Thank you Beijing, you are in my heart.

Thank you Beijing, you are in my heart.

Posted in the Beijing, China Forum

Amit

Bangalore, India

#1 Aug 15, 2012
Yesterday I returned to India, after a 6 year continuous stint in Beijing. I cried like an idiot before leaving, and I'm still in tears.

As a brown skinned Indian who is typically looked down upon by the rest of the world, I was extremely worried when I was preparing to set foot outside my country. I was concerned about racial discrimination, mockery and similar things because of my total ignorance.

After 6 years, I can safely say that Beijing is one of the most EPICLY kick-ass places for any nationality, including us Indians. The people are warm, friendly, courteous, a bit aggressive (in a very good way) and also a bit whacky - all the signs of belonging to a super alpha-city. It's difficult to find boring people in Beijing - it's a crazy city that's on the move 24/7! and I loved every bit of it.

Beijing taught me to work hard, and party harder. I learnt to work in a fast paced environment, with amazing folks, in an amazing culture, but still have great fun. I learnt to live an alpha-city life without getting burnt out. Beijing also taught me to break dance, sing properly in karaoke's, and live and breathe the ticker tape!:P

I will miss the incredible food, the clubs scene, my AWESOME AWESOME colleagues, my crazy Chinese friends who managed to teach me both Mandarin and Cantonese in spite of my horrible accent, my landlady, who is one of the kindest people I know, given that she excused me a full month's rent when I was in financial trouble (2008).....I could go on, but it's too overwhelming to summarize.

I hope to return someday, I don't think I can stay away for too long.

Beijing, wo jue de ni fei chang piao lian, wǒ ài nǐ!
Bo Knows

United States

#2 Aug 21, 2012
Sure are happy to see that darkie go!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beijing, China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
USD to be made Jun 23 Vincent 1
News China's Xi highlights Serbia trade as Beijing s... Jun 18 Strahd 2
Do you think GOD HERE Jun 8 RAIN WILL NOT STO... 1
Dangerous waters Jun 8 Got over dume is ... 1
nba basketball May 30 elite recruiting 1
News Fear of a Chinese Planet? (Dec '06) May '16 Go Blue Forever 5,953
News 25 years on, no fading of Tiananmen wounds, ideals (May '14) May '16 Go Blue Forever 105
More from around the web