|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Your question could apply to your own post that I responded too which was off of topic. Like Comparing coconuts to bananas.
I think bananas are cheaper.

woof
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the truth. The only people I have seen shot in home invasions were those who had guns themselves. Most times, they were shot with their own guns.
You don't like scientific studies and prefer anecdotal evidence. That's what I gave you. It seems you simply don't like information that doesn't fit your preconceived notions.
Go to Google and type in GUN and INTRUDER and tell me if that's what you see. Countless...... I mean countless stories of armed people protecting their home and family. I haven't found one yet where the story ends up with the armed homeowner assaulted while he (she) is holding a firearm.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to Google and type in GUN and INTRUDER and tell me if that's what you see. Countless...... I mean countless stories of armed people protecting their home and family. I haven't found one yet where the story ends up with the armed homeowner assaulted while he (she) is holding a firearm.
So what? That doesn't make my anecdotes untrue.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe somebody on the net posts their findings and you can give me that address.
It's pure logic: somebody breaks into your home with a gun, bat or knife. Are you safer with a gun or without? If somebody is out to kill you or bring you harm, how is being defenseless an advantage?
Better question: several administrators at the Conn. grade school were armed. Do you think those kids stood a better chance with an armed teacher or worse? If worse, please explain.
Shooters Mother was heavily armed as we know. Did it help or hinder her survival? You could say it CAUSED her demise.

[PDF] TAKING A STAND: REDUCING GUN VIOLENCE IN OUR ... https://www.theiacp.org/LinkClick.aspx...

Bureau of Investigation data for 2006 showed gun violence rates rising for the .... means they cannot sit on their porches at night.... of crime in the 1990's by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) put the U.S. firearm homicide ..... Explosives (ATF) if multiple handgun sales are made to a single individual ...
[PDF] National Violent Death Reporting System Coding ... www.cdc.gov/ncipc/pub-res/nvdrs-coding/vs3/nv... ...- Similarto National Violent Death Reporting System Coding ...

the National Violent Injury Statistics System (NVISS) and contracted software .... Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) trace information on firearms ... whether the person disclosed intent to die by suicide and precipitating factors.... Circumstance variables for unintentional firearm deaths are related to the context ...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? That doesn't make my anecdotes untrue.
So 100 stories of people protecting themselves with firearms not being harmed for using them doesn't make your anecdotes untrue? Then what makes them true?
titonton divaunte pants

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

" Liberals are going to have to decide if they’ll stick with the president if the plan he floated this week to cut Social Security benefits by switching to the so-called chained CPI becomes a reality, and it’s not an easy choice. Progressive pressure groups and lawmakers are furious with Obama for proposing the cuts, as I noted yesterday,but House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi said she’s confident that her caucus would ultimately support the plan if the president asks them too."
Mittens,paul ryan,aluminum foil hat,secondhandsmoke..........; -)
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Just for a chuckle, I did what you suggested. Here is the fourth result. But I used Bing.

Rochester pastor who shot granddaughter thought she was intruder

http://www.startribune.com/local/183452611.ht...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Most criminals ARE Wingnuts..
Aha! Thank you for verifying that. ;-0
titonton divaunte pants

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the truth. The only people I have seen shot in home invasions were those who had guns themselves. Most times, they were shot with their own guns.
You don't like scientific studies and prefer anecdotal evidence. That's what I gave you. It seems you simply don't like information that doesn't fit your preconceived notions.
sounds like you know from experiance. The nra gives all kinds of safety classes dave. Even ones that play out home invasions. BTW we all hope your wife is ok dave.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So 100 stories of people protecting themselves with firearms not being harmed for using them doesn't make your anecdotes untrue? Then what makes them true?
What makes them true is that they happened. That was kind of a stupid question.

Look. This was on the first page of your search.

Woman, 86, pulled gun before intruder killed her, documents say

http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/2012121...
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you will now tell us how you can't do scientific research through a Google search, do one on "shot with own gun."
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Shooters Mother was heavily armed as we know. Did it help or hinder her survival? You could say it CAUSED her demise.
From what we know now, there are two things that caused her demise: first off is training your screwed up kid how to shoot a gun. Second is that she danced around having him institutionalized and informing him of her intent. It's believed now that's what set him off. She did some voluntary work at the school which is why her son chose it as a target.

I don't blame the gun or type of gun for this tragedy. I blame a irresponsible parent.
titonton divaunte pants

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just for a chuckle, I did what you suggested. Here is the fourth result. But I used Bing.
yep and tasers are"non lethal" too. Yet over 500 people are killed by them a year. Just from police.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Some of the reason Gun Violence reporting is incomplete or sketchy.

Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence » Gun Violence Prevention ... smartgunlaws.org/effectiveness-gun-violence-p... -...

Mar 1, 2012 ... Gun Violence Prevention Efforts Hampered by Lack of Research and Funding ... A 2005 report of a committee of the National Academy of Sciences ... for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) were becoming increasingly ...

Health and Crime Data Sources - Resources - Center for Gun ... www.jhsph.edu/research/centers-and-institutes... -...

The Center's work in this area focuses on the role of gun dealers, straw purchases, and firearm theft in the transfer of guns from legal to illegal markets. More ...
Scores of kids killed at home, out of national spotlight www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/12/17... -...

2 days ago ... One expert on gun violence sees more social pressure for people to pick up their ... The CDC breakdown: 41 deaths were classified as unintentional, 127 as ... Violent Death Reporting System, over 86% of all firearm deaths of ...(Obama, even in Newtown, did not mention changing gun laws specifically.)...

frontline: hot guns: Firearm Injuries | PBS www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/guns/p... - Similarto frontline: hot guns: Firearm Injuries | PBS

Along with the National Rifle Association, Dr. Suter's group has campaigned to get Congress to cut CDC's funding for gun violence research. Last year ...
Gun Violence: How Research on an American Health Crisis Has ... www.forbes.com/sites/robwaters/2012/12/17/gun... ...

2 days ago ... In 1996, Congress cut the CDC's budget by $2.6 million and passed ... nature of this crime, we must recognize that gun violence represents a ...
US budget cut may end CDC gun-violence research : The Lancet www.thelancet.com/pdfs/journals/lancet/PIIS01...

The National Rifle Association's 2-year quest to end what it calls biased research into gun-related violence and firearms injuries funded by the US Centers for ...
How Your Tax Dollars Demonize Your Guns - America's 1st Freedom www.nrapublications.org/index.php/9485/how-yo... ...

Finally, in 1996, Congress cut off gun control funding for the CDC—mainly ... of gun ownership and how having more guns correlates with more gun violence.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's called a gun accident and doesn't support your claim that those who use a gun are likely to make matters worse on themselves ending up with them getting shot instead.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes them true is that they happened. That was kind of a stupid question.
Look. This was on the first page of your search.
Woman, 86, pulled gun before intruder killed her, documents say
http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/2012121...
The woman didn't even have control over the gun. She was 86 years old for crying out loud. She was reaching for the gun when he wrestled it away from her. You call that evidence to support your claim?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
From what we know now, there are two things that caused her demise: first off is training your screwed up kid how to shoot a gun. Second is that she danced around having him institutionalized and informing him of her intent. It's believed now that's what set him off. She did some voluntary work at the school which is why her son chose it as a target.
I don't blame the gun or type of gun for this tragedy. I blame a irresponsible parent.
How old is a reasonable age to teach your child how to use a gun?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you will now tell us how you can't do scientific research through a Google search, do one on "shot with own gun."
Gun accidents happen all the time. Every hunting season usually starts out with a hunter getting hurt or killed by accident. So do we outlaw hunting or disarm the rest of America for that reason?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That's called a gun accident and doesn't support your claim that those who use a gun are likely to make matters worse on themselves ending up with them getting shot instead.
Oh. I didn't understand the terminology. When a homeowner pulls a gun on an intruder and "wins" the confrontation, that is a gun success story. When a home owner pulls a gun on who he thinks is an intruder and shoots someone in his own family, that's just an unfortunate incident. I see. I bet that gun made that granddaughter shot in the chest feel much safer in her home.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine: Armed Self-Defense at ... www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/04/robert-fara... ...

Apr 28, 2011 ...“gun accidents are most likely to occur in homes with guns”... What about knives ?... his conclusions make sense: people do stupid things when angry or depressed, and the presence of a gun helps make that stupidity fatal.
Gun owners: what would it take for you to give up your guns?... forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi... ;

2 days ago ... I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a ..... If you have a gun, everybody in your home is more likely than your non-gun-owning ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 47 min Ancient One 18,851
The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz (Feb '08) Wed PRIVATE 1,004
news Aug 26 admirer 1
Was Dumb fired from Rovers Morning Glory Aug 25 No End 18
where can u find dog food in cleveland? Aug 25 type username here 2
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... Aug 24 TedHOhio 6
Review: Amarico Fence Aug 22 Jimmy jones 1
•••
•••
•••

Cleveland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000