Exiled Tibetans elect political heir

Apr 27, 2011 Full story: The Star 9

Tibetan exiles elected a Harvard law scholar as their political leader, who is likely to bring in a more radical government-in-exile to challenge China after the Dalai Lama moved to relinquish his political role.

Full Story
Mirolyuba

Vancouver, Canada

#1 Apr 27, 2011
Nice to see that the government of Tibet has LEGITIMATE leaders to challenge the Chinese Communist Party Leninist colonizers/occupiers of Tibet!
master of fate

Secaucus, NJ

#2 Apr 27, 2011
Indeed, it is great news for the Tibetans.

But, isn't it is a crying shame that 1.3 billion people still live under the opressive tyranny of authoritarianism?What a sad sight ! What a cruel fate !What a pathetic plight !

But, believe it or not, this is not fate, not least the Chinese people's. It is very much with in the hands of the Chinese people to rewrite their destiny. Only if they could gather some courage and offer some resistance !

So, is there anything in the Chinese medicine for courage ???

Since: Dec 09

Islamabad, Pakistan

#3 Apr 28, 2011
This mentality shows how US creates problems in other countries.....
Being Honest

Edmonton, Canada

#4 Apr 28, 2011
The Free Tibet Movement represent only the former slaver owners/landlords in exile. These aristocrats of old Tibet were the minorities back then.

The majority before 1959 were serfs and slaves who were cruelly abused by their aristocratic overlords. Luckily, these slave owners were ousted by the majority in 1959 and they escaped to India.

So the Free Tibet Movvement can only represent their own interest of restoring their priveleges, but they never represent those of the freed serfs and slaves whose life improves remarkably after liberation.

But many politicians in the west try to tell the world these former slave abusers were good guys and were fighting for all Tibetans. See the distortion?
Being Honest

Edmonton, Canada

#5 Apr 28, 2011
Something was wrong with my PC. It got stuck and I pressed the Return Key several times.

Sorry for repeating the same post.
Mirolyuba

Vancouver, Canada

#6 Apr 28, 2011
Everyone in CCP China today is a "slave and serf" of the Chinese Communist Party dictatorship!

So how is THAT an IMPROVEMENT?

Their lives "have improved so much" that they HATE and DESPISE the CCP regime and only a MILITARY OCCUPATION prevents open revolt?

See your stupid CCP lies?
John

Alexandria, Australia

#7 Apr 28, 2011
Mirolyuba wrote:
Everyone in CCP China today is a "slave and serf" of the Chinese Communist Party dictatorship!
So how is THAT an IMPROVEMENT?
Their lives "have improved so much" that they HATE and DESPISE the CCP regime and only a MILITARY OCCUPATION prevents open revolt?
See your stupid CCP lies?
People are wearing a bit thin with your outpouring of utter garbage. I have visited China lately.I was talking to many Westerners residing in China, they seems to be happy. Many of them prefer to stay in China than their own country as they find more freedom in China than the West. Of course old henchmen of slave drivers like you have lost many privilages. Rightly so, Dalai and his cliques are the big losers in China.
paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#8 Aug 18, 2011
..GOOD..GREAT....But,everythin g on beloved Tibet...is Censored,here....eh...

“"live and let live"”

Since: May 11

Delhi, India

#9 Aug 18, 2011
but tibetans in china enjoyed more freedom then their counterparts in india. in china tibetans gals didnt got bang when they go out in the market. but in india everyday more then 1000s of them got bang everyday. i dont have the video link, but when the tibetans were protesting in front of chinese embassy in new delhi before 2008 beijing olympics , many guys just come and molest them and the was a clip also which was shown in times now india news channel a guy pulling a tibetans gal on her hair when she was protesting in chinese embassy, the policemen insted of helping the gal hit the gal with a lathi a she was bleeding so bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lhasa, China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chinese military promotes Tibet paramilitary un... Oct 17 Streetrunner 7
A Tale of Tibet Oct 16 Eduardo 4
China plans railway to India, Nepal borders by ... Oct 14 Friend of all 27
How Two Tibetan Musicians Created a Novel and F... Oct 14 Friend of all 1
Prominent Tibetan Figure Detained in China (Apr '08) Oct 11 Friend of all 185
China targets Tibet artists, intellectuals: report (Jun '10) Oct 9 Friend of all 70
Westward march of Chinese Dragon in Eurasia (Mar '14) Oct 9 Friend of all 4

Lhasa, China People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE