Demonizing - and idealizing - Tibet

Demonizing - and idealizing - Tibet

There are 67 comments on the Tricycle story from Jul 18, 2010, titled Demonizing - and idealizing - Tibet. In it, Tricycle reports that:

Posted by James Shaheen in : Buddhism , Dalai Lama , History , Politics , Tibetan Buddhism , Tricycle , trackback Nate DeMontigny at Precious Metal alerts us to an interesting article by spiked editor Brendan O'Neill. Writing from inside Tibet, O'Neill, no fan of the Dalai Lama's, finds himself nonetheless defending the Tibetan spiritual leader ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tricycle.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Trevor Swistchew

Alexandria, UK

#66 May 27, 2011
uncle fargo wrote:
<quoted text>There have been numerous postings here by me and others about the CIA involvement over the four years I have been coming on to this forum. There have been numerous occasions you have blaintly lied over those four years turd, so cut the bullshit. If you do as you now profess want honesty then post the list of governments how agree with you and the deli liar about the "invasion" of Tibet. Walk in love and harm noone. Try that yourself and stop lying. Or do you believe your lies hurt no one? Turd.
Fargo you as well as other folk here say Tibet was never independent you say folk in Tibet were slaves you say the quality of life has got lot fairer you say that Tibet was never seen by any other nation in the world as ever being noot part of China i will never again argue with you on what cant be proven for nations want to exploit China and will shut their mouth to gain favour
Human rights in China or any of its territory do not exist
their is no human constitution in China or in its areas of CCP power
CCP do not accept question of their law nor do they want other nation making any trouble
China is a one psrty nation where jail is for any who question the proof gathered by Amnesty and others is massive
China law is gun law and means that power is geath NOT life
China has to learn that human rights far exceed the minority CCP ass kissers who play at leading China
niot one of them is worth the job for they are collective of law haters and life takers
if they deny it let them change and learn to love China and NOT harm the folk there whop question how they live
think what you like say what you like i will question any man or woman who thinks they have a right to jail folk who question unlike you i am not interested in winning point i am omly trying to let folk know that NO MAN has any right in law or otherwise to oppress others for their own reasons
yopou are not a democrat it is obvious taht you love dictator
go right on it is you who follows the path of human slavery

“CCP Troll”

Since: Nov 08

Hebei, China

#67 May 27, 2011
Trevor Swistchew wrote:
<quoted text>Fargo you as well as other folk here say Tibet was never independent you say folk in Tibet were slaves you say the quality of life has got lot fairer you say that Tibet was never seen by any other nation in the world as ever being noot part of China i will never again argue with you on what cant be proven for nations want to exploit China and will shut their mouth to gain favour
Human rights in China or any of its territory do not exist
their is no human constitution in China or in its areas of CCP power
CCP do not accept question of their law nor do they want other nation making any trouble
China is a one psrty nation where jail is for any who question the proof gathered by Amnesty and others is massive
China law is gun law and means that power is geath NOT life
China has to learn that human rights far exceed the minority CCP ass kissers who play at leading China
niot one of them is worth the job for they are collective of law haters and life takers
if they deny it let them change and learn to love China and NOT harm the folk there whop question how they live
think what you like say what you like i will question any man or woman who thinks they have a right to jail folk who question unlike you i am not interested in winning point i am omly trying to let folk know that NO MAN has any right in law or otherwise to oppress others for their own reasons
yopou are not a democrat it is obvious taht you love dictator
go right on it is you who follows the path of human slavery
I'm still waiting after four years for the list of countries. I've had numerous lies as replys but never a simple list? I am having a discussion with several Indians on another thread about them being 100% liars. Turd, are you an Indian be any chance?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#68 May 27, 2011
For a thousand years Ireland was part of the United Kingdom and no country recognized Ireland as an independent nation.
By Uncle Fargo logic the UK should have used as much force as possible,killed as Irish as needed to keep Ireland a part of the UK in stead of granting granting Ireland its independent in 1920

“CCP Troll”

Hebei, China

#69 May 27, 2011
californio wrote:
For a thousand years Ireland was part of the United Kingdom and no country recognized Ireland as an independent nation.
By Uncle Fargo logic the UK should have used as much force as possible,killed as Irish as needed to keep Ireland a part of the UK in stead of granting granting Ireland its independent in 1920
You are not much of a student of history so be careful of your "facts". So "Ireland" didn't need force to keep it part of "The Empire" before independence? Now tell us about the six counties.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#70 May 27, 2011
uncle fargo wrote:
<quoted text>You are not much of a student of history so be careful of your "facts". So "Ireland" didn't need force to keep it part of "The Empire" before independence? Now tell us about the six counties.
I am quit aware that the Irish revolted often in their history against the UK and used much force to keep Ireland part of the UK.
And the UK was on the wrong side when it used force to keep Ireland part of the UK.

“CCP Troll”

Hebei, China

#71 May 27, 2011
californio wrote:
<quoted text> I am quit aware that the Irish revolted often in their history against the UK and used much force to keep Ireland part of the UK.
And the UK was on the wrong side when it used force to keep Ireland part of the UK.
Right Side, Wrong Side? Right religion, wrong religion, right country, wrong country? History has no sides until we look back. What you need to remember is that the crown of england was appointed by god to rule by vertue of their royal blood! Or some such bullshit. You are in which country? Five will get you ten it is because there is a right and wrong "side"! And I know you will be on the "right side"!
old china

Chengdu, China

#73 May 27, 2011
californio wrote:
Actually, N.Ireland has been part of the UK (Great Britain) for less time than Tibet has been part of China. Conquest by Oliver Crowmwell, 1649-1653. N.Ireland still is part of the UK. And yes, as many Irish as necessary were killed to achieve that status. The reason why the South won their independence is that they weren't worth the cost of continuing the occupation with the civil war and no tax revenue coming in. The North, on the other hand were less trouble than the Catholic South because they are mainly Protestant so sympathetic to the British. The Protestants are not seeking independance and hold the balance of power in the N.Ireland government.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lhasa, China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News After long freedom struggle, Tibetans still see... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Learn prior to ta... 1
News Is Jim Crow alive and well in Tibet?: guest opi... (Nov '14) Feb '15 Learn prior to ta... 6
News Dalai Lama nephew walks 900 miles to NYC for Tibet (Apr '09) Nov '14 Russian Ainu 28
Tibet Will Gain Free Thinking (Nov '14) Nov '14 Friend of all 1
News Chinese military promotes Tibet paramilitary un... (Oct '14) Nov '14 Friend of all 13
News Tibet honors outstanding doctors (Nov '14) Nov '14 Friend of all 1
News China destroys the ancient Buddhist symbols of ... (Dec '13) Nov '14 Friend of all 16
More from around the web