Comments
18,401 - 18,420 of 30,615 Comments Last updated 38 min ago
Pops

Newport, KY

#20304 Sep 7, 2013
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>. Hey now- I think your spot on in judging POP's on his kool aid opinion of Obama! Everyone should have respect for our President regardless of their politics! I feel his color is a major fault for many, so they use the Fox News "kool aid", as a sheep follower opinion! POP's is the type that waits for the polls to decide, before he votes, IF, he even votes! Most truck drivers don't, they just jaw! Obama is probably the best educated president the country has had! Opinion's are like butts, everyone has one!
1st, I respect the office of president of the United States. Next; that does NOT mean that the person in that office deserves that respect that the position warrants.
2nd Being a president is what the kool ade drinkers rely on. That does NOT mean that the pres is NOT a brain or jackass.
In our current situation, the person occupying the office of president is a total jackass. Many zoo's in the world would love his DNA to perpetuate the species.
Personally, that species can become extinct & we would ALL be better off.
To briefly clarify...Obama is a witless, butt kissing, them or us idiot. With IDIOT being the key word
Pops

Newport, KY

#20305 Sep 7, 2013
Claude wrote:
<quoted text>. Ever think you needed to take up knitting? You don't have any luck on here! As someone else said" opinions are like butts", everyone has one!
Interesting. The reverse would be true too which would include YOU. Interesting....
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20306 Sep 7, 2013
NLVR wrote:
<quoted text>
I will just be glad when Kasich is no longer part of our lives and we can get on with our own.
You mean like less jobs, higher unemployment rate than the rest of the country, an 8 billion dollar debt? Is that what you consider "get on with our own?"

Sorry, but I like the way things are going now in Ohio. A smaller unemployment rate than the rest of the country, slimmed down spending and thus, an eliminated debt, more companies and corporations considering out state for new business, and current businesses deciding to stay in Ohio rather than leave for higher grounds.

But why would we want that--right? Let's go back to the way things were before Kasich.

Debt means no money. Debt likely means stressed credit. Debt means failure. Why any fool would elect failure over success is really beyond my ability to understand.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20307 Sep 7, 2013
Jimmy John wrote:
<quoted text>
It is weird how you think or believe that an education makes a better person. I disagree; it is the person who makes a better person not his education. There a good doctors, carpenters, teachers, etc and there are those that are bad: just like there are bad truck drivers (no pun intended).
I had more education after school than while in school. So that education to me was pointless.
Maybe what we have is "a failure to communicate." I'm not saying that education makes a person a better human being in general. I'm saying that education helps us to learn difficult, specific skills. I want major bridges to be designed by mechanical engineers, not some untrained person who has lots of "common sense." When I'm sick, I want to see a medical doctor (usually one who spent many years learning about the specific part of me that hurts.)

But I don't think these people are "better" in the sense that they are great human beings. I'm sure some are unpleasant in their private lives, and others are nice folks. Education doesn't change that. But they are "better" in a specific skill set that helps humanity. I respect them for the effort it took them to get there. It doesn't surprise me that they often get paid very well for what they do.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20308 Sep 8, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe what we have is "a failure to communicate." I'm not saying that education makes a person a better human being in general. I'm saying that education helps us to learn difficult, specific skills. I want major bridges to be designed by mechanical engineers, not some untrained person who has lots of "common sense." When I'm sick, I want to see a medical doctor (usually one who spent many years learning about the specific part of me that hurts.)
But I don't think these people are "better" in the sense that they are great human beings. I'm sure some are unpleasant in their private lives, and others are nice folks. Education doesn't change that. But they are "better" in a specific skill set that helps humanity. I respect them for the effort it took them to get there. It doesn't surprise me that they often get paid very well for what they do.
That's a much different perspective than I have where I respect anybody who works for a living and tries to better themselves be they a ditch digger or a rocket scientist. We live in a country of loafers promoted by your President. Those are the only people I look down on.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#20309 Sep 8, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a much different perspective than I have where I respect anybody who works for a living and tries to better themselves be they a ditch digger or a rocket scientist. We live in a country of loafers promoted by your President. Those are the only people I look down on.
Your education from slobbering over every word that Rush, Beck and Hannity spew out leaves you clueless.
Coffee

Waverly, OH

#20310 Sep 8, 2013
No wooboy it is not the ones you blame it is the Conservative points vs your Liberal points. The Liberals have the same category in their team. One would be Rafeal Madcow.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20312 Sep 8, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Your education from slobbering over every word that Rush, Beck and Hannity spew out leaves you clueless.
The people who are clueless are those who use Rush, Hannity and Fox as some sort of argument instead of bringing something of substance to the table.

You leftists don't even realize how you've been brainwashed by your leaders to respond that way like a programmed robot.

Conservative tells the truth.

Response: Rush, Hannity Beck.

Conservative points to something Obama did wrong.

Response: it's the Republicans fault.

Conservative criticizes Obama's actions.

Response: Republicans are racist.

You people are so much like a machine I bet I could tell you what your response is going to be before you even post it. I don't know if there's an individual thought among any of you liberals.
Annie

Twinsburg, OH

#20313 Sep 8, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The people who are clueless are those who use Rush, Hannity and Fox as some sort of argument instead of bringing something of substance to the table.
You leftists don't even realize how you've been brainwashed by your leaders to respond that way like a programmed robot.
Conservative tells the truth.
Response: Rush, Hannity Beck.
Conservative points to something Obama did wrong.
Response: it's the Republicans fault.
Conservative criticizes Obama's actions.
Response: Republicans are racist.
You people are so much like a machine I bet I could tell you what your response is going to be before you even post it. I don't know if there's an individual thought among any of you liberals.
I agree with you. I could pass for a lefty liberal if I chose to because they are like programed robots and every single sentence is predictable. But, a liberal could never even fake being conservative because they don't have the intelligence to even fake it.
Pops

Newport, KY

#20314 Sep 8, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he has traveled the world. And just look at how much it cost taxpayers:
Obama Africa Trip To Cost Up To $100 Million: Report
The Huffington Post | By Nick Wing
Posted: 06/14/2013 10:33 am EDT
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/14/obam...
I love how you leftists think education makes one person better than another. It's been a staple of the Democrat party for decades. Bush is stupid, Reagan was dumb, Ford is a klutz and so on.
I call DumBama dumb because you need more than an education to be brilliant. You need common sense. In fact, the country would be in much better shape today if we had a President who had more common sense over education.
Yeah I'm a truck driver. I'm probably the only person on Topix that has a common mans job. Everybody else (particularly liberals) seem to be doing so much better than I am. On blogs, I've met published authors, scientists, doctors, college professors, CEO's company owners. Me? I'm the only truck driver here. LOL!
It's not that I have disdain for education the way you have for working people, it's just that in many cases, the more one learns, the less logic they possess. I guess this is why liberals are so void of common sense. There are people who have both education and common sense, but those are Republicans.
But hey....... why listen to me? After all, I'm only a truck driver, and what can a truck driver with common sense know over a Harvard graduate?
For one, I know that you can't put people back to work when you give them incentives to not work. I know you can't get the economy in the right direction when the federal government took over one-sixth of that economy. I know you can't get out of debt by spending more money. I know that when you promote irresponsibility, you end up with more irresponsible people. I know how to pronounce corpsman. I know we only have 50 states in our country, and I also know you can't save more oil by inflating your car tires than you can drilling for it.
Plenty of facts here. EXCELLENT !
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20315 Sep 8, 2013
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. I could pass for a lefty liberal if I chose to because they are like programed robots and every single sentence is predictable. But, a liberal could never even fake being conservative because they don't have the intelligence to even fake it.
A couple of years back, the liberals were talking about getting their own leftist Limbaugh, so Rush commented on their idea.

Rush said the left could never duplicate him. The reason being is that it's the liberals who are the entertainment on his program, and a leftist Limbaugh would never be able to do that with Republicans.

I thought about it and he was absolutely correct. Much of Rush's show is sound clips or articles of Democrats. If it's not something they said today, it's something they said years ago. It's what Democrats are doing or what kind of scandal they're involved in. It's always something with Democrats.
Claude

Mount Gilead, OH

#20317 Sep 8, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> Plenty of facts here. EXCELLENT !
. Did pops notice the airline derulation, or the trucking deregulation, or the Iraq war, or the Katrina handling , or the read my lips, or the wall street failure,or the 911 , mission accomplished , or the Haliburton payola, that ALL happen under Obama----0r was this truck driver born---LAST NIGHT!! How about the 350 pieces of dead wood in congress? GMAB!!
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20318 Sep 8, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason being is that it's the liberals who are the entertainment on his program, and a leftist Limbaugh would never be able to do that with Republicans.
You think so?

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/8ff27c87f0/j...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20319 Sep 8, 2013
Claude wrote:
<quoted text>. Did pops notice the airline derulation, or the trucking deregulation, or the Iraq war, or the Katrina handling , or the read my lips, or the wall street failure,or the 911 , mission accomplished , or the Haliburton payola, that ALL happen under Obama----0r was this truck driver born---LAST NIGHT!! How about the 350 pieces of dead wood in congress? GMAB!!
Perhaps you didn't notice Benghazi, fast and furious, our forever slumping economy, fake money that made gasoline, groceries and just about everything else more expensive, the federal government taking over 1/6 of our economy, record number of food stamp recipients, Obama phones, healthcare insurance premium increases, the expanded number of people on SS disability and we won't even talk about the 17 trillion dollar debt that includes a near one trillion for a failed stimulus program. And that's only a little over four years of one Democrat.

Frank

Mount Gilead, OH

#20320 Sep 8, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you didn't notice Benghazi, fast and furious, our forever slumping economy, fake money that made gasoline, groceries and just about everything else more expensive, the federal government taking over 1/6 of our economy, record number of food stamp recipients, Obama phones, healthcare insurance premium increases, the expanded number of people on SS disability and we won't even talk about the 17 trillion dollar debt that includes a near one trillion for a failed stimulus program. And that's only a little over four years of one Democrat.
. Who started the stimulus program ? Slumping economy? Inflation ? Resulting in food stamp or starve! The phones are not Obama phones- your wrong on that too! Healthcare money, going straight to Obama, too? If your not a truck driver, like POP's, your dumb enough to be! Just saying!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20321 Sep 8, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>. Who started the stimulus program ? Slumping economy? Inflation ? Resulting in food stamp or starve! The phones are not Obama phones- your wrong on that too! Healthcare money, going straight to Obama, too? If your not a truck driver, like POP's, your dumb enough to be! Just saying!
Oh goodie. Another liberal. Easy to tell with the personal insults and this is only your first day here. What a surprise.

Let me explain Bush's stimulus program and DumBama's. Bush's program targeted businesses. Lowering taxes, giving tax breaks for business investments sparked a great economy in spite of the worst attack on American soil. DumBama's stimulus? Handouts to public workers for about a year. Failure. A slight cut in Social Security contributions which is another program going broke. Failure.

And yes, it is a slumping economy. Been that way for over a half-decade now and it's not getting much better. The only reason unemployment is dropping is because of the so-called people out of the job market. Businesses resist investing when we have the most anti-business President in our lifetime.

While DumBama did not start government paid cell phones, he greatly expanded the use of them. Healthcare increases are due to Commie Care; another program that shies businesses from future investments. Part of the government control was to force insurance companies to invest their money the DumBama way. That is to say they are forced to payout 80% of their premium collections on actual medical payments instead of investing their money to offset future medical expenses.

47 million Americans now collecting food stamps. I thought the lying liberals said our country is moving in the right economic direction! Wait a minute! I think somebody is trying to fool me.

Dumb enough to be a truck driver eh? So what do you do for a living that you can cast that typical condescending attitude towards a working man? That's okay. You don't have to answer. We all know liberals look down on the working man and embellish the lazy and irresponsible. I guess that's why over half the country today is dependent on some sort of federal government goodie. After all, when you promote irresponsibility, don't be surprised when you end up with more irresponsible people.
Pops

Newport, KY

#20322 Sep 8, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
Anyone notice how many breaks were in the film because of editing? Then there's the fact that Jon Stewart is primarily a comic?
Just wondering.
Pops

Newport, KY

#20323 Sep 8, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>. Who started the stimulus program ? Slumping economy? Inflation ? Resulting in food stamp or starve! The phones are not Obama phones- your wrong on that too! Healthcare money, going straight to Obama, too? If your not a truck driver, like POP's, your dumb enough to be! Just saying!
What an intellectually deficient poster you are. 1st, I am NOT a truck driver although I see no denigrating issue being a truck driver, How in the world do you think that your grocery stores or Wally World or Target get the products that you buy every week?
Inflation IS ongoing. It will never go away. It is what it is for years & years & years.
Next, until Obama, NO ONE advertised to expand the welfare rolls. NO ONE solicited for cell phones either.
By the way, as I have posted B4, I have had food stamps twice in my life. BOTH times were temporary for medical reasons. I did NOT get onto the lifetime roll & I was frugal & still used coupons & other specials & got the max out of my 'stamps'. "Welfare' is ASSISTANCE' NOT support. NOT a life style, NOT long term. But with THIS administration welfare has become a life style.
Know what I learned? Food stamps lasted me 7 weeks for what I usually spent in 4 weeks for food.
And in your 2nd to last sentence about truck driving, it's YOU'RE, NOT your.
A real mental heavyweight aren't you?
Give truck drivers a break or ride a horse & wagon to make your next purchases. See how that fits into your life. PUTZ
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20324 Sep 8, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> NO ONE solicited for cell phones either.
The Lifeline program started under Ronald Reagan, and was expanded by Bill Clinton. George W. Bush was the first to extend it to wireless phones. The solicitations you see for "free phones" come from private companies, not the government.

It's just an extension of the old idea of "universal service." Cheap mail service to rural areas was subsidized by the urban users, because the government felt it was important that all citizens (not just those in cities) should have equal access to communications. The same idea was eventually extended to phone service, which again subsidized expensive-to-build rural phone service by charging urban users more.

"Universal service is the principle that all Americans should have access to communications services. Universal service is also the name of a fund and the category of FCC programs and policies to implement this principle. Universal service is a cornerstone of the law that established the FCC, the Communications Act of 1934. Since that time, universal service policies have helped make telephone service ubiquitous, even in remote rural areas."

http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/universal-ser...

It's a good idea, one that has been endorsed by both Democrats and Republicans for many years.
the one and only

United States

#20325 Sep 9, 2013
Hi

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 20 min Aryan Barbarian 18,942
Was Dumb fired from Rovers Morning Glory 16 hr Snake Plisken 20
Genealogy (Oct '06) Mon Test 2
The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz (Feb '08) Mon Nimrod 33 1,011
news Aug 26 admirer 1
where can u find dog food in cleveland? Aug 25 type username here 2
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... Aug 24 TedHOhio 6
•••
•••
•••

Cleveland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000