Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

UdintBuildThat wrote:
It all has to do with sun spots, solar flares and sometimes earths volcanic activity....
Anything remotely sounding as if a weather change is because of something humans do automatically equates to screaming I'M A COMPLETE DUMBASS F-TARD
Its just that effing simple!
Why should I listen to you? You haven't demonstrated any special insights in the past, and I doubt you've had much formal training in the sciences. On the other hand...

"Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities,1and most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position."

http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus

Since: Aug 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I listen to you? You haven't demonstrated any special insights in the past, and I doubt you've had much formal training in the sciences. On the other hand...
"Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities,1and most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position."
http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus
Take your scietific, poindexter, consensus and shove it up yer-ass! Your only interest is to control others and confiscate wealth.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your scietific, poindexter, consensus and shove it up yer-ass! Your only interest is to control others and confiscate wealth.
Don't like and can't handle facts huh? Maybe you need to buy a lifetime supply of applesauce and adult diapers so you and the rest of the teabaggers can enjoy your has been status out to pasture.
Now back to you trying to change the channels on your microwave oven and wondering why you can't hear anyone on the other end when you answer your TV remote.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of surveying climate scientists, they surveyed geologists. Why do you think they would do that?
In my book, 97% of scientists IS a consensus. Yes, there are still 3% that disagree, but I can live with that.
Can you also live with the fact that the governments where these scientists come from have to approve of their work before it gets published by the IPCC?

Let's see now....... where do scientists get their money for the research they do? Hmmm.

Next question: if government is allowed to control our energy, does that give more power to the people or more power to the government? To put it another way, do we have more freedom with our healthcare today or did we have more freedom with our healthcare five years ago?

If you guessed less freedom, then you win a gold star, because as of the first of next year, you will be FORCED by the federal government to have healthcare. The federal government also FORCED insurance companies to provide birth control to women. The federal government FORCED insurance companies to spend at least 80% of their premium collections on actual payments instead of investments that offset those huge bills which increased our healthcare premiums dramatically.

But back to this IPCC thing:

Climate change: this is the worst scientific scandal of our generation
Our hopelessly compromised scientific establishment cannot be allowed to get away with the Climategate whitewash, says Christopher Booker.

6:10PM GMT 28 Nov 2009

A week after my colleague James Delingpole , on his Telegraph blog, coined the term "Climategate" to describe the scandal revealed by the leaked emails from the University of East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit, Google was showing that the word now appears across the internet more than nine million times. But in all these acres of electronic coverage, one hugely relevant point about these thousands of documents has largely been missed.

The reason why even the Guardian's George Monbiot has expressed total shock and dismay at the picture revealed by the documents is that their authors are not just any old bunch of academics. Their importance cannot be overestimated, What we are looking at here is the small group of scientists who have for years been more influential in driving the worldwide alarm over global warming than any others, not least through the role they play at the heart of the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).

Professor Philip Jones, the CRU's director, is in charge of the two key sets of data used by the IPCC to draw up its reports. Through its link to the Hadley Centre, part of the UK Met Office, which selects most of the IPCC's key scientific contributors, his global temperature record is the most important of the four sets of temperature data on which the IPCC and governments rely not least for their predictions that the world will warm to catastrophic levels unless trillions of dollars are spent to avert it.

Dr Jones is also a key part of the closely knit group of American and British scientists responsible for promoting that picture of world temperatures conveyed by Michael Mann's "hockey stick" graph which 10 years ago turned climate history on its head by showing that, after 1,000 years of decline, global temperatures have recently shot up to their highest level in recorded history.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists...
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

TruckDrivingWeatherExpert wrote:
Also, why are there so many pedophiles in your political party? Any particular reason why there are several times as many kiddie gropers in the GOP than you'll ever find with the Democrats? Wonder why that is? Perhaps that explains why you guys are always thinking the Feds are coming after you. It also explains why you guys want so many guns. Romney should have promised you guys a big doomsday Bible bunker full of toddlers. Anyway, back to you guys trying to tell America how to run the country. As if anyone cares.
And where is your data showing what political affiliation kiddy gropers belong to?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Don't like and can't handle facts huh? Maybe you need to buy a lifetime supply of applesauce and adult diapers so you and the rest of the teabaggers can enjoy your has been status out to pasture.
Now back to you trying to change the channels on your microwave oven and wondering why you can't hear anyone on the other end when you answer your TV remote.
The facts are sun spots, solar flares and volcanos are the only thing to make temperature averages fluctuate. Dumbass!
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
The facts are sun spots, solar flares and volcanos are the only thing to make temperature averages fluctuate. Dumbass!
Even clouds look down at you and say..."Hey look...that one is shaped like an idiot."

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Even clouds look down at you and say..."Hey look...that one is shaped like an idiot."
translation: I want control and I want your money and I want it now!
UdintEarnThat

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text> translation: I want control and I want your money and I want it now!
Leave your opinions about your parent's trust fund out of this.
UdintEarnThat

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Take that big fat Koch out your mouth. Your only interests is to be a fetch boy for corporations and the energy industry. You know, like the oil billionaire funded Tea Party. Oh, and I know you guys are still on the fence about it, but the earth is round. Not flat.
UdintEarnThat

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

All them there penis enlargement pills I've taken all these years really paid off cause I'm a REALLY HUGE-DICK!
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>

The link I posted was from a reliable news source that states our last 18 years have been below normal summer temperatures. This year may rise above even considering the cold days that we've had.
You didn't post a link to explain your "18 years have been below normal summer temperatures" claim. I'd like to see it.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your scietific, poindexter, consensus and shove it up yer-ass!
Wow, "poindexter", I haven't heard that one in a long time. That's what the dumb kids used to call the smart kids. I guess some things never change...
Old Guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

They make penis enlargement pills Canton? I've been hangin short and flacid ever since Jima Cawta was president. Spose they'll work for me too?
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
They make penis enlargement pills Canton? I've been hangin short and flacid ever since Jima Cawta was president. Spose they'll work for me too?
Stealing my name now? I don't think folks will have too much difficulty telling us apart. I'm the one that knows how to spell.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

UdintBuildThat wrote:
It all has to do with sun spots, solar flares and sometimes earths volcanic activity....
"Over the last 35 years the sun has shown a slight cooling trend. However global temperatures have been increasing. Since the sun and climate are going in opposite directions scientists conclude the sun cannot be the cause of recent global warming."

http://www.skepticalscience.com/solar-activit...
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't post a link to explain your "18 years have been below normal summer temperatures" claim. I'd like to see it.
Post |#19964
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Post |#19964
OK, I went back and looked.
Here's your link: http://fox8.com/weather/forecast/

It doesn't support your claim that: "18 years have been below normal summer temperatures." It doesn't say anything like that.

"Summer ends as Cleveland's hottest in 10 years
Published: Friday, September 21, 2012"

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2012...

And the year before that...

"Summer hits Northeast Ohio with some of its warmest and wettest weather in years
Published: Thursday, September 01, 2011
This summer will go down as one of the warmest and wettest in the last half-century."

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2011/09/summe...
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I went back and looked.
Here's your link: http://fox8.com/weather/forecast/
It doesn't support your claim that: "18 years have been below normal summer temperatures." It doesn't say anything like that.
IT DOESN'T?

Hmmm. Let's look at that again:

"Provided by Scott Sabol: By the way, I ran the numbers for the ENTIRE SUMMER starting on June 1st. Believe it or not, this summer is NEAR AVERAGE compared to all of the summers since 1983. 18 summers since 1983 have been COOLER than this summer"

Okay, so from what is printed here, our summer is pretty close to average.

Our past 18 summers have been cooler than average.

What am I missing here? And when he said it was "close to average," I'm assuming that even this summer is a bit cooler than average.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
IT DOESN'T?
Hmmm. Let's look at that again:
"Provided by Scott Sabol: By the way, I ran the numbers for the ENTIRE SUMMER starting on June 1st. Believe it or not, this summer is NEAR AVERAGE compared to all of the summers since 1983. 18 summers since 1983 have been COOLER than this summer"
Okay, so from what is printed here, our summer is pretty close to average.
Our past 18 summers have been cooler than average.
What am I missing here? And when he said it was "close to average," I'm assuming that even this summer is a bit cooler than average.
No, it doesn't say that. The page has probably changed since you captured that quote.

But, let's look at what you say he said: "18 summers since 1983 have been COOLER than this summer." There have been 29 summers since 1983. He is saying that 18 of those 29 have been cooler than this summer.(That means that 11 have been warmer than this summer.) You somehow took this to mean that the last 18 summers have been cooler than average. That's dead wrong.

"Summer ends as Cleveland's hottest in 10 years
Published: Friday, September 21, 2012"

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2012...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Cleveland Forum right now

Search the Cleveland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cleveland man fatally shot walking out of corne... 1 hr mike 3
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 1 hr Ant 2,222
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Abdullah OBrian 18,591
LeBron James 9 hr Go Blue Forever 9
Group targets youth violence in Cleveland Tue mike 1
What happened today (07/24) Mon xxxrayted 9
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 23 They cannot kill a Spook 231
•••
•••
•••
Cleveland Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Cleveland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••