Jet With 114 Aboard Crashes in Camero...

Jet With 114 Aboard Crashes in Cameroon

There are 2 comments on the The Associated Press story from May 5, 2007, titled Jet With 114 Aboard Crashes in Cameroon . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

“Generally, other governments don't have the same accident investigation expertise that we have”

A Kenya Airways jet with 114 people on board crashed early Saturday after sending out a distress signal over a remote rainforest in southern Cameroon, officials said. Nearby villagers reported hearing a loud boom.

The jet bound for the Kenyan capital, Nairobi, went down near the town of Lolodorf, about 155 miles south of the coastal city of Douala, where it took off after midnight during a thunderstorm.

There was no word on survivors. Search planes were flying over the forested area where the airliner gave off a distress signal, but no wreckage had been spotted, said Alex Bayeck, a regional communications officer. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

“up to no good”

Since: Apr 07

Los Angeles

#1 May 5, 2007
Loud BOOM, no wreckage. I tell you it's an Alien Abduction.
John Major

United States

#2 May 6, 2007
Pay my round trip expenses and I'll go find it for you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yaounde, Cameroon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yaounde Music Forum (Nov '12) Feb '16 Musikologist 12
how to create shipping websites with tracking (Aug '15) Aug '15 peter 1
News French researchers find new strain of HIV virus... (Aug '09) Dec '14 azeez 7
News Reunification: revisiting the Foumban deliberat... (Feb '14) Dec '14 dango64 2
News Cameroon frees 7 accused of breaking anti-gay law (Oct '14) Oct '14 Belle Sexton 2
News Cameroon: Chinese Workers Abandon Construction ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Joe linda 2
News A video released by the Nigerian Islamist extre... (Jul '14) Jul '14 john 1
More from around the web