170 Oct 2, 2008
Runaway1956 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine. Just point me to a list of hospitals that catered to the peasants, prior to the Chinese invasion. Mental health centers? Schools? Show me something?
That 16 year old boy you mention was the inheritor and caretaker of an ages old system that was designed to oppress the peasants.
If you can show me some of the DLīs social work, maybe I will change my mind. Show me. Barring any institutions established for the betterment (or even the maintenance) of the slave/peasant/serf class, I wonīt be changing my opinion real soon.
You want evidence of Dalai Lama's social work? Oh my!

He has done all he can to keep his culture alive and intact.....which has slowly been a failure per the Chinese.

He has traveled all over the world teaching compassion, peace, etc. He has won the Nobel Peace Prize, written many books all on peaceful oriented topics, etc, etc, etc

He has done more to promote peace, Buddhism, compassion wisdom, etc than 99.99 percent of all the other people on the planet
Veritas

Toronto, Canada

#171 Oct 2, 2008
Zsari wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone sense the inconsistency in the writing quality here? Looks like someone is faking it hard. Lol.
If his proficiency in English is any indication, he is practicing for his next badly tainted karma filled life....that of a retard.
Cili Padi

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#173 Oct 4, 2008
Leonard wrote:
<quoted text>
your poinculous.
Tibet would have modernized anyway
A Fool point of view. Very short sighted!

Relax; something crazy here like you!

Topless saleswomen are legal in Liverpool , England - but only in tropical fish stores.
Cili Padi

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#174 Oct 4, 2008
Wannabee pervert like Leonard would silently wished for this in this crazy world of his!

In Cali, Colombia, a woman may only have sex with her husband, and the first time this happens, her mother must be in the room to witness the act.
Cili Padi

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#175 Oct 4, 2008
And this!

In Santa Cruz , Bolivia ,
it is illegal for a man to have sex with a woman and her daughter at the same time.
Cili Padi

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#176 Oct 4, 2008
Especially dedicate to Leonard!

Turtles can breathe through their butts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lhasa, China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Jim Crow alive and well in Tibet?: guest opi... Jan 6 global gaza 5
Dalai Lama nephew walks 900 miles to NYC for Tibet (Apr '09) Nov '14 Russian Ainu 28
Tibet Will Gain Free Thinking Nov '14 Friend of all 1
Chinese military promotes Tibet paramilitary un... Nov '14 Friend of all 13
Tibet honors outstanding doctors Nov '14 Friend of all 1
China destroys the ancient Buddhist symbols of ... (Dec '13) Nov '14 Friend of all 16
'Plundering Tibet' won the best film award at D... Nov '14 Friend of all 3
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:49 am PST