Not so great communicator: Pope seems to be struggling at times...

Full story: The Morning Call

In this Tuesday, March 17, 2009 file photo, Pope Benedict XVI, flanked by Vatican Secretary of State Cardinal Tarciso Bertone, left, and spokesman father Federico Lombardi, greets the media at the end of a news conference he held on the aircraft on his way to Yaounde, Cameroon.
Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Apr 3, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SAD

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

This Pope is autistic ! Do a recall, and get another one !
John

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

Read Spe Salvi then tell me he's not a great communicator, or his book Jesus of Nazareth.
Don Schenk

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

John wrote:
Read Spe Salvi then tell me he's not a great communicator, or his book Jesus of Nazareth.
The Catholic-haters who insist that it's Benedict XVI's fault that they twist whatever he says would never read Spe Salvi, not to mention his book "Jesus of Nazareth": they might learn something about Christianity.
Leon

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

Judged:

Maybe he's not a great communicator because he has one of those little wafers stuck to the roof of his mouth. You know how you have to try and work it loose with your tongue. That would give the appearance of being a total spas. Or, he could be so full of crap that no one believes him except for his nitwit catholic followers. Hurry - get your easter baskets blessed - only a couple of weeks til your big mythology event.
Peter Griffin

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

Why does the pope need security or a bullet proof car??? Is he afraid to die?
Darwin

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

Leon wrote:
Maybe he's not a great communicator because he has one of those little wafers stuck to the roof of his mouth. You know how you have to try and work it loose with your tongue. That would give the appearance of being a total spas. Or, he could be so full of crap that no one believes him except for his nitwit catholic followers. Hurry - get your easter baskets blessed - only a couple of weeks til your big mythology event.
Oh, the Catholics are not going to like this one. Luckily, we live in a country where there is freedom of speech.
Real life

Freeman, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

Don Schenk wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic-haters -- they might learn something about Christianity.
I doubt that. The Priesthood cult that took over the Christian Church in Rome has created more self serving Pope/Church dogma that is not part of the orginial Christian Church established by Jesus Christ or in the scriptures.
The Roman Emperor Constantine sure messed up a old Christian Church when he anointed a POPE>
Mr Rogers

Slatington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

Pope Benedict has a hard act to follow Pope John Paul, John Paul was there for years, good communicator, took a few bullets and forgave his would be assain, this is a tough act to follow, you would think Benedict as being an aide to John Paul would have followed his act to be that good as John Paul, No different than Obama he has a tough act to follow as well after promising the world and cant deliver.
The Pope

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

My friends : priests have stressful jobs, and sometimes they need relaxation, you know, some tension release. It has only been recently that the masses are getting worked up about certain relaxation techniques that we employ to ward off the buildup of excess energy within our earthly bodies. The accumulation of such energy distracts us from our duties, and it is a great honor for altar boys to assist the clergy in eliminating such distractions. So, pray to St. Anthony and ask for understanding in these difficult times. For now, I am headed to the wackatorium for some tension release of my own.
Roscoe

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2009

Leon wrote:
Maybe they should change from wafers to skittles .
Darwin

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2009

Roscoe wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe they should change from wafers to skittles .
Or instead of skittles, they can use those little wafer flying saucers with the candy beads inside. That way, they can keep their wafers, and have the symbolism of a cosmic being, plus the candy beads. It's a win-win situation.
Pas the Pepto

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2009

Mr Rogers wrote:
Pope Benedict has a hard act to follow Pope John Paul, John Paul was there for years, good communicator, took a few bullets and forgave his would be assain, this is a tough act to follow, you would think Benedict as being an aide to John Paul would have followed his act to be that good as John Paul, No different than Obama he has a tough act to follow as well after promising the world and cant deliver.
You seem like reasonably intelligent individual and I am sure you can understand that Mr. Obama has been in office nearly three months and has one big bushie mess to clean up. Oh, fogot to mention the 8 years it took to create the bushie chaos....remember? Getting back to the Pope...Rome wasn't built in a day....LOL.
M Jones

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2009

The Pope feels quilty for all the sins of the Catholic Church, and has to figure out how to coverup or lie about the next scandal.
Leon

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2009

Darwin wrote:
<quoted text> Or instead of skittles, they can use those little wafer flying saucers with the candy beads inside. That way, they can keep their wafers, and have the symbolism of a cosmic being, plus the candy beads. It's a win-win situation.
I really like the idea of the flying saucer wafer candy. The catholics will come up with some objection, like there are no flying saucers in the bible.There are flying jesuses and flying marys, but no flying saucers. Too bad.

“AOL? Seriously?”

Since: Jul 07

Pawleys Island, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2009

Leon wrote:
<quoted text>I really like the idea of the flying saucer wafer candy. The catholics will come up with some objection, like there are no flying saucers in the bible.There are flying jesuses and flying marys, but no flying saucers. Too bad.
The Flying Spaghetti Monster isn't in the Bible???!!!???

I got conned again.
Leon

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2009

LongGoneFromAtwn wrote:
<quoted text>
The Flying Spaghetti Monster isn't in the Bible???!!!???
I got conned again.
It's in the Dead Sea Scrolls, and also can be glimpsed in the background of the Shroud of Turin, right under the Lord's armpit. You will Burn in hell, or at least have an uncomfortable rash.
rebmeMasneMoNsIo tnaSnoR

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2009

Leon wrote:
i find this extremely..........hilarius!!! Have fun with your make-believe fairy tales of religion!
rebmeMasneMoNsIo tnaSnoR

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2009

Darwin wrote:
<quoted text> Or instead of skittles, they can use those little wafer flying saucers with the candy beads inside. That way, they can keep their wafers, and have the symbolism of a cosmic being, plus the candy beads. It's a win-win situation.
Dip the NECCO wafers in LSD before dispensing them to the idiots who think they are better just because they spend a hour a week thinking that is salvation for trying to run roughshod over evryone they come across.
John

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

Real life wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that. The Priesthood cult that took over the Christian Church in Rome has created more self serving Pope/Church dogma that is not part of the orginial Christian Church established by Jesus Christ or in the scriptures.
The Roman Emperor Constantine sure messed up a old Christian Church when he anointed a POPE>
Sorry my protestant unbiblical friend but Jesus instituted the priesthood at the last supper when he said 'do this in memory of me' and the apostles undertook the ministery as described in the acts and other books of the new testament. Its obvious the old testament priesthood prefigured the new priesthood, and that Jesus was both priest and victim at the same time. It is not at all surprising then that he should establish the new priesthood.
John

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

Peter Griffin wrote:
Why does the pope need security or a bullet proof car??? Is he afraid to die?
He probably wants God who gave him his life to take his life, not another human.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Yaounde, Cameroon Discussions

Search the Yaounde, Cameroon Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cameroon: Chinese Workers Abandon Construction ... Wed Joe linda 2
A video released by the Nigerian Islamist extre... Jul 29 john 1
Two-Thirds of Congo Basin Forests Could Disappear (Dec '06) Jun '14 Watsa Mattau 4
Yaounde Music Forum (Nov '12) Apr '14 Musikologist 8
Reunification: revisiting the Foumban deliberat... Feb '14 FALCON-CREST 1
Government Recruits Thousands within Cameroon's... (Jan '10) Jan '14 nelvis 25
RTE Ten's top telly for today (Dec '13) Dec '13 Francesco Sinibaldi 1
•••
•••