Chinese, Cameroonian leaders hold talks

There are 17 comments on the China Daily story from Jan 31, 2007, titled Chinese, Cameroonian leaders hold talks. In it, China Daily reports that:

Chinese President Hu Jintao and his wife Liu Yongqing wave well-wishers upon their arrival in the Cameroonian capital of Yaounde January 30, 2007, kicking off his eight-nation Africa tour.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at China Daily.

alain

Blue Bell, PA

#1 Jan 31, 2007
Greeting to all those who will be reading this brief
Just to let your know that is a shame for a country like Cameroon to let China in because Europeans have already killed the population and still doing it again today and then this is china now . this is just a business of self interest between the political leaders of both nation his have nothing to do with the future of the nation, basically the pass is repeating himself .many local entrepreneur in Cameroon are closing the door because of chinos product taking over the all Cameroon peninsula.
China have being already a key player lately in one of the must dately conflict in the continent but who can stop him ,no one because as longer America is feeling no treat for his nation interest why should he border? This is purely a shame and punishment for all those who take part of the destruction of the continent because in lest than 100 years to came this place will be the promise land to be .
Your all know i am right because you donít want to say the truth about western life who is all about materials nothing about love for peoples . give money to destroy the forest and in the own land giving love to pet . this will one day turn up side down .
China is the world must greater danger for the Cameroonians.
Poor Africa ,today we are all looking to what going one with the Muslim world ,but one day you voice will be heard .after the Slavery trade ,the west never thing of our empowerment because they are scare .
a Chinese scholar

Madison, WI

#2 Jan 31, 2007
alain wrote:
Greeting to all those who will be reading this brief
Just to let your know that is a shame for a country like Cameroon to let China in because Europeans have already killed the population and still doing it again today and then this is china now . this is just a business of self interest between the political leaders of both nation his have nothing to do with the future of the nation, basically the pass is repeating himself .many local entrepreneur in Cameroon are closing the door because of chinos product taking over the all Cameroon peninsula.
China have being already a key player lately in one of the must dately conflict in the continent but who can stop him ,no one because as longer America is feeling no treat for his nation interest why should he border? This is purely a shame and punishment for all those who take part of the destruction of the continent because in lest than 100 years to came this place will be the promise land to be .
Your all know i am right because you donít want to say the truth about western life who is all about materials nothing about love for peoples . give money to destroy the forest and in the own land giving love to pet . this will one day turn up side down .
China is the world must greater danger for the Cameroonians.
Poor Africa ,today we are all looking to what going one with the Muslim world ,but one day you voice will be heard .after the Slavery trade ,the west never thing of our empowerment because they are scare .
Amen!
chris

Lusby, MD

#3 Mar 18, 2007
that is so wrong every thing u said we are a respected country we are not doing things like that
gerry

Daly City, CA

#4 Mar 18, 2007
Chinese in general are worst racist than whites. They hate black people with a passion, and they are very passive and saddistic. i don't know why africa is dealing china.
luf

Calgary, Canada

#5 Mar 18, 2007
gerry wrote:
Chinese in general are worst racist than whites. They hate black people with a passion, and they are very passive and saddistic. i don't know why africa is dealing china.
you are so smart! Have Chinese slaved Blacks? Have Chinese occupied and colonized Africa? Have Chinese killed millions of Blacks? Havs China bombed Somalia?

I have heard China is the first one who treated Blacks equally in trade, and never pointing guns on black's head to "sign treaty" with them. I have also heard that China has sent tens of thousand doctors to Africa to save them lives since 1960s, and build railways fot them.
gerry

Daly City, CA

#6 Mar 18, 2007
I believe China has a hidden agenda. It always have. If you are black, and ever worked with a chinesse. you will see how passive aggressive chinesse are to blacks. They hate blacks with a passion, when they are nice they are so fake, they go behind your back talk about you but when they see you they are completely nice. They are very scrupulous. I think alot of chinesse are prejudiced and passive aggressive. The chinesse government should educated them more about other people and culture. They are only in Africa for a purpose, their own interest. Don't forget that.
sweety-Kazakhsta n

Shanghai, China

#7 Mar 21, 2007
gerry,your right,i'm staying now in Shanghai and my boyfriend from the Cameroon.your right)
Edisa

South Africa

#8 May 31, 2007
China products are all poor quality, and I also agree with Gerry China are more
Racist than white, just wonder what is their hidden agenda in Cameroon.
But I trust Cameroonians we would soon find out
CCand P

Singapore, Singapore

#9 Jun 1, 2007
for edisa / gerry (if you are white):

feeling sour grapes? so the Africans are not buying your western cock-and-bull stories anymore eh? Your ancestors abused blacks like animals and comitted atrocities second to none in the history of mankind and here you are trumpeting about Chinese being racist? Your western counterparts made more movies and shows insulting Asians and Africans than your heap of junks in your backyard. You called your Asian neighbours 'chinks' and mocked at them the other day didn't you?

for edisa / gerry (if you black)

not surprise you turn against a hand that help you. That's why Chinese never trust you in the first place. China has provided various form of aids to African countries and yes they want to trade your resources it has never hide from that! But hey, at least they are buying your resources, not robbing and stealing from you like what your colonial masters did in those days...so try to look on the brighter side
Edisa

South Africa

#10 Jun 2, 2007
Cc/p or whatever that means.
Iím speaking of fact, and Iím sorry that you get so emotional about it.
It is well documented about china poor quality product. You happened to live in Malaysia so you should know about it all over shops there. Also the Racist remark is not coming from me. I have just coming what is known by all.
So I feel you anger I can understand it. That why I wonít waste energy in replay with same passion. Also I make it my duties not to engage in any race fight. Iím fighting idea not peoples. I would scream to a white brother or a black bother. Because of their actions not because of their skin color.
We had enough with these non sense fight .
So please be more constructive and let build a better world for our childrenís.

Since: May 07

South Africa

#11 Jun 3, 2007
CCand P wrote:
for edisa / gerry (if you are white):
feeling sour grapes? so the Africans are not buying your western cock-and-bull stories anymore eh? Your ancestors abused blacks like animals and comitted atrocities second to none in the history of mankind and here you are trumpeting about Chinese being racist? Your western counterparts made more movies and shows insulting Asians and Africans than your heap of junks in your backyard. You called your Asian neighbours 'chinks' and mocked at them the other day didn't you?
for edisa / gerry (if you black)
not surprise you turn against a hand that help you. That's why Chinese never trust you in the first place. China has provided various form of aids to African countries and yes they want to trade your resources it has never hide from that! But hey, at least they are buying your resources, not robbing and stealing from you like what your colonial masters did in those days...so try to look on the brighter side
Cc/p or whatever that means.
Iím speaking of fact, and Iím sorry that you get so emotional about it.
It is well documented about china poor quality product. You happened to live in Malaysia so you should know about it all over shops there. Also the Racist remark is not coming from me. I have just coming what is known by all.
So I feel you anger I can understand it. That why I wonít waste energy in replay with same passion. Also I make it my duties not to engage in any race fight. Iím fighting idea not peoples. I would scream to a white brother or a black bother. Because of their actions not because of their skin color.
We had enough with these non sense fight .
So please be more constructive and let build a better world for our childrenís.
Ebulle

Taizhou, China

#12 Sep 25, 2007
All this noise about china colonising cameroon or Africa really baffles me. How could this ever happen? It's impossible for a blind man to lead the one who has eyes. The most respectful words I can use to describe these people(chinese)" Suffering from mental slavery" They are dirty, stupid, narrow minded, primitive and backward. I am an english teacher in china and know what I am talking about. Cameroonians and other African's are doing a great job to take these guys out of darkness they find themselves in because of their political system, which does not allow them to reason. I was having a class and asked a student at what time she took a shower, she said 7pm. I said 7am. But she stressed 7pm and told me people don't takee a shower in China in the morning. I asked one chinese colleague and she accepted. They even doubt why some people are black. This shows you the extent to which they are enclaved. Please, welcome them to Africa and don't forget to hand them toothbrush at the airport when they arrive.
Some of them are very civilised because of friendship with us and because they went abroad. They also present very good opportunities for business for us. They are technologically developed and we need to benefit from this and help them grow socially too.
IHateStupidAss

Sausalito, CA

#13 Sep 25, 2007
Ebulle wrote:
All this noise about china colonising cameroon or Africa really baffles me. How could this ever happen? It's impossible for a blind man to lead the one who has eyes. The most respectful words I can use to describe these people(chinese)" Suffering from mental slavery" They are dirty, stupid, narrow minded, primitive and backward. I am an english teacher in china and know what I am talking about. Cameroonians and other African's are doing a great job to take these guys out of darkness they find themselves in because of their political system, which does not allow them to reason. I was having a class and asked a student at what time she took a shower, she said 7pm. I said 7am. But she stressed 7pm and told me people don't takee a shower in China in the morning. I asked one chinese colleague and she accepted. They even doubt why some people are black. This shows you the extent to which they are enclaved. Please, welcome them to Africa and don't forget to hand them toothbrush at the airport when they arrive.
Some of them are very civilised because of friendship with us and because they went abroad. They also present very good opportunities for business for us. They are technologically developed and we need to benefit from this and help them grow socially too.
WTF? its hard to believe any respectable teacher would use words like "dirty, stupid, narrow minded, primitive and backward" to describe his/her students. You use an example of a Chinese student don't like to shower in the mornings to support your claim really shows you have low level of intelligence. Finally you contradict yourself and said Chinese are technologically developed. You FU**king idiot, get the fu**k outa here
Henry

UK

#14 Sep 29, 2007
china can take responsiblity for africa now the west have done their bit will china also allow african immigrants into china and do live aid concerts for the starving africans
Ben

Shanghai, China

#15 Apr 4, 2009
Ebulle
Those were pretty harsh words for the Chinese. Remember where you are* and no country is perfect.

The worst thing about Africa, is its governance. As much as we are talking about Cameroon, that country used to be on the same UN index as S.Korea just about three decades ago. What happened that Korea is the world's 12th richest country and Cameroon dances still or on the reverse is the real question.
Is it China's fault?? BIG NO.
I'll borrow from some one, the Chinese do not hide their intention, it's all about business. You either make a good deal or bad deal.

The only thing that keeps me wondering is the seeming mental slavery of some Chinese. Almost everything about white skin and blue eyes is golden meanwhile the opposite can be said of the darker color.
Hey but guess what..there are very good cover ups now and then.

I love this line "China is Africa's best friend"
snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#16 Apr 5, 2009
China is going to help modernized Cameroon and move it to the 21st century. their intentions are good and noble. That's why in many polls now China is more respected than America. But if Obama pushes the right buttons we will be in the driver's seat again.
Geofrey

Shanghai, China

#17 Jun 2, 2009
IHateStupidAss wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF? its hard to believe any respectable teacher would use words like "dirty, stupid, narrow minded, primitive and backward" to describe his/her students. You use an example of a Chinese student don't like to shower in the mornings to support your claim really shows you have low level of intelligence. Finally you contradict yourself and said Chinese are technologically developed. You FU**king idiot, get the fu**k outa here
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH, IT'S FUNNY HOW THE WORLD GOES ROUND YOU JUST GET MAD AT A GUY BECAUSE HE TALKED HASHLY ABOUT A CHINESE AND AT THE END YOU EVEN DO WORST TO HIM THAN HE DID TO THE CHINESE BY "FUCKING" HIM UP SEVERAL TIMES SO NOW I ASK MYSELF WHO IS BETTER? YOU OR HIM.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Centre, Cameroon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News French researchers find new strain of HIV virus... (Aug '09) Dec '14 azeez 7
News Reunification: revisiting the Foumban deliberat... (Feb '14) Dec '14 dango64 2
News Cameroon frees 7 accused of breaking anti-gay law (Oct '14) Oct '14 Belle Sexton 2
News Cameroon: Chinese Workers Abandon Construction ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Joe linda 2
News A video released by the Nigerian Islamist extre... (Jul '14) Jul '14 john 1
News Two-Thirds of Congo Basin Forests Could Disappear (Dec '06) Jun '14 Watsa Mattau 4
News RTE Ten's top telly for today (Dec '13) Dec '13 Francesco Sinibaldi 1
More from around the web