Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20005 Aug 17, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Post |#19964
OK, I went back and looked.
Here's your link: http://fox8.com/weather/forecast/

It doesn't support your claim that: "18 years have been below normal summer temperatures." It doesn't say anything like that.

"Summer ends as Cleveland's hottest in 10 years
Published: Friday, September 21, 2012"

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2012...

And the year before that...

"Summer hits Northeast Ohio with some of its warmest and wettest weather in years
Published: Thursday, September 01, 2011
This summer will go down as one of the warmest and wettest in the last half-century."

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2011/09/summe...
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#20006 Aug 17, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I went back and looked.
Here's your link: http://fox8.com/weather/forecast/
It doesn't support your claim that: "18 years have been below normal summer temperatures." It doesn't say anything like that.
IT DOESN'T?

Hmmm. Let's look at that again:

"Provided by Scott Sabol: By the way, I ran the numbers for the ENTIRE SUMMER starting on June 1st. Believe it or not, this summer is NEAR AVERAGE compared to all of the summers since 1983. 18 summers since 1983 have been COOLER than this summer"

Okay, so from what is printed here, our summer is pretty close to average.

Our past 18 summers have been cooler than average.

What am I missing here? And when he said it was "close to average," I'm assuming that even this summer is a bit cooler than average.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20007 Aug 17, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
IT DOESN'T?
Hmmm. Let's look at that again:
"Provided by Scott Sabol: By the way, I ran the numbers for the ENTIRE SUMMER starting on June 1st. Believe it or not, this summer is NEAR AVERAGE compared to all of the summers since 1983. 18 summers since 1983 have been COOLER than this summer"
Okay, so from what is printed here, our summer is pretty close to average.
Our past 18 summers have been cooler than average.
What am I missing here? And when he said it was "close to average," I'm assuming that even this summer is a bit cooler than average.
No, it doesn't say that. The page has probably changed since you captured that quote.

But, let's look at what you say he said: "18 summers since 1983 have been COOLER than this summer." There have been 29 summers since 1983. He is saying that 18 of those 29 have been cooler than this summer.(That means that 11 have been warmer than this summer.) You somehow took this to mean that the last 18 summers have been cooler than average. That's dead wrong.

Pops

Fort Thomas, KY

#20008 Aug 17, 2013
It is great when there is civil discourse instead of narrow minded, aggressive name calling!
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#20009 Aug 17, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't say that. The page has probably changed since you captured that quote.
But, let's look at what you say he said: "18 summers since 1983 have been COOLER than this summer." There have been 29 summers since 1983. He is saying that 18 of those 29 have been cooler than this summer.(That means that 11 have been warmer than this summer.) You somehow took this to mean that the last 18 summers have been cooler than average. That's dead wrong.
Fair enough. I can do the math, and what the math says is that we have had more cooler summers than warmer in the last 30 years.. We had 18 summers with temperatures below average and 12 summers who knows?

The point is, there is nothing unusual going on here. Maybe in the next 30 years, we will have 18 warmer summers and 12 cooler ones. That would not be indicative of anything either.

If Global Warming or Climate Change or whatever you want to call it was really happening, we would be experiencing a consistent trend of warmer weather. It hasn't happened. And some predict (according to what's happening with the sun) that we will have a decade of cooler weather. Again, indicative of nothing.

The point is that this Global Warming farce is nothing more than an endless pit of money. And if you are an old guy, then you know exactly what I'm talking about.

We got rid of freon, we got rid of leaded gas and paint, we got rid of gas guzzling cars for the most part, we got rid of fluorocarbons in our armpit spray, we improved our carbon footprint in the energy we use such as electric, we greatly reduced global gasses thanks to fracking, we installed computer systems in cars and truck, and speaking of such, trucks now have Diesel Emission Fluid containers that we have to refill all the time and lower sulfur diesel fuel that keeps diesel fuel a buck or so higher than gasoline.

And wat do we have to show for it? More climate change?????

Isn't it enough already? Haven't we yet learned there is nothing we can do to change God's plan pro or con? Haven't we learned enough from the millions of jobs we lost to places like China and the trillions we already spent to understand we have no control of this?

When will we really learn--after we are totally broke?
The HeartOfTheGOP

Canton, OH

#20010 Aug 18, 2013
Please. Those who have supported the GOP their entire voting lives,(Also see won't admit it out of shame), have so much more to explain besides their radical, oil lobby propaganda fed views on our obviously changing climate.

Why do all of those rightwing, Christian Conservative Republican corporate fetch boys like them little kids so much?

http://armchairsubversive.blogspot.com/

Your turn. Go ahead and post a link to a huge scrolling web page of all the Democrats that have been proven to be pedophiles. Strange. There isn't any because the Republicans have been busted groping toddlers a disturbingly and disproportionate amount of times beyond any political group combined.
The HeartOfTheGOP

Canton, OH

#20011 Aug 18, 2013
It's almost as if you guys are deeply involved in a kookie little pseudo religious, kiddie groping oil cult. Minus the almost part. That puts your constant paranoia of the Feds, and your desperate need to hoard military grade weapons in a crystal clear perspective.

Since: Aug 12

Stone Mountain, GA

#20012 Aug 18, 2013
Funny how you single out one form of scandal...

Its like you're bragging on how impressive the media is like a teflon condom for all the democrats scandals.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#20013 Aug 18, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Its like you're bragging on how impressive the media is like a teflon condom for all the democrats scandals.
I've asked him before to provide some evidence of the political affiliation of all the pedophiles in this country, but I guess he can't which means he's full of ship.

Pedophiles come in all shapes, races and forms. They have nothing else so they constantly resort to pedophilia. Remember too how they praised Bill Clinton after taking advantage of a 19 year old underling; not that he hasn't before Monica. But the girl was young enough to be his daughter. Where were those ugly as hell women's rights people during that time? Nowhere to be found.
Pops

Fort Thomas, KY

#20014 Aug 18, 2013
It's clear that Canton (& his numerous A.K.A.'s ) is condemned to rant & makes up a lot of things to get attention.
Earlier I mentioned gene pools & that I was glad to NOT be part of Canton's family tree. Well Marilyn Mansion is also from Canton....hmmm

Stone Mountain, GA

#20015 Aug 18, 2013
Is it any wonder northeast Ohio makes any normal person feel like they entered the twilight zone and traveled back to the early 1900s? With folks like Canton and that kinda mindset they simply will never progress past the early 1900s era.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#20016 Aug 18, 2013
He has the same rants over and over. HIs hatred for oil, Republicans, God and wealthy people is about the only thing he can talk about.
so so ignorant

UK

#20017 Aug 18, 2013
The HeartOfTheGOP wrote:
Please. Those who have supported the GOP their entire voting lives,(Also see won't admit it out of shame), have so much more to explain besides their radical, oil lobby propaganda fed views on our obviously changing climate.
Why do all of those rightwing, Christian Conservative Republican corporate fetch boys like them little kids so much?
http://armchairsubversive.blogspot.com/
Your turn. Go ahead and post a link to a huge scrolling web page of all the Democrats that have been proven to be pedophiles. Strange. There isn't any because the Republicans have been busted groping toddlers a disturbingly and disproportionate amount of times beyond any political group combined.
I'll pray for you. It's going to be hard, but I'll do it.

Union City, GA

#20018 Aug 18, 2013
Ill pray for more Fracking on Northwast Ohio.

Union City, GA

#20019 Aug 18, 2013
Northwest*** and northeast just for Cantons sake.
lol

Huntington, WV

#20020 Aug 18, 2013
People! It's 2013 not 2010. Get over it!
Pops

Fort Thomas, KY

#20021 Aug 18, 2013
lol wrote:
People! It's 2013 not 2010. Get over it!
Have you noticed that the conversation has morphed away from the topic title but that the conversation is still coherent among the posters?
That means that YOUR comment is off of subject. sry to inform you of that. lol
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20022 Aug 18, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Both sides have their sex scandals. The difference is that Republicans are so vocal about being the voice of morality, that they come off as huge hypocrites when their true natures are revealed.

Two examples:
"Republican Helen Chenoweth (1998): The archconservative Idaho congresswoman, who blasted Bill Clinton's infidelity, copped to a six-year affair with a married rancher from her home state in the 1980s."

"Republican James West (2005): The Spokane mayor, who long opposed gay rights bills, was recalled from office after a gay Internet sex scandal and more were revealed."

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2009/06/24...
Pops

Fort Thomas, KY

#20023 Aug 18, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Both sides have their sex scandals. The difference is that Republicans are so vocal about being the voice of morality, that they come off as huge hypocrites when their true natures are revealed.
Two examples:
"Republican Helen Chenoweth (1998): The archconservative Idaho congresswoman, who blasted Bill Clinton's infidelity, copped to a six-year affair with a married rancher from her home state in the 1980s."
"Republican James West (2005): The Spokane mayor, who long opposed gay rights bills, was recalled from office after a gay Internet sex scandal and more were revealed."
Yea, Then there was all 3 of the Kennedy brothers, LBJ, and Weiner said that someone hacked his account & had hired a pro to find out who. Then there was Mr Edwards & then the I believe the South Carolina congressman that simply disappeared & was supposedly hiking the App. Trail. ALL of us could go on & on about this topic.
In recent history, Carter, Reagan & GW were the only ones that seemed to have kept their privates private.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#20024 Aug 18, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Two examples:
They do stand out more because of one, the media is a big help in that department and two, Democrats don't have morality, so when somebody pulls a Monica, it's not looked down by the constituents, it's accepted and even praised.

Every group of people has their bad apples be it the police, the firemen, the Catholic priests, CCW holders, the Democrats and yes, the Republicans. The difference however is how the rest of the people respond to their bad apples.

In the Republican party, they usually throw their own under the bus. In the Democrat party, they stick together. The Democrats did their best to protect Clinton during the Jones situation and impeachment, but when it came to Nixon, they told him to leave the room and don't let the door hit him in the azz.

Trent Lott complimented Strom Thurman at his PRIVATE birthday party saying had he been elected President, our country would be in better shape today. The Democrats spun that into some kind of racial thing and even though Lott did nothing wrong, he resigned from his position. Compare that to when William Jefferson was caught hiding money in a freezer during Katrina, and even summoned the national guard to help him get his car out of the mud. He went down kicking and screaming.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 27 min Earl 20,642
News Former President Bill Clinton in Cleveland asks... 1 hr Go Blue Forever 1
Debate: Lester Holt Failed, Clinton Failed, Tru... 1 hr Go Blue Forever 3
News Man dies after being hit by car on Cleveland Av... 10 hr Mee 19
Cleveland will NOT vote for Clinton 16 hr ClintonsNoLeaders 2
News Coffee Quiz Fox 8 News In The Morning Scott Sabol (Jun '10) 16 hr Jennifer etela 23
Heroin ? (Feb '15) Wed Danzr31585 50

Cleveland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cleveland Mortgages