China Bans Foreign Tourists From Tibet

Full story: ABC News

FILE - In this June 20, 2009 file photo, crowds are reflected in water in front of the Potala Palace... FILE - In this June 20, 2009 file photo, crowds are reflected in water in front of the Potala Palace in Lhasa, the capital of Tibet, China.
Comments
1 - 20 of 71 Comments Last updated Apr 21, 2011
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Guess who

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

What makes Tibetan silver so Light?
GlobeSon

New Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Judged:

It is surprising that they didn't ban foriegn tourists for the beijing olympics
Uyghur Chinese

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Judged:

They don't have to waste time to ban poor Indian like you. You have no money and capability to attend Olympics.
Mirolyuba

Port Moody, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Uyghur Chinese wrote:
They don't have to waste time to ban poor Indian like you. You have no money and capability to attend Olympics.
But you have no permission from the CCP Cadres who own you to attend the Olympics.
Uyghur Chinese

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Mirolyuba wrote:
<quoted text>
But you have no permission from the CCP Cadres who own you to attend the Olympics.
I don't need permission, you, stupid Taiwanese. I am Chinese enjoying rights to watch Olympics, and even work as volunteers if I want. You know, Bird nest, and Water cube are really cool&#65281;
Infosharing

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

I don't understand why some people in the west keeps telling people that the Chinese government bans foreign tourists from visiting Tibet (by refusing visa applications). But many people I know directly and indirectly visited Tibet before and after the riot of March 14, 2008. It is true that Tibet tour was suspended after the riot, but the Chinese government resumed issuing visiting visas in June 2008.

The Tibet separatists groups and sympathizers in North America and Europe repeated the same lies once a while. T, Leonard, and Tenzin did just that in this forum. But if Tibet was closed to tourists and was under martial law, my friends and former colleagues wouldn't have seen Tibet themselves recently.

Now, some people say that Tibet will be closed again. Why the Chinese government does that? After March 14, 2008, it was closed, but Tibet was reopened promptly for visitors in a short time to earn tourist money which is vital to job creation and to the survival of businesses there.

Don't forgot that the Chinese government has invited senior British officials to visit Tibet early this month. If the Chinese government doesn't want any foreigner to see Tibet in reality, why should the Chinese government invited the British officials?
old china

Chengdu, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Foreigners who already have permits and visas to visit Tibet over the National holiday period can still do so. They are just not issuing any more at the moment. But then the issuance of all visas to China have been reported stopped/reduced for the national celebrations, not just Tibet.
old china

Chengdu, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Uyghur Chinese wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need permission, you, stupid Taiwanese. I am Chinese enjoying rights to watch Olympics, and even work as volunteers if I want. You know, Bird nest, and Water cube are really cool&#65281;
I agree. The promenade outside the Nest and the Cube are a great place to visit particularly at night when they are lit up. Now a piece of modern Chinese culture and a credit to China.
GlobeSon

New Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

Judged:

Infosharing wrote:
Don't forgot that the Chinese government has invited senior British officials to visit Tibet early this month. If the Chinese government doesn't want any foreigner to see Tibet in reality, why should the Chinese government invited the British officials?
Why are they seeking British certification? If you believe everything is fine, you don't need to go around convincing others...right?

Or do you feel a certificate from your white masters is necessary?
GlobeSon

New Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

Judged:

Infosharing wrote:
I don't understand why some people in the west keeps telling people that the Chinese government bans foreign tourists from visiting Tibet (by refusing visa applications).
Yes, i agree. Tibet is open for foreign visitors between 5:00 pm and 5:45 pm
Wise Sage

Shenyang, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

Judged:

Anyway China can do whatever it wants in it's own country. China doesn't tell other countries how to run it's affairs. Why do you have to care what another country does? Do you have some plan to visit Tibet or something?
GlobeSon

New Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

Uyghur Chinese wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need permission, you, stupid Taiwanese. I am Chinese enjoying rights to watch Olympics, and even work as volunteers if I want.
wow, did you get permission to see the Olympics on television?
yikeweicao

Zhengzhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

GlobeSon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are they seeking British certification? If you believe everything is fine, you don't need to go around convincing others...right?
Or do you feel a certificate from your white masters is necessary?
If the Chinese goverment don't seeking foreign certification,you said it's not open!But when they seeking British certification ,you said it's not fine.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

GlobeSon wrote:
<quoted text>
that might had been censored too
Uyghur Chinese

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

GlobeSon wrote:
<quoted text>
You Indian have to get permission to see Olympics? wow, a so called "demoncratic " coutry is a big joke. You damn> I ordered tickets for Olympic online, and watched one game in Water cube. Stupid Indian think we Chinese live in Indian-like slums.
GlobeSon

New Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

Uyghur Chinese wrote:
<quoted text>
You Indian have to get permission to see Olympics? wow, a so called "demoncratic " coutry is a big joke. You damn> I ordered tickets for Olympic online, and watched one game in Water cube. Stupid Indian think we Chinese live in Indian-like slums.
wow! So you order tickets online, and watch the Olympics online ?!

great! Hope you enjoyed that

Did you mean the chinese live in very special slums, unlike the Indian slums?
Uyghur Chinese

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

GlobeSon wrote:
<quoted text>
wow! So you order tickets online, and watch the Olympics online ?!
great! Hope you enjoyed that
Did you mean the chinese live in very special slums, unlike the Indian slums?
Don't you live in 50 years old? You live in Indian having no such great internet service like China. Did I tell u I watch olympic online? Many foreigners ordered tickets online in their own countries, then went to China during Olympics. You are really dumb, no wonder you live in slums knowing nothing about internet service. Not just that, I bought many things online from Taobao.. A lot of Chinese buy stuffs online too. Open your eyes, We live in modern society.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

Uyghur Chinese wrote:
<quoted text>
We live in modern society.
modern society where on every 4th of june internet goes off
Uyghur Chinese

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

equiliz3r wrote:
<quoted text>
modern society where on every 4th of june internet goes off
you must be brainwashed in India, don't you? I can only value what you said only if you live in China on even 4th of June. Wait a minute,as I living in China on every 4th of June, I can tell you I am entitled to say what you said is false
Mirolyuba

Port Moody, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

Uyghur Chinese wrote:
<quoted text>
"Chinese enjoying rights" is an oxymoron, stupid.

Were you actually allowed to see the empty buildings from a safe distance?

Lucky serf!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lhasa, China Discussions

Search the Lhasa, China Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
China plans railway to India, Nepal borders by ... Jul 26 Indian turd monkey 11
Remembering Tibet as an independent nation in Asia Jun '14 McQuan 93
Do not forget the other side of China and Tibet May '14 RayH 20
Westward march of Chinese Dragon in Eurasia Mar '14 mICHEAL 3
Heavy security is the new normal in China's Tibet (Mar '10) Mar '14 JustAGreaseSpotNow 324
China destroys the ancient Buddhist symbols of ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Storm Warning 8
Meet China's Jack Kerouac - By Rachel Lu (Nov '13) Nov '13 Sheikh Voodoo 1
•••
•••