China denies visa for former Norwegian prime minister to attend religious meeting

Full story: The Washington Post

Kjell Magne Bondevik, whose term in office ended in 2005, was to have been a moderator of the World Council of Churches meeting this week in Nanjing.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
deng

Zhenjiang, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

The Norwegian Nobel Committee awarded the 2010 prize to imprisoned dissident Liu Xiaobo and has repeatedly called for his freedom. He is serving an 11-year prison sentence for advocating democratic reforms and China has denounced his sympathizers as supporting a criminal.

THE "DISSIDENTS" MAIN BEEF WAS TO IMPLEMENT THE "REFORM" OF THE CHINA BANKING STRUCTURE THUS GIVING DE FACTO CONTROL TO THE WALL STREET BANKERS OF CHINA'S FINANCIAL SYSTEM.
Dan USA

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

Come now Deng. Do you really support such barbaric measures as prison for political activity?
semprul

Beijing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

EGP
BEIJING IS MERCIFUL

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Norwegians are being punished because a few dumb ones made a bad call. If they kowtow long enough, Beijing may be merciful and grant some of the innocent Norwegians a visa to visit China as long as they keep their noses clean and stay out of trouble.
Dan USA

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Beijing is merely a footnote when it comes to what the Chinese will ultimately do with their government. And the wonderous changes ahead are just a matter of time. This is not to say Communism will be deleted, but revised according to the demands of Chinese Americans. Hopefully some of you younger will live enough to see this. For the process has already begun.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••