Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Cleveland Forum

Comments (Page 712)

Showing posts 14,221 - 14,240 of25,328
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
fun had zero intent to be included
just the reality that the next 4 years the lame duck will have Zero power to spend; and the unions were murdered is enough for now.
anything past a single point is more that your pea brain can remember.
don't fret I will remind you.
Remind me how that Texas thing works again.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ds are playing demographic warfare, and maintain a dangerous illusion that you can fix the fiscal problems without raising taxes on all brackets and cutting entitlements.
Ohhhhh. So the problem is that GOP wants to raise more peoples taxes than President Obama does? Ohhhhh. I guess I misunderstood that whole Grover Norquist thing.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
An R candidate for Senate in WA had a Harvard MPA, look up the margin he lost by. McConnell will defeat Judd by a similar margin.
In 2010, CT elected a D who lied about being a Vietnam combat veteran
In 2012, CT elected a D who lied about his mortgage debts and missed most of his meetings when he was in the House.
Not what I'd call "aware of the candidates"
That, or aware enough to realize that even with those character flaws they were better than the Grover Norquist minion running against them.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I am CEO of my own company Jr; and earn the same money without the BS.
My ambitions are to retire and fish all day prior to 55, not babysit morons like you.
My being a nutball must make you retarded in a home with someone feeding you and wiping your butt.
PS: the fantasy of unions will be ended tomorrow.......google it cousin
You French need lessons in hygiene.
Now he's Warren Buffett. "I'm CEO of my own company." WOW.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
why would I want to to act like someone who committed suicide?
only your party does that.
You're writing resembles the rantings of someone spouting off just moments before they have the snot knocked out of them by someone tired of hearing a boorish fool.

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
It shows who is bribing the people more. When subverting the rule of law and giving bribes is considered a legitimate and winning political tactic, the nation is doomed.(illegal alien amnesty, student loan rate caps)
Further, I see your Teabaggers and raise you a Communist (Progressive Caucus)
Do you really think that the use of government largesse being used as political capital is a new thing? You don't think that Oil Companies and Halliburton weren't "bribed" for money and votes? How about Andrew Carnegie or Rockefeller? Give us a break. Your only problem is you don't like who is receiving the benefit now. Spare us your sanctimony.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
RTW passed in Indiana in 2011, 2012 GOP Governor elected, GOP expands House majority...
And what happened one state to the east in 2011?

woof
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
She'd be in her 70s by then, I presume she will be more interested in getting her daughter into the House or the Senate if Schumer retires in 2016.
On January 20, 2016, Ms. Clinton will be ten months younger than Reagan was when he took office.

There's no doubt. She's running.

woof
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

kmh wrote:
<quoted text>
REPORTED
UNCONCERNED
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're writing resembles the rantings of someone spouting off just moments before they have the snot knocked out of them by someone tired of hearing a boorish fool.
woof
I am your Huckleberry

just name the time and place
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I am your Huckleberry
just name the time and place
No, you're a dingleberry and the place is your mom's house. Now get in line, scarecrow.
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

kmh wrote:
<quoted text>
REPORTED
And yet "Reality's" talk of shooting people and threats of violence don't even phase you. No wonder the mods on here quickly placed you in the kook pile. Stick to hoarding cats and shoving pictures of mutilated fetuses in young mother's faces outside of Planned Parenthood.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet "Reality's" talk of shooting people and threats of violence don't even phase you. No wonder the mods on here quickly placed you in the kook pile. Stick to hoarding cats and shoving pictures of mutilated fetuses in young mother's faces outside of Planned Parenthood.
I know the threats of violence are quite unsettling. When I first started reading the boards I was terribly put off by them as well.

While it may not reassure you much, once I recognized the level of powerlessness that these threats arise from, I found them much less disturbing.

You've got older, white men, who feel that they have little agency over their own lives, in a context which has rapidly devalued their privilege. They're confused, afraid and angry. Things have changed so much, in a way so far from their expectations and it must seem wonderfully unfair.

Reading these threats as threats against individuals is indeed concerning.

Reading them instead as empty threats by the powerless against the system which contains the individuals they name in their threats, makes everything look much more manageable. These men aren't likely to hurt anyone. They haven't got the agency to make themselves heard in meaningful ways, let alone take drastic and dangerous steps outlined here.

It is still inappropriate and points to the immaturity and lack of reason which leaves them unable to seek redress and respect from the world. But it's a lot less scary than reading the bravado and bluster outside of their contexts.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the threats of violence are quite unsettling. When I first started reading the boards I was terribly put off by them as well.
While it may not reassure you much, once I recognized the level of powerlessness that these threats arise from, I found them much less disturbing.
You've got older, white men, who feel that they have little agency over their own lives, in a context which has rapidly devalued their privilege. They're confused, afraid and angry. Things have changed so much, in a way so far from their expectations and it must seem wonderfully unfair.
Reading them instead as empty threats by the powerless against the system which contains the individuals they name in their threats, makes everything look much more manageable. These men aren't likely to hurt anyone. They haven't got the agency to make themselves heard in meaningful ways, let alone take drastic and dangerous steps outlined here.
It is still inappropriate and points to the immaturity and lack of reason which leaves them unable to seek redress and respect from the world. But it's a lot less scary than reading the bravado and bluster outside of their contexts.
When they give a person a Bachelors degree, they take away their mouth; when they give them a Masters degree, they take away their brains; and when they give them a PhD, they give them back their mouth."

-- Helen Kehr Billings, PhD (1901-1995)

To put it plainly, your proctologist called.
He found your head.
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
When they give a person a Bachelors degree, they take away their mouth; when they give them a Masters degree, they take away their brains; and when they give them a PhD, they give them back their mouth."
-- Helen Kehr Billings, PhD (1901-1995)
To put it plainly, your proctologist called.
He found your head.
And when a person is home schooled, they take away the ability to breed outside of their family. If they go to a Catholic school, they take away their anal virginity. To put it plainly, Obama called. He said 4 more obviously propserous years, baby!

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
And when a person is home schooled, they take away the ability to breed outside of their family. If they go to a Catholic school, they take away their anal virginity. To put it plainly, Obama called. He said 4 more obviously propserous years, baby!
You’re about as smooth as a 3-month old bikini wax.
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
We have given up on any meaningful interaction on here since the election. Now it's all about making the big talkers finish eating their crow. We have finally pulled out of the bleary eyed Theocracy that started with Reagan and ended with the Tea Party Nazis. The last election was big oil money wearing a Jesus mask versus the will of the American people. We all saw how that turned out. Too bad they f*ed up the environment for future generations before their greddy and self absorbed agenda was shut down.
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
You’re about as smooth as a 3-month old bikini wax.
You're about as clever as anyone on the losing team. Nevermind the statistically lower IQ thing. Get your cousin humping @ss back to Mayberry, son. The American people made it very clear how they feel about you and yours.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
On January 20, 2016, Ms. Clinton will be ten months younger than Reagan was when he took office.
There's no doubt. She's running.
woof
That would be impressive if there were an inauguration in 2016. The next president takes office in 2017.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
You're about as clever as anyone on the losing team. Nevermind the statistically lower IQ thing. Get your cousin humping @ss back to Mayberry, son. The American people made it very clear how they feel about you and yours.
Not a student of history, are you?
Read about where things stood for each party in December, 1964 and then see how things went from 1965-1968 for the "winning" Democrat president.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 14,221 - 14,240 of25,328
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Cleveland Forum right now

Search the Cleveland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 min Samuel 17,742
Review: Amish Built Garages For Less 10 hr Bub 2
Rand Paul stutters 10 hr Tea 1
Genealogy Query - FRANKLIN : RICHARDS 21 hr joanNYadoptees 1
Looking for father Thu Angela 9
sin tax Thu Joe Bialek 2
Open container law reform could affect Short No... Wed They cannot kill a Spook 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cleveland Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Cleveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance