xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#17094 Jan 1, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
While your example is slightly juvenile in scope, there have been several proposals to target foods which contribute heavily to the obesity epidemic for taxes with an eye to shaping behaviour in the same way that taxes on smoking (or tanning) have!
Yes indeed. Our founders wrote on taxing the population into submission many times. They debated it endlessly. Our government is one where they are to make our meals, bathe us, make sure we don't watch too much television or gain too much weight. What else is a government of a free country supposed to do? People are not intelligent enough to take care of themselves, that's why we have a federal government. Just look up the words of James Madison.

First tobacco, then alcohol, now tanning beds and finally to food. Government needs to control our actions using these products. Food is dangerous you know. And when our federal government fears for our safety, they should tax us until we are no longer interested in hurting ourselves.

Oh if only the founders could see their country today. Would they be so proud. Now with Commie Care, who knows where that will lead us? Oh yes, I know where it will go:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/13/world/asia/...

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#17095 Jan 1, 2013
If you're being paid for services rendered, that's income. All income generated overseas, including most types of interest, is to be declared and may be taxable.

I don't think you're being given bad advice, I think you're fabricating a narrative based on what you think banking and business on an international scale would look like. You've heard people talk about overseas accounts and have decided that overseas = untaxable. In order to try and style yourself as well-heeled and well informed, you're parroting back half remembered and half understood nonsense.

While somewhat charming, makes little sense to anyone who has ever had to file a FBAR.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#17096 Jan 1, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed. Our founders wrote on taxing the population into submission many times. They debated it endlessly. Our government is one where they are to make our meals, bathe us, make sure we don't watch too much television or gain too much weight. What else is a government of a free country supposed to do? People are not intelligent enough to take care of themselves, that's why we have a federal government. Just look up the words of James Madison.
First tobacco, then alcohol, now tanning beds and finally to food. Government needs to control our actions using these products. Food is dangerous you know. And when our federal government fears for our safety, they should tax us until we are no longer interested in hurting ourselves.
Oh if only the founders could see their country today. Would they be so proud. Now with Commie Care, who knows where that will lead us? Oh yes, I know where it will go:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/13/world/asia/...
I think the outrage would make a bit more sense were the government not already indelibly linked to the prices and market for foodstuffs in the US market. Simply incredible amounts of public funds are spent to support agricultural industries which result in some pretty unique trends. The corn syrup with seems to be in most everything served in the US flows directly through the treasury via subsidies. While I agree that a more natural, hands off approach might be more elegant, pretending that controlling the price of high risk foods through taxation is an outrage while ignoring the fat that the current prices are set through subsidies against many of our best interests hardly seems intellectually honest.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#17097 Jan 1, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
well you being a member of a $25 billion in annual sales legal team that is Head Quartered overseas that advised me to invest in property and open an LLC overseas to be paid for my services by a foreign national company into their bank which I have a new account in was wrong?
and my pipe dream is a reality that just over a month ago you liberal dirtbags wanted Romney's overseas accounts taxed.
Guess what...it can't happen.
My income generated is a foreign interest.
yes I will pay property and sales tax here in the USA.
city, state; and federal tax....none
I guess you dirtbag liberals feel you can tax who ever, where ever you want.
I will leave the heavy lifting to the legal team that KNOWS tax law, not some chump who lives in the UK on a Columbus Ohio forum who thinks they know tax law better than 45 company lawyers.
Your stories get better every day. 45 lawyers. Wow. Tell us another one.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#17098 Jan 1, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I was....6 months ago.
Today is a new year starting.
The company runs on a calendar year.
are you not smart enough to figure that out, or did you just eat some bad kibble?
Let me say it another way so maybe you can understand it.

Why weren't you smart enough to do this last year? Or 5 years ago? Or 10?

(6 months ago? Really? You told us all you did it after the election. You aren't keeping your stories straight.)
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#17099 Jan 1, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
While your example is slightly juvenile in scope, there have been several proposals to target foods which contribute heavily to the obesity epidemic for taxes with an eye to shaping behaviour in the same way that taxes on smoking (or tanning) have!
what is juvenile in scope is the thinking of taxing something extra because some nut job liberal thinks it is bad.

how about a flat consumption tax on everything.....including food.

the entire tax code in a sentence.

but then that would stop whiney liberals from sticking their nose where it does not belong

can't have that now can we
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#17100 Jan 1, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
If you're being paid for services rendered, that's income. All income generated overseas, including most types of interest, is to be declared and may be taxable.
I don't think you're being given bad advice, I think you're fabricating a narrative based on what you think banking and business on an international scale would look like. You've heard people talk about overseas accounts and have decided that overseas = untaxable. In order to try and style yourself as well-heeled and well informed, you're parroting back half remembered and half understood nonsense.
While somewhat charming, makes little sense to anyone who has ever had to file a FBAR.
If only I could have said it like that.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#17101 Jan 1, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're as stupid as X and Bubba. You should all stay inside, under adult supervision, for your own protection.
woof
I am so stupid I am going to the Caribbean for 2 weeks in January.

you staying in Akron?

you are so smart to stay in the number 2 city in the nation of property devaluation; and no opportunity for gainful employment because the unions ran all the businesses away.

the rubber capital is now the slum capital

as the University of Akron expands.....your slum is torn down little by little.

are you holding out for your house to be bought for the heavy price of $1000 by the University?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#17102 Jan 1, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me say it another way so maybe you can understand it.
Why weren't you smart enough to do this last year? Or 5 years ago? Or 10?
(6 months ago? Really? You told us all you did it after the election. You aren't keeping your stories straight.)
let me do this slow, so even your mentally handicapped mind can grasp it.

the ball was put into play months ago being proactive.

5 years ago I was an Employee; and also 10 years ago.

2010 I walked away from a 6 figure sales management position to form my own gig.

Since 2010 my income has more than doubled.

2013 my income will almost double 2012 because of a new negotiated commission rate.

so as you are checking spelling mistakes, or attempting to invalidate anything someone says that is not a dirtbag liberal like yourself.....I will be building a home on a Caribbean Island that I will live in whenever I want to; and pay cash for it. A 1750 square foot vacation home where it is 80 degrees every single day.

PS: I already have a boat there. My new boat here in the USA is worth more than an entire block of Exchange Street in Akron. Paid cash at a foreclosure sale for it.

what is impossible to keep straight...is your reading comprehension.

is it a genetic problem for you, or are you just plum dumb.

so my ignorance that has provided 5 college educations with no debt, 3 homes; 6 cars, 2 boats; and a retirement savings that already pays in interest double the national average workers income. Selling the 2 USA homes will add 800K to the savings account.

how stupid am I.....I should have listened to you....I could be on govt assistance like you.

such a fool I am to go at it all by myself.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#17103 Jan 1, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the outrage would make a bit more sense were the government not already indelibly linked to the prices and market for foodstuffs in the US market. Simply incredible amounts of public funds are spent to support agricultural industries which result in some pretty unique trends. The corn syrup with seems to be in most everything served in the US flows directly through the treasury via subsidies. While I agree that a more natural, hands off approach might be more elegant, pretending that controlling the price of high risk foods through taxation is an outrage while ignoring the fat that the current prices are set through subsidies against many of our best interests hardly seems intellectually honest.
If we are to be totally honest, the price of foods are controlled by the commodity market. It is there where bidding on products take place. So what happened?

Two things: first off, we started to burn up our food supply to satisfy environmentalists. Forget the fact that ethanol is actually dirtier to make, provides less milage, and destroys engines more quickly than gasoline, it's the though that counts.

When producers use corn to make into ethanol, that drives the price of corn up. Okay, no problem, so the price of corn is up, why is everything else up too? Farmers who used to grow wheat or soybeans dropped their crop for the higher selling corn. Now we have a shortage of wheat and soybeans and their price goes up. In fact, all grains go up.

So now we have a shortage of grains and the price of everything is up. But wait? What about meat? Quality hogs and cattle are fed grain products. Same goes with chickens.

Next we have the weakening of the dollar. Commodities are sold worldwide and have a price of their own. It now takes more US dollars to buy products on the market which drives the cost up. It's the same way with your gasoline.

Last but not least is subsidies, but subsidies were always there. They don't have that much of an impact on our food prices.
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#17104 Jan 1, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Poor Dukie...his opponents all make sense, deflating his position, and he cries like a little girl.
You're a child. And foul one at that.
If you think they make sense call your local Congressman and ask them to tax exposure to sunshine instead of the use tanning beds.

It would certainly produce quite a nice revenue stream.

Let me know how that works out for you, if the white suits don't transport you from your home.

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#17105 Jan 1, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
let me do this slow, so even your mentally handicapped mind can grasp it.
the ball was put into play months ago being proactive.
5 years ago I was an Employee; and also 10 years ago.
2010 I walked away from a 6 figure sales management position to form my own gig.
Since 2010 my income has more than doubled.
2013 my income will almost double 2012 because of a new negotiated commission rate.
so as you are checking spelling mistakes, or attempting to invalidate anything someone says that is not a dirtbag liberal like yourself.....I will be building a home on a Caribbean Island that I will live in whenever I want to; and pay cash for it. A 1750 square foot vacation home where it is 80 degrees every single day.
PS: I already have a boat there. My new boat here in the USA is worth more than an entire block of Exchange Street in Akron. Paid cash at a foreclosure sale for it.
what is impossible to keep straight...is your reading comprehension.
is it a genetic problem for you, or are you just plum dumb.
so my ignorance that has provided 5 college educations with no debt, 3 homes; 6 cars, 2 boats; and a retirement savings that already pays in interest double the national average workers income. Selling the 2 USA homes will add 800K to the savings account.
how stupid am I.....I should have listened to you....I could be on govt assistance like you.
such a fool I am to go at it all by myself.
Priceless.
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#17106 Jan 1, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Priceless.
At least 17 separate uses of "I", "me", "myself", and "my" in a single paragraph.

Almost one per year of education.

Pretty darned impressive.

woof
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#17107 Jan 1, 2013
House rejected Obammy's deal

The cliff is the solution....tax hikes; and massive spending cuts.

posted at 4:35 by AP.

This Thursday a new Congress is seated; and will send only plan B for the Presidents signature.

Obammy already refused it.

so the cliff it is.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#17108 Jan 1, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Priceless.
agree

living in paradise where the weather is 80 everyday; and fishing for Marlin is priceless.

I will save some bait for your dinner if you like. Want it mailed?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#17110 Jan 1, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
As someone who paid US taxes for income earned overseas for several years, I assure you that if you're making more than 80k a year income (unless the rate has changed in the past year or two!) that the income becomes taxable in the United States as well as in the area you're earning money in! Which can really suck.
But, you already knew this, before moving operations to the Netherlands, or the Caribbean, or some other pipe dream of where you think business people move their assets?
so why are you not paying USA taxes now?

your post is all past tense.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#17111 Jan 1, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
may be taxable

you yourself wrote.....may be taxable

how about is not taxable.

and in your fantasy life of thinking you know everything.....can I tell you how clueless you are.

I think I will listen to the $25 billion a year corporation; and what their 45 lawyers instruct me to do, because 99% of my income is derived from their manufacturing.

listening to a liberal windbag like yourself is a recipe for failure.

please stay in the UK.....sharia law will suit you best.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#17112 Jan 1, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
At least 17 separate uses of "I", "me", "myself", and "my" in a single paragraph.

woof
You mean like this guy?

‘I,’‘Me’—Obama Uses First-Person Pronoun 117 Times in 1 Speech

Speaking in Sandusky, Ohio on July 5, President Barack Obama used the first-person pronouns “I” and “me” a combined 117 times in a speech that lasted about 25 minutes and 32 seconds.

Obama used “I” 98 times and “me” 19 times, according to a transcript of the speech posted by the White House. A videotape of the speech posted on YouTube shows that Obama spoke for about 25-and-a-half minutes.

During this speech, Obama used “I” or “me” approximately once every 13.09 seconds.
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/i-me-obama-us...
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#17113 Jan 1, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost one per year of education.
woof
keep checking the spelling

make sure to document all the mistakes.

your value to society is almost minimum wage material.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#17114 Jan 1, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
House rejected Obammy's deal
The cliff is the solution....tax hikes; and massive spending cuts.
posted at 4:35 by AP.
This Thursday a new Congress is seated; and will send only plan B for the Presidents signature.
Obammy already refused it.
so the cliff it is.
They did? I missed that vote. Why is it that you see things that no one else does?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Los Angeles 19,209
Stark sheriff's deputies file lawsuit over Hope... (Feb '09) 18 hr weams 124
Woman found dead on Cleveland back porch grante... Tue Retread 1
Was Dumb fired from Rovers Morning Glory Sep 15 Shaun Street rules 34
The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz (Feb '08) Sep 15 Las Vegas girl 1,012
Bay High students dumped urine and feces on a s... Sep 14 Steve Raleigh WCPO 4
where can u buy heroin in cleveland? Sep 13 DopeSlangg 1
•••
•••
Cleveland Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••