xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20189 Aug 30, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>That's just too funny, you cry about EPA and the clean air regulations and then point out the fact where foreign countries have to wear gas masks because the air is so bad.
It is funny. What's even funnier is that you don't even understand where the humor is.

If we restrict pollution here, but somebody else is dirtying our share of the air, how does that help global warming, er........ I mean climate change?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20190 Aug 30, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>How taxpayers subsidize Walmart
Walmart is the largest private employer in the U.S.-and has the most workers on public assistance. In 2007, the company shifted from regular shifts to flexible shifts, a change labor activists said was designed to force full-time workers to downgrade their status to part-time, so they would not qualify for health insurance or other benefits. The result is that hundreds of thousands of Walmart employees rely on state benefits or Medicaid. Most of the company's warehouses are contracted out to temp agencies, so even if a warehouse loader works full-time in a Walmart warehouse for years, he gets no benefits. Walmart has also spent at least $1 billion since 2005 settling lawsuits over unpaid wages or illegal working conditions. One study estimated that Walmart costs taxpayers more than $1 billion every year.
Well duh.

If Wal-Mart has the most workers in a store chain, doesn't it make sense they would have the most minimum wage employees in the country?

And how many billions does it cost taxpayers to help McDonald's employees, Wendy's employees, Burger King employees, just about every pizza shop in the country, hardware store employees, K-Mart employees, Taco Bell employees??????

See, this is what I mean. You leftists gravitate to publications that only tell half of the story. That's why it's good there is Fox news around.

Last I read, none of these businesses were convicted of holding a gun to people's heads and forcing them to work for their company. if I go to Wal-Mart and don't like the wage, benefits or the job in general, I go work for somebody else. Why is that so difficult for a cradle-to-graver?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20191 Aug 30, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup you're dense. I'm not sure where you got the idea that I lean left, but you're off on tangents when all I said was that our elected officials have sold is out. They get their pockets lined for passing legislation forcing corporations to move production over seas.
No. That's not it at all. A politicians number one goal is to stay in office. Power is everything to many of these people.

Go out and talk with people. It's not like talking to people here. Most have no idea what's going on in politics or with policies. How do you think DumBama got elected? Twice!!!!

When DumBama first showed up, he was against about a dozen or so other experienced candidates in the primary. It boiled down to Hillary and DumBama. DumBama had barely any experience in federal government and Hillary had 8 years in the Senate and 8 years in the White House. Who did the Democrats vote for? They voted for the most inexperienced candidate. Does that sound like an intelligent electorate to you?

So all the environmentalists know is that the Democrats are getting on corporate America and industry in particular. Legislation is not passed for money, legislation is passed to buy votes.
River Girl Rodeo Clown

Circleville, OH

#20192 Aug 30, 2013
Who do I want for Governor? As of this date, I would have to say Gilligan, he can't do anymore damage, now can he?
Just Sayin

Chillicothe, OH

#20193 Aug 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No. That's not it at all. A politicians number one goal is to stay in office. Power is everything to many of these people.
Go out and talk with people. It's not like talking to people here. Most have no idea what's going on in politics or with policies. How do you think DumBama got elected? Twice!!!!
When DumBama first showed up, he was against about a dozen or so other experienced candidates in the primary. It boiled down to Hillary and DumBama. DumBama had barely any experience in federal government and Hillary had 8 years in the Senate and 8 years in the White House. Who did the Democrats vote for? They voted for the most inexperienced candidate. Does that sound like an intelligent electorate to you?
So all the environmentalists know is that the Democrats are getting on corporate America and industry in particular. Legislation is not passed for money, legislation is passed to buy votes.
I didn't vote for Obama, but you made the perfect point as to why I should have. He was an outsider. But it takes a strong man to avoid all the money and do the right thing, Obama is not that man, he's spineless. I know that the EPA and the unions have driven up manufacturing costs, I'm not disputing that. But the politicians (on both sides of the isle) are getting rich all the while screwing us. People need to quit pointing left and right, both sides are screwing us. If it cost less to make a widget in the US, we'd make widgets in the US. Get it?
requirements for governor

Logan, OH

#20194 Aug 30, 2013
I know the Governor is supposed to take a oath but does he have to have bond????
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20195 Aug 30, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't vote for Obama, but you made the perfect point as to why I should have. He was an outsider. But it takes a strong man to avoid all the money and do the right thing, Obama is not that man, he's spineless. I know that the EPA and the unions have driven up manufacturing costs, I'm not disputing that. But the politicians (on both sides of the isle) are getting rich all the while screwing us. People need to quit pointing left and right, both sides are screwing us. If it cost less to make a widget in the US, we'd make widgets in the US. Get it?
Of course I understand that. But what you don't understand is that Americans are consumed with cheap. We are all guilty of it too.

Take a look around. How many KFC's have you seen close down in the past couple of years? Most of them. We are so cheap that we won't even pay for good fast food. KFC is huge in China and they don't even sell that much chicken. So they closed outlets here and opened up hundreds in China.

Wal-Mart is number one for a reason: they have the cheapest products. So when you say "if" we made cheaper products here, that's the catch. We can't make cheaper products here and the reason we can't is because of all the regulations.

Now there is this push to make minimum wage $15.00. If politicians get behind this, it will drive even more jobs overseas.

Within all this, we still can't absolve ourselves. We don't look at where our products are made--we look at what the price of our products are. We don't care about the politicians, we don't care how environmentally destructive the country that made the product, we don't care if they use child labor. We care about price, and that's our fault.
Just Sayin

Chillicothe, OH

#20196 Aug 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
Of course I understand that. But what you don't understand is that Americans are consumed with cheap. We are all guilty of it too.
Take a look around. How many KFC's have you seen close down in the past couple of years? Most of them. We are so cheap that we won't even pay for good fast food. KFC is huge in China and they don't even sell that much chicken. So they closed outlets here and opened up hundreds in China.
Wal-Mart is number one for a reason: they have the cheapest products. So when you say "if" we made cheaper products here, that's the catch. We can't make cheaper products here and the reason we can't is because of all the regulations.
Now there is this push to make minimum wage $15.00. If politicians get behind this, it will drive even more jobs overseas.
Within all this, we still can't absolve ourselves. We don't look at where our products are made--we look at what the price of our products are. We don't care about the politicians, we don't care how environmentally destructive the country that made the product, we don't care if they use child labor. We care about price, and that's our fault.
Okay, blame the corporations and let the politicians skate. Typical liberal attitude.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20197 Aug 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans are consumed with cheap.
Some are. But there are always those willing to pay a premium for stuff that's better than the lowest common denominator.

You reminded me of this famous quote:

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey."

John Ruskin
froggy60

Urbana, OH

#20198 Aug 30, 2013
why dont someone post something about the corruption in the court system in gallipolis? i know everyone knows whats going on and what has been going on. if everybody would stop voting these shitasses in and start standing up for their rights this town would have a lot less moldy money, lot more jobs, probably alot less drugs to be put back on the streets and some new blood in town.
Pops

Newport, KY

#20199 Aug 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't noticed any KFC's closing but the rest of your post has a 110% valid issue.
Roughly 15 years ago, maybe a little longer, Wal-Mart had TV commercials bragging about U.S. made products with the yellow 'Mr Smiley' in the commercials. They phased that out at a rate that just about no one noticed.
I am one of those that would pay 20%-50% more for an American made product. I have passed up buying some things that I wanted after seeing a 'Made in China' label.
I have also passed up buying some things that I wanted if there was a hint of being 'Union Made' because that told me that the product was over priced.
Not to actually put down Union Made products since I do not begrudge anyone a proper wage but I have been union 3 times in my life time & have experienced the lazy,'NOT my job' attitude of union members that simply feed the salaries of the upper union 'management'(thru their payroll deductions) that care no more for their members than today's politicians do for their constituents. Mostly phoney baloney & protection of their own salaries with the paid expenses accounts & then there's the subservient butt kissing that comes with that position.
Sorry, just call them as I see them.
Pops

Newport, KY

#20200 Aug 30, 2013
froggy60 wrote:
why dont someone post something about the corruption in the court system in gallipolis? i know everyone knows whats going on and what has been going on. if everybody would stop voting these shitasses in and start standing up for their rights this town would have a lot less moldy money, lot more jobs, probably alot less drugs to be put back on the streets and some new blood in town.
Start another subject/forum.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20201 Aug 31, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't noticed any KFC's closing but the rest of your post has a 110% valid issue.
Roughly 15 years ago, maybe a little longer, Wal-Mart had TV commercials bragging about U.S. made products with the yellow 'Mr Smiley' in the commercials. They phased that out at a rate that just about no one noticed.
I am one of those that would pay 20%-50% more for an American made product. I have passed up buying some things that I wanted after seeing a 'Made in China' label.
I have also passed up buying some things that I wanted if there was a hint of being 'Union Made' because that told me that the product was over priced.
Not to actually put down Union Made products since I do not begrudge anyone a proper wage but I have been union 3 times in my life time & have experienced the lazy,'NOT my job' attitude of union members that simply feed the salaries of the upper union 'management'(thru their payroll deductions) that care no more for their members than today's politicians do for their constituents. Mostly phoney baloney & protection of their own salaries with the paid expenses accounts & then there's the subservient butt kissing that comes with that position.
Sorry, just call them as I see them.
I don't own an American car and never will. With my last American car, after 50,000 miles, my mechanic drove it more than I did.

I now have a Toyota Camry. It's a great car that comes with a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty or seven years, whichever comes first. They never break down.

When it got to the point I couldn't put anymore money in my junk American car, I started to do some research and talk with as many mechanics as I could. It was a consensus that American cars are made from junk parts and they constantly break down. Why? For several reasons.

First of all, unions forced auto makers to cover retirement benefits for their former workers who haven't been on the job in 20 years. So they had to use cheap parts and technology to counter that loss. Then of course they had to make up the loss of paying current union workers. Next they want to keep their mechanics going at the dealership. Can't have those guys sitting around making that kind of money. Keep them working with broken down cars.

My Toyota is made from quality parts and engineering. That's why they don't break down. They don't put their money into clowns riding around on floor sweepers making $58.00 per hour on a Sunday. They put their money into the quality of the vehicle.

I could write a book on my experiences with unions. After all, I've been driving a truck for over 20 years now and had my share of those bastards--especially worthless UAW workers.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20202 Aug 31, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, blame the corporations and let the politicians skate. Typical liberal attitude.
You have comprehension problems, don't you?

Where did I let politicians skate?

Politicians are not the main problem, but part of it. American consumers are the main problem. After all, manufacturers only produce what their customers want. If their customers want low quality cheap products, that's what they give them.

The company I work for is under pressure because of Wal-Mart. One of our customers supplies Wal-Mart with their products and those products have to be under a certain price. In order for them to do that, we have to give them special rates to get the business. They are our biggest customer for tractor-trailer operations, so my employer would rather do the work for less money than not get the work at all.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#20204 Aug 31, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't own an American car and never will. With my last American car, after 50,000 miles, my mechanic drove it more than I did.
I now have a Toyota Camry. It's a great car that comes with a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty or seven years, whichever comes first. They never break down.
When it got to the point I couldn't put anymore money in my junk American car, I started to do some research and talk with as many mechanics as I could. It was a consensus that American cars are made from junk parts and they constantly break down. Why? For several reasons.
First of all, unions forced auto makers to cover retirement benefits for their former workers who haven't been on the job in 20 years. So they had to use cheap parts and technology to counter that loss. Then of course they had to make up the loss of paying current union workers. Next they want to keep their mechanics going at the dealership. Can't have those guys sitting around making that kind of money. Keep them working with broken down cars.
My Toyota is made from quality parts and engineering. That's why they don't break down. They don't put their money into clowns riding around on floor sweepers making $58.00 per hour on a Sunday. They put their money into the quality of the vehicle.
I could write a book on my experiences with unions. After all, I've been driving a truck for over 20 years now and had my share of those bastards--especially worthless UAW workers.
It's the unions that are responsible for you getting paid a livable wage. Get rid of them and wages would plummet while corporate profits would skyrocket even higher than what they are now. You'll end up driving your truck, slobbering over Rush on the radio for a lot less money. You even pointed that out in your post about the distributor pushing for cheaper delivery prices.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#20205 Aug 31, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and you are overpaid at minimum wage.
Make a lot more than what most non-productive suit and ties idiots do.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20206 Aug 31, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>It's the unions that are responsible for you getting paid a livable wage. Get rid of them and wages would plummet while corporate profits would skyrocket even higher than what they are now. You'll end up driving your truck, slobbering over Rush on the radio for a lot less money. You even pointed that out in your post about the distributor pushing for cheaper delivery prices.
This reminds me of a discussion my father and I used to have several years ago.

My father being a retired union bricklayer always stuck up for the unions when we discussed the subject. He used to say the exact same thing to me "If not for unions, you wouldn't be getting paid what you are today driving a truck!"

One day I got sick of that line, so I finally responded "Without unions, I wouldn't need to get paid the wage I make today because then I could afford one of your union built houses!"

That ended that discussion once and for all.

Did unions push up our wages? Of course they did, but in the process, pushed up the prices of all our goods so to the point we finally started buying foreign products.

Let me give you this scenario:

Let's say the US was an Autocracy, and since this is my scenario, I'll be the leader of our Autocracy.

In an Autocracy, there is no congress, no senate, no supreme court judges. In an autocracy, one person makes all the decisions for the country.

So I look down on our country and see the problem of overseas products and America lagging behind in industry. My first rule of law would be that everything in the country is now worth half of what it was yesterday.

That means your $150,000 house is now worth $75,000. Your $30,000 SUV is now worth $15,000. Your $10,000 bank account is now only worth $5,000.

On the other hand, your Big Mac combo now only costs you $2.50 instead of $5.00. That new $200,000 house you wanted to buy now only costs $100,00. That $40,000 boat you wanted now only costs $20,000.

So you run all the numbers pro and con, and then call me up and say "Ray, with this plan of yours, I'm no further ahead or behind than I was before!" To that I would say "True, you are no further ahead or behind, but the difference is all our jobs will come back to the US."

My example is to demonstrate what unions really did to this country: price us out of the world market. Unions caused massive inflation, and that's why our jobs are overseas today.
IVOTE

West Union, OH

#20207 Aug 31, 2013
befor you vot for kasick you should know how he intends to reduce the taxs on the wealthy. he is doing away with the tax reducting on people 65yrs old who owen propety. he will akedo anything to make him look good.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20208 Aug 31, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
...what unions really did to this country: price us out of the world market. Unions caused massive inflation, and that's why our jobs are overseas today.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
"In Japan, Toyota Motor Workers’ Union has 58,000 members."
http://www.businessweek.com/autos/autobeat/ar...
Pops

Newport, KY

#20209 Aug 31, 2013
IVOTE wrote:
befor you vot for kasick you should know how he intends to reduce the taxs on the wealthy. he is doing away with the tax reducting on people 65yrs old who owen propety. he will akedo anything to make him look good.
If I were the spelling police, you would be locked up. I had to read your post twice to see the logic of your msg. But you do have a msg.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Columbus' Murder Rate Tops Cincinnati, Clevelan... (Oct '10) 19 min Ohian Abroad 82
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Chuck 19,481
who enjoys dilaudid as much as i do? Tue Keepitreal9 3
Tamir Rice rally at Cleveland's Public Square s... Mon Lucas Mc Cain 1
The Immigration Issue is all About Voter Base Nov 23 Culture Auditor 1
Ohio men could be cleared in 1975 Cleveland murder Nov 21 Kevin from michigan 1
Must See Decadence for Entertainment on The Sl... Nov 21 Matt Kruse 2
Cleveland Dating
Find my Match

Cleveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cleveland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cleveland